User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Ni-Fi Loops

  1. #11
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,889

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  2. #12
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think the loops occur with your dominant and tertiary. So for an ENFP, it would be an Ne-Te loop?
    of course, primarily. and can i ever tell you about running away with a Ne-Te theory. but no reason why other loops shouldn't take place too - we should theoretically each have one primary loop, extraverted for Es and introverted for Is, and then one secondary - introverted for Es and extraverted for Is.

    like INTP - Ti-Si and Ne-Fe, etc.

  3. #13
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,889

    Default

    This description seems like a narrow or extreme description of the loop.

    "ISFP/INTJ: Fi/Ni or Ni/Fi--Paranoid Personality Disorder. These types are your typical conspiracy theorists; they cling deeply to their personal values and can find a conspiracy to assault or attack those values everywhere they look. Chronically distrustful of others' intentions for no legitimate reason, these types are certain they are the only ones who really know "the truth." The inferior function, Te or Se, can sometimes lead to an unconscious desire to attract the attention of or lead/organize others in efforts to expose the nefarious conspiracies they invariably see everywhere. If Te/Se were doing its job, these types would be able to look around them and observe empirical evidence that most of their theories are probably not reflected in reality, but as they rely almost entirely on internal validation, Ni will go to any lengths to justify Fi's emotion-based suspicions. (I mentioned Dale Gribble from King of the Hill in a previous article--he's a perfect example.) "

    From Sim's posting on PersonalityCafe in the above link.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    of course, primarily. and can i ever tell you about running away with a Ne-Te theory. but no reason why other loops shouldn't take place too - we should theoretically each have one primary loop, extraverted for Es and introverted for Is, and then one secondary - introverted for Es and extraverted for Is.

    like INTP - Ti-Si and Ne-Fe, etc.
    Because the dominant function always leads. The relief and support functions switch. You rarely use your other functions.

  5. #15
    ⒺⓉⒷ Eric B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Does anyone experience these Ni Fi loops as pessimism. I get the impression that Ni is full of pessimism by nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    1. I don't understand what "loops" are. Can anyone direct me to an elaboration?
    Basically, what is also known as one's itroverted or extraverted "face"; a tandem of the two functions sharing the same attitude, rather than the dom/aux. or dom/inferior. Myers-Briggs Personality Types Development Dynamics: Myers, Briggs & Carl Jung

    I believe this extends to the shadows as well, so I can certainly attest to an Ni-Fi loop, and it usually is quite negative (extremely pessimistic) for me.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

    Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Basically, what is also known as one's itroverted or extraverted "face"; a tandem of the two functions sharing the same attitude, rather than the dom/aux. or dom/inferior. Myers-Briggs Personality Types Development Dynamics: Myers, Briggs & Carl Jung

    I believe this extends to the shadows as well, so I can certainly attest to an Ni-Fi loop, and it usually is quite negative (extremely pessimistic) for me.
    Being Ni I live in pessimism quite a bit. It is heavily tied to Se as well and pulling in what is in front of us. I can recognize this and relate to INTJs. They tend to express their pessimism more then me, I just keep pushing forward supressing the Fi portion. When Fi wins out is when they get stuck in an Ni-Fi loop. You just gotta keep pushing forward at these times.

    edit: I dont use Fi for energy though so its not that hard for me to push back Fi.
    Im out, its been fun

  7. #17
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Because the dominant function always leads. The relief and support functions switch. You rarely use your other functions.
    eh, i disagree. i think we use all the functions.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    eh, i disagree. i think we use all the functions.
    I guess you missed 'rarely'? Of course that isn't an adequate description for something that is firing but in a far lower level than the other functions. But it is less preferred by definition of MBTI being a system based upon cognitive preference.

    The reason the primary<->tertiary loop should be apparent to the user is precisely because of cognitive preference.

  9. #19
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I guess you missed 'rarely'? Of course that isn't an adequate description for something that is firing but in a far lower level than the other functions. But it is less preferred by definition of MBTI being a system based upon cognitive preference.

    The reason the primary<->tertiary loop should be apparent to the user is precisely because of cognitive preference.
    ah, okay. i totally agree with you on this.

    i did not miss rarely, but it did sound like you were implying we only use the rest of our functions sometimes, instead of them running all together but some at much lower levels than others.

    and yeah, the dom-tert loop is definitely more obvious, but i would still suspect that we can get caught in any kind of loop - probably not a 6-8 loop, of course, but if there's an environment that in particular stimulates other functions, or if we're ignoring either our introverted or extraverted functions for whatever reason, i think it's easy enough for the aux-inf loop to emerge, and quite possibly others as well.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    of course, primarily. and can i ever tell you about running away with a Ne-Te theory. but no reason why other loops shouldn't take place too - we should theoretically each have one primary loop, extraverted for Es and introverted for Is, and then one secondary - introverted for Es and extraverted for Is.

    like INTP - Ti-Si and Ne-Fe, etc.
    from what i know loop theory is based on "person will try to avoid less prefered orientation", so as an E, you fall in Ne-Te loop. BUT what if your Introversion is still more prefered than, ex. [extraverted] thinking? why not Fi-Si loop then instead of Ne-Te...
    just another alternative

Similar Threads

  1. Fi-Ni and Ni-Fi loops
    By labyrinthine in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-02-2017, 08:15 PM
  2. INFP ... or INTJ stuck in Ni-Fi loop?
    By scatterbrain in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2016, 04:59 AM
  3. [INTJ] An INTJ I know is in an Ni-Fi loop--can I help?
    By SubtleFighter in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 01:48 PM
  4. INTJ or ISFP? (Ni-Fi or Fi-Ni looping)
    By Nicki in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 02:49 PM
  5. [INTJ] INTJ and Ni/Fi loop
    By Malcontent in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 08:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO