123 Last

Thread: Emotional T's?

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Default Emotional T's?

Are these common? I'm very logical and practical and all that. I choose to act based on what makes sense rather than how I feel and I prefer to be objective. But I still have quite a lot of emotional depth and am easily capable of strong emotions, both positive and negative.

MBTI
    INTJ

Yes.

Especially TJs. Their Fi can make them very moody creatures. They probably don't realize that they're being emotionally affected in situations either. So they are unable to check it when it happens.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    Are these common? I'm very logical and practical and all that. I choose to act based on what makes sense rather than how I feel and I prefer to be objective. But I still have quite a lot of emotional depth and am easily capable of strong emotions, both positive and negative.
    Sure, they can be. Emotions aren't functions, but how you respond to those emotions is effected by functions. TPs, with low grade Fe, can sometimes seem excessive emotional, or even out of control. The Fi in TJs is less visible, but it is still there.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

EMOTIONS SUCK!!! Objectivly.

T's are human but we prefer rationale for decision-making. I use rationale instead of objective logic, since truth is subjective relativity.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Sure, they can be. Emotions aren't functions, but how you respond to those emotions is effected by functions. TPs, with low grade Fe, can sometimes seem excessive emotional, or even out of control. The Fi in TJs is less visible, but it is still there.
    Exactly, we are not robots as thinkers it just mean that our focus on how we deal with things in the end will more likely be from a impersonal view as opposed to feelers that take an personalized view. That dont mean we are not influenced by emotions, even when its from an impersonal perspective.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

my INTP brother and dad can get quite emotional, though sometimes they don't realize the extent to which they put that emotion into the environment. i find it curious that they emote negative emotions more than positive, as i do not believe they themselves experience vastly more negative emotions than positive.

and like slowriot voiced, they are similar in that their emotions seem to not change their personal decisions as much as it does for feelers, especially Fi, because we tend to associate emotion and value (note - "emotion" being way more complex than "rawr angry" and "wahh sad". lol )

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    Yes, same here. T's don't feel any more or less than F's. The T/F preference centers around how you like to make decisions. Do you prefer to decide on logical, objective criteria (T) or decide based on feelings and values? (F).
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Exactly, we are not robots as thinkers it just mean that our focus on how we deal with things in the end will more likely be from a impersonal view as opposed to feelers that take an personalized view. That dont mean we are not influenced by emotions, even when its from an impersonal perspective.
    That's the best way to put it. Because there are a lot of Ts who will put their family first, for example, over anything and everything else.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    That's the best way to put it. Because there are a lot of Ts who will put their family first, for example, over anything and everything else.
    Not me. But I'm more that way with my friends I suppose.