Thread: J & P

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Which types are the types that prefer introverted judging?
    Those who have Ti or Si as their dominant function so ISTP, INTP, ISTJ, ISFJ.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Well I guess if we all stop the generalities of typing by referring to dichotomies, then we will began to get the gist of type. We do not use P, we use N or S to extravert, ergo we use a judging function (Ti or Fi) to introvert, which balances out. All types that prefer introverted judging needs and usually has internal order and organization. It's simply hard to organize our outer worlds sometimes, but we can, and do, do it similar to those preferring perceiving introverted functions and judging extraverted functions may seem to have it all together, but (especially the introverted types) internally they know that they're a mess. This may or may not show one way or another for introverted types. I think you hit the nail on the head with your very first sentence. You simply lack discipline. For us to excuse that as preferring a perceiving function to extravert is simply an excuse.
    Thats how I am my room is a total mess but I'm always rearanging and reordering my thoughts in my head. I find it easier to organize my mind then my room. So to the outer world I look like a total mess, but if you could see inside my head, you'd see I was actually very put together.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Which types are the types that prefer introverted judging?
    Judging types are T-F and perceiving types S-N, regardless of attitude (E-I). Therefore anyone prefering Fi or Ti as their dominant or auxilary to answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    Those who have Ti or Si as their dominant function so ISTP, INTP, ISTJ, ISFJ.
    What unholy alliances are you speaking of? Si is a perceiving function, silly. The Introverted Judging functions are Ti and Fi, thus all IxxP types have this preference.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Judging types are T-F and perceiving types S-N, regardless of attitude (E-I). Therefore anyone prefering Fi or Ti as their dominant or auxilary to answer your question.
    Does anyone know a good trick for memorizing that?

MBTI
    INFJ

Judging - how do you make decisions? By using Thinking or Feeling?

Perceiving - how do you take in information? By using Sensing or Intuition?

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

My P/J is more borderline than most, so depending on perspective my comments have more or less value in this discussion, but heres how I relate to the stereotypes the P/J divide.

I think the more defining element and the one that most relates to being "P" is that I like keeping options open and don't like being pressured to make decisions on a basis of time, or feeling like I can't explore new and interesting options if they show up in the course of an activity (P). I do usually feel a lot better once I have made and followed through on an important decisions (J), but its very important to me that I only do so when I feel I've made that decision under my own terms with enough introspection and/or conversations with others to have comfort that I am making the decision thats right for me at the time. (P)

Its quite easy and natural for me to organize and plan things. (J)

Its a LOT harder for me to actually stick to those plans unless I have something meaningful to motivate me to do so (I'm not sticking to something because I planned it out, but instead because the end goal has meaning to my Fi) (FP)

Once I've decided that I need/should to do something to remain congruent with my values (that would involve organization or a routine of some kind) , I look at my daily schedule and figure out how much time I want to devote to it and find a place in my schedule to work on it. (J)

At first, its a matter of willpower to get myself to do this and I have to keep reminding myself WHY I'm doing this, but after a couple weeks or months of the activity (depending on if its something daily or weekly) it eventually becomes routine and I just do it without giving it much thought

While I am in the early stages of adjusting to the new schedule/activity, I experiment with it and tweak things like how much time I spend on it and also look for ways (if possible) to give it some variety in specific implementation while still sticking to the rough schedule and goals.

-- As an example, last spring, I decided I needed to take a more active role in improving my health, and one of the things I decided would be beneficial was taking walks on a regular basis. I allocated "time after work" but did not specify a value in that scheduling. I started out with a ~20 min walk through a nearby park to catch the bus at a different location. At first it took a bit of getting used to and I had to keep reminding myself that it was for my own long term good that I was doing it. Gradually, I experimented with new and longer routes, and eventually worked my way up to taking a ~115 minute walk on Mondays and Fridays (the time to walk from work to home along a relatively scenic path) with a ~20 min walk on Tue, Wed, Thu and was able to stick to that routine (and look at it as time to relax and enjoy the walk instead of looking at as something I was forcing myself to do) for several months until winter arrived and slippery weather conditions made it impractical to continue with it. I plan to resume that activity in the spring when walking conditions improve, and it will be an interesting test to me to see if I can jump back into that routine after a season or so of not doing it, or if I will need to willpower myself back into doing it.

I have a fairly high tolerance for clutter and my home and office have lots of scattered stacks of stuff that build up until they bother me. (P)

But, the seemingly chaotic stacks of stuff are organized by what they contain and stored in the locations that would make them available where I am most likely to need them (J)

I find it a lot easier to be routine and organized in a work environment than I do at home, but I think thats part of it being expected in a work environment. Its worth noting that I think I was happier when I was in a work environment that offered more flexible alternative scheduling options even when I rarely made use of them (just knowing that I'm not boxed in I think is what gives me a greater degree of comfort in a situation).

I may or may not think like other Ps in these regards, but to any Ps looking to add structure/routine and order to your life, I would highly recommend looking for ways you can do it while still leaving your options open and I think you may find it offers the benefits of structure without making you feel too trapped into a specific plan. Basically, very rough planning, alocating time at an aproximate rather than specific time and structuring it so that you have a buffer of time to experiment with and don't feel like you have to do things the same way every time.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    Judging - how do you make decisions? By using Thinking or Feeling?

Perceiving - how do you take in information? By using Sensing or Intuition?

Jae Rae
    That might work.
    But how do I remember the rest?
    How do I know if it's I or E? As in Ti, Se, etc.?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    What unholy alliances are you speaking of? Si is a perceiving function, silly. The Introverted Judging functions are Ti and Fi, thus all IxxP types have this preference.
    Oh well, I was only looking for INTJmom's question and trying to answer it.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Thats how I am my room is a total mess but I'm always rearanging and reordering my thoughts in my head. I find it easier to organize my mind then my room. So to the outer world I look like a total mess, but if you could see inside my head, you'd see I was actually very put together.
    This discussion was raised before in the J/P Myth thread. J/P has no bearing on cleanliness.