First 12345 Last

Thread: Emotional T's?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I'm a very emotionally charged Thinker. Feeling isn't so much about emotions themselves, but ethics -- and your ability to handle emotions properly. People with weak introverted Feeling in general have trouble keeping a firm grasp of what they really feel, and what they want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    I think I'm very emotional at times and have even considered the possibility of being an INFJ on several occasions. But all the pieces fit for me as a INTJ therefore I've stopped questioning that. What the problem is for me is that I can never express how I feel to anybody. The only times I've actually opened up and basically screamed out what the problem was, I was on some kind of drug.

This is also the my main explanation on why I seek emotional music and art. Because they show me something I couldn't express in a thousand years on my own.

Nice.

I do this myself. Music lyrics really help me figure out what's going on inside myself emotionally.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I'm a very emotionally charged Thinker. Feeling isn't so much about emotions themselves, but ethics -- and your ability to handle emotions properly. People with weak introverted Feeling in general have trouble keeping a firm grasp of what they really feel, and what they want.
    For once I agree with you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Within
    What the problem is for me is that I can never express how I feel to anybody.
    yeah man. Fi is complicated.

making the analogy between Fi and Ti makes it so much easier for me to understand why NTPs make sense to themselves yet usually don't make sense when they talk about their logic to me. i'm sure to them i must sound the same way O_o;

An ESTP I knew was quite emotional and didn't have much of a problem showing her emotions. She would probably be mistaken as an F to many people because of that, but she was definitely a logical thinker.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Random Ness View Post
    An ESTP I knew was quite emotional and didn't have much of a problem showing her emotions. She would probably be mistaken as an F to many people because of that, but she was definitely a logical thinker.
    A good friend of mine is an ESTP with a history of mild depression in his family. In this sense I guess it did help him develop and F side, he knows his emotions quite well.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    IXFJ

Most of the time, I'm pretty controlled and calm, but when I get under stress and can't release or express it, that's when my emotions get out of check. A few times I have just completely reached my breaking point, and then I'm just a complete wreck for a week or so :/

So in other words, yes, T's can be pretty emotional at times.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I really wish 'feeling' and 'thinking' in mbti would have been exchanged for more appropriate words from the very beginning. It's caused so many misconceptions. I have always thought 'ethical' and 'logical' would have made more sense...although those words would also carry some kind of face value misconceptions to people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    I really wish 'feeling' and 'thinking' in mbti would have been exchanged for more appropriate words from the very beginning. It's caused so many misconceptions. I have always thought 'ethical' and 'logical' would have made more sense...although those words would also carry some kind of face value misconceptions to people.
    Totally.

The implication is that Ts aren't emotional - and they very much can be, and the most fucking infuriating part about it is that they think since they are Ts, they aren't being emotional.

It's like...yeah...if you're always going off about things, or are excessively bitter and cranky...you're still being emotional. I know a couple of people on here that I interact with quite regularly who seem oblivious to their own emotional behavior.

Which does make me wonder if Ts are less likely to realize they're being emotional, or maybe even are embarrassed of their emotions. T doesn't mean unemotional, but it can imply a certain discomfort with feelings.

I know a lot of times when I post on here I'm not being emotional, I'm being tongue-in-cheek or exaggerating or even being ridiculous and funny and people think I'm being "emotional" because I'm an NF. It makes me wonder if I changed my user name and type if certain people would begin to read the tone of my posts differently.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Is that cat making out with that model?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so