• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotional T's?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A-fucking-men I don't think it's controversial to say that the F and T divide is probably the biggest in MBTI and probably the one that causes the most misunderstandings. TO be fair, I do believe that there are T's that are fairly stoic and unemotional. ISTP's and INTJ's come to mind.
I actually disagree about INTJs. INTJs (that I've observed) are easily the most emotionally charged of all T types, but they hide it very well. For a good showcase of how that works out in practice, see Light Yagami from Death Note.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually disagree about INTJs. INTJs (that I've observed) are easily the most emotionally charged of all T types, but they hide it very well. For a good showcase of how that works out in practice, see Light Yagami from Death Note.

Quoted for tr00th. :cheese:

Tis in from my INTJ best friend (she's talking about me here):

One of my best friends is INTP. We get along famously. We differ on the J-P, obviously, and she's a lot more placid (internally. Externally, I'm also very placid) emotionally. I'm definitely melancholic-choleric, while she could be melancholic-phlegmatic. I make value judgments and criticize things much more than she does, and sometimes we disagree because of that.

Lark

Are these common? I'm very logical and practical and all that. I choose to act based on what makes sense rather than how I feel and I prefer to be objective. But I still have quite a lot of emotional depth and am easily capable of strong emotions, both positive and negative.

I think that's fair enough and its a good idea to want to achieve a degree of self-mastery including controlling emotional reactions but I think that logic can be over rated, so much so that people forget that humans are rationalising rather than rationalist animals.

Even when people believe they are being totally logical its not too difficult to discover that there is an emotional dimension, often one denied but overwhelmingly important.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INTJs just know how to tickle ones fancy and embedded proper emotional management strategies into their masterplan :D

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3

I remember a thread here on typeC, asking about NT's and emotions. Pretty much all ENTJ's get often quite commonly lol but when it comes to INTJ's, there's a big divide. Some people claim that they've never experienced anger before, they just get annoyed, others claim that they are fiery. Can't remember what the thread's called though. I wondered if the more extroverted I's were the angry ones.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Some people claim that they've never experienced anger before , they just get annoyed

HAHAHA THAT WAS SO FUNNY.

Although I just checked and there are 11,022 registered users, meaning that one of them is about 0.009% of the entire amount.
That's a yay for psychopaths and all kinds of freakshows.