User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: J & P

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Default J & P

I ramble a bit before making a point and quantifying a subject

So I have been thinking today, scary thought, thinking firstly about the direction of my life and what I need to do. And while thinking about that I started thinking about getting a job that gets me out of the house, that forces a schedule and some order into my life. I also went back to the gym today after a long break and also how that would again provide order and a schedule.

Here I am a P,, very very very much a P, I lack discipline to organize and structure my life, yet when I have it there tends to be a calmness and a peace in me. So I have to wonder what that means. I wonder if a P needs a J and vice versa? I wonder if other P types seek order in their chaotic life? I wonder if they too are like me and lack the discipline to obtain it? Is this odd? Odd that I am very happy being wild and spontaneous, very happy with my chaos and clutter YET there is this other part of me that finds peace in order, peace in structure and having a direction. And gosh darnit if I didn't marry a P ....

what do you think this says about me? do you think this is generally true? or am i just oddly unique?

thoughts?

discussions?

ideas?

thanks
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    I wonder if a P needs a J and vice versa?
    Yes. In my opinion.

To the rest...I'm not a P so I can't really help.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFJ

So I have been thinking today, scary thought, thinking firstly about the direction of my life and what I need to do. And while thinking about that I started thinking about getting a job that gets me out of the house, that forces a schedule and some order into my life. I also went back to the gym today after a long break and also how that would again provide order and a schedule.

Here I am a P,, very very very much a P, I lack discipline to organize and structure my life, yet when I have it there tends to be a calmness and a peace in me. So I have to wonder what that means. I wonder if a P needs a J and vice versa? I wonder if other P types seek order in their chaotic life? I wonder if they too are like me and lack the discipline to obtain it? Is this odd? Odd that I am very happy being wild and spontaneous, very happy with my chaos and clutter YET there is this other part of me that finds peace in order, peace in structure and having a direction. And gosh darnit if I didn't marry a P ....

what do you think this says about me? do you think this is generally true? or am i just oddly unique?

thoughts?

discussions?

ideas?

thanks
    I think that some might enjoy experiencing in relationship with another the qualities they personally feel they lack. Whether someone might enjoy that or not I think depends on far more than their 4 letter MBTI type. A few things I can think of related to MBTI that might affect this could be how strongly developed their own non-dominant functions are and also perhaps what kind experience with other types their life experience has brought them. I think there are likely multitudes of other factors outside of MBTI that could affect this preference in a person as well.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

thoughts?

discussions?

ideas?

thanks
    Interesting thoughts you're having. I feel the same way about being J sometimes. I can get very bitchy when things are exactly how I want them to be. I solved this problem a few months ago by taking lexapro

One of my favorite shows to watch is called Clean House. It's about a person or family who have ridiculously cluttered homes. So this team swoop in and organize them (my favorite part, hehe) and all is well at least for the time being. I know I'm going somewhere with this (It's 4am and I have a blasted cold/sore throat), what I mean is that anyone can get organized! Make a list of things you want to do. Not a mental list, actually write them down and check off each thing as it gets done!

You mentioned that when you are getting things done you experience a sense of calmness. I want to elaborate on that. We both have kids and husbands. We can't control everything they do and cleaning up after everyone can be very frustrating. It really is never ending. When my house is tidy I feel as though my life is controlled even if there's still some chaos (everyday drama with the kids, etc. )surrounding me.

Tara, you can't change who you are completely and why should you, you're a wonderful person! Don't beat yourself up over things. Stay at home moms all get the blahs now and then. It can be a thankless job but we'll survive. Getting back to the gym and considering getting a part time job is a great way to start. If we lived closer, I'd love to go with you!

Anyway and don't worry too much about changing beautiful you. And make that list! :P
    Last edited by Tigerlily; 01-22-2008 at 07:14 AM.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

As much as I like P types, if I marry one, I'm not sure if we can keep everything from going from going to hell, and then we'll end as bums on the side of the road begging for money. Maybe we'll just need some outside support from friends and family to get things done. If we can both keep a job and if someone remembers to pay the bills, I guess most things will turn out okay.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

thoughts?

discussions?

ideas?

thanks
    I noticed that your capitalization and punctuation have been getting better recently. You did well on that post.

Anyway, I don't think it's that odd. J's like order, but not stagnation. I would eventually get bored if I had no chaos to put in order.

And I can be persuaded to change my mind about a decision in the face of new information. The point is that every P has a J, and vice-versa. So it's not that you need a J so much as that you already have one in yourself that seems to be calling out for your attention.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    One of my favorite shows to watch is called Clean House. It's about a person or family who have ridiculously cluttered homes. So this team swoop in and organize them...
    Do you think if I contact them, they'll come and do MY house??!!

thoughts?

discussions?

ideas?

thanks
    I think you're normal in that peaceful and ordered surroundings are pleasant to the human soul, I think.

I have difficulty keeping my home neat - for other reasons. I have to get psyched up and inspired to go on a cleaning spree.

My sister is an INFP. She is searching for a theme for her garden in the spring that will inspire her and give her vision. Once she has a theme - for instance, a fairy garden - then it's all a matter of planting her garden and filling it with decorations of fairies, and making it a make-believe fairy playground.

Since you're an NFP, maybe that would help you, too. Maybe you've even done something like that before without realizing that's what you were doing, or that it's a NEED in order to accomplish what you want.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I noticed that your capitalization and punctuation have been getting better recently. You did well on that post.

So here I am reading and drinking my coffee and taking mental notes as I go through, knowing I will come back, and lo and behold I stumble on this gem

I um, well I um, honestly had no idea that this really mattered to anyone. *giggles* I really do not pay attention to what I am doing when I type I just type. Sorry if this has bothered you. Apparently, or so I have been told, my mood directly affects my posts. The more angry I am the worse the run on sentences and errors. You see I type how I talk. You will all know what is happening in my life by paying attention, such as Athenian has done, to the small lack of details in my posts
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    TiSe

Well I guess if we all stop the generalities of typing by referring to dichotomies, then we will began to get the gist of type. We do not use P, we use N or S to extravert, ergo we use a judging function (Ti or Fi) to introvert, which balances out. All types that prefer introverted judging needs and usually has internal order and organization. It's simply hard to organize our outer worlds sometimes, but we can, and do, do it similar to those preferring perceiving introverted functions and judging extraverted functions may seem to have it all together, but (especially the introverted types) internally they know that they're a mess. This may or may not show one way or another for introverted types. I think you hit the nail on the head with your very first sentence. You simply lack discipline. For us to excuse that as preferring a perceiving function to extravert is simply an excuse.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Well I guess if we all stop the generalities of typing by referring to dichotomies, then we will began to get the gist of type. We do not use P, we use N or S to extravert, ergo we use a judging function (Ti or Fi) to introvert, which balances out. All types that prefer introverted judging needs and usually has internal order and organization. It's simply hard to organize our outer worlds sometimes, but we can, and do, do it similar to those preferring perceiving introverted functions and judging extraverted functions may seem to have it all together, but (especially the introverted types) internally they know that they're a mess. This may or may not show one way or another for introverted types. I think you hit the nail on the head with your very first sentence. You simply lack discipline. For us to excuse that as preferring a perceiving function to extravert is simply an excuse.
    Which types are the types that prefer introverted judging?