User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: A question

MBTI
    iNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default A question

So I've been reading all around the internet that ENFPs are considered the "introverted extroverts."

If that's true, then which type is the "extroverted introvert?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

ISxPs, maybe. They talk about liking external stimulation and activity and novelty , which contradicts some descriptions of what it means to be an introvert.

"The introverted extroverts" description of ENFPs (I'd apply it to ENTPs too) seems a little odd to me, since plenty of them are quite loud and gregarious. It seems there is still something about introversion that they identify with.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

haha yeah i know a pretty extraverted ISTP. but not really people extraverted, just activity extraverted.

ENFPs need a good chuck on quiet time on average - ENFJ too. but then we're also Fi, which tends to push for defiance of social norms. needing quiet time + randomly going into Ne theorizing and spacing out + sometimes swimming against the societal current = feels like introversion. and we're generally more interested in ideas (Ne) than people (Fe).

i hear ENTPs can feel similar, but their tert Fe usually makes up for it.

MBTI
    iNfp
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp

I dunno, but ISTs never seem to shut up, in my experience, and that makes them seem like extraverts.
    "You get what you're given, it's all how you use it."
    Pink - "God is a DJ"

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by rowingineden View Post
    I dunno, but ISTs never seem to shut up, in my experience, and that makes them seem like extraverts.
    ISTP or ISTJ. Because I, and many ISTJs I know of are very silent people.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    iNfp
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    ISTP or ISTJ. Because I, and many ISTJs I know of are very silent people.
    ISTs - both ISTJs and ISTPs.

My (ISTJ) dad sure isn't silent. He's got like this ridiculous encyclopedic recall of everything in the world, and he has to give you the entire article on every subject you bring up. I only ever asked him for homework help when I was REALLY desperate - I didn't even ever have time to engage him in conversation, because he would never be done talking!

My ISTP friends will go on forever about really specific interests which no one else shares.

I love them, but... wow.
    "You get what you're given, it's all how you use it."
    Pink - "God is a DJ"

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I know a couple of ISFJs who could pass as extraverts. Under the right circumstances they can be quite talkative and take on the role of being a social facilitator if no one else wants to.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by rowingineden View Post
    ISTs - both ISTJs and ISTPs.

My (ISTJ) dad sure isn't silent. He's got like this ridiculous encyclopedic recall of everything in the world, and he has to give you the entire article on every subject you bring up. I only ever asked him for homework help when I was REALLY desperate - I didn't even ever have time to engage him in conversation, because he would never be done talking!
    hahah that sounds like my INTP dad!

once you get him on a subject, he will tell you EVERYTHING. and them some. and then some more. which is really great sometimes but gets overwhelming too.

he's still kind of Iish in his manner though. he doesn't just strike up conversations with strangers like my mom (ESFJ) will, just for fun or when she thinks they can help her out. he'd rather go about things on his own. he mostly only strikes up conversations with people he's interested in for a specific reason and wants to talk with them on a specific subject.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I think the whole "introverted extravert" thing has been a bit exaggerated. It probably stems from some distorted notions of extraverted behavior. Like extraversion might be associated with Se, Te and Fe, so in comparison, Ne seems different. (Hence, yes; ISP's might seem to be the "extraverted introverts).

Ne dominants are all Get Things Going in Interaction Style, and the outward focus does generally draw them to approach people, like other dominant extraverted functions do. It also makes them "informative", and having a "light and airyness" about them on the positive side of their personality. These are the classic "extroverted" and "Sanguine" traits.

It's true that some may have focused a bit too much on "outgoing and gregarious" as definitions of extraversion, but that doesn't mean that there isn't some truth to those descriptions, and that they should be totally discarded. Any type can act withdrawn at times for whatever reason, but Ne dominants do seem to be usually outgoing, at least in their own ways.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

There's a topic that talks about the most introverted E and vice versa. I agree with the observation of most people there

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...introvert.html
    In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

9w8 so/sx/sp

--Deviantart--