User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Emotional T's?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    my INTP brother and dad can get quite emotional, though sometimes they don't realize the extent to which they put that emotion into the environment. i find it curious that they emote negative emotions more than positive, as i do not believe they themselves experience vastly more negative emotions than positive.
    It might be because they generally don't show their emotions so much, or are not so fluent in communicating via emotions, you are more likely to see the emotions that they can't control, i.e. negative ones.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    Not me. But I'm more that way with my friends I suppose.
    yes, and? Isnt it the same responses you have? Or am I not understanding what you mean? Can you give some insight please?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbah View Post
    It might be because they generally don't show their emotions so much, or are not so fluent in communicating via emotions, you are more likely to see the emotions that they can't control, i.e. negative ones.
    Exactly!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

huh! that makes sense.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Well obviously Ts are capable of feeling and expressing emotions. I don't know any Ts, however, that I would even think of calling emotional in the colloquial sense.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

you are more likely to see the emotions that they can't control, i.e. negative ones.
    I'll have to challenge this observation. Anger can be controlled but has its uses.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    yes, and? Isnt it the same responses you have? Or am I not understanding what you mean? Can you give some insight please?
    I don't know quite what you are confused about here, but they said that we sometimes put our families way ahead of everything else and I said that I did not, but then I realised that while I do not place an enormous amount of importance on my family, I do on my friends.

Banned

I think I'm very emotional at times and have even considered the possibility of being an INFJ on several occasions. But all the pieces fit for me as a INTJ therefore I've stopped questioning that. What the problem is for me is that I can never express how I feel to anybody. The only times I've actually opened up and basically screamed out what the problem was, I was on some kind of drug.

This is also the my main explanation on why I seek emotional music and art. Because they show me something I couldn't express in a thousand years on my own.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    I'll have to challenge this observation. Anger can be controlled but has its uses.
    Sure, it depends on the person. Every person will find it more difficult to hide certain emotions than others, including positive ones, like happiness. Some people don't like to show when they are happy but then suddenly something makes them happy and they can't help showing it and feel embarrassed. Same goes for anger for another person, etc.
    the shoheen ho of the wind of the west and the lulla lo of the soft sea billow - Alfred Graves

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    This is also the my main explanation on why I seek emotional music and art. Because they show me something I couldn't express in a thousand years on my own.
    I can relate to this. I like very much very emotionally direct art. I don't enjoy abstractions so much unless I feel I have connected to a heart within it.

I agree, emotions arent functions but people will be challenged or helped by them depending upon what their dominant cognitive functions are. Emoting is confused with emotional depth quite a bit in our feelerish culture too