User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Default Type and excitability?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone have any input on what type (or dominant function) is the most excitable? And by that I mean most likely to get too emotionally or mentally involved in stuff, too enthusiatic (or the opposite - to negative), most liable to suffer from burnout, most likely to adopt an "all or nothing" attitude, getting too engaged or too disengaged?

I would really like an answer to this so if anyone can help please do

EFP and EFJ probably.

EFP probably less, since their enthusiasm is based more around things/events/ideas.. Fe is specifically "people invested", and could be more unpredictable/leading to burnout.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    EFP and EFJ probably.

EFP probably less, since their enthusiasm is based more around things/events/ideas.. Fe is specifically "people invested", and could be more unpredictable/leading to burnout.
    I concur with Professor K-Dude!

I know several ExFPs and ExFJs in real life and all are "excitable" in their own way.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISTP

Thanks!
    Among the introverted types, what type would is most likely to get overwhelmed, obsessed, overly invested, and feel emotionally and mentally "fried out" afterwards?

Smile OE

Quote Originally Posted by energystar View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone have any input on what type (or dominant function) is the most excitable? And by that I mean most likely to get too emotionally or mentally involved in stuff, too enthusiatic (or the opposite - to negative), most liable to suffer from burnout, most likely to adopt an "all or nothing" attitude, getting too engaged or too disengaged?

I would really like an answer to this so if anyone can help please do
    I am told I am OE (over excitable). However I prefer to say I have a high response to stimulae. OE is unusual and I have tried to speak with others with OE on the internet and ended up here.

For me, being highly excitable is normal. I am highly excitable by reading, by looking at and making art, by ideas and putting them into practice, by social interaction, and simply by waking up in the morning.

I would like to think of it as a gift. And so it is a gift I need to treasure and develop.

When I find someone else with high excitability, we flow together like water.

One advantage is that I can concentrate for long periods on something I like. I can enter into the flow where time disappears, even I disappear for a while.

Flow I find is deeply relaxing and refreshing and validating.

Probably the most important thing is that I need to look after myself.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Dude, seriously, I'm probably the most effervescent person on this whole entire forum.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I am told I am OE (over excitable). However I prefer to say I have a high response to stimulae. OE is unusual and I have tried to speak with others with OE on the internet and ended up here.

For me, being highly excitable is normal. I am highly excitable by reading, by looking at and making art, by ideas and putting them into practice, by social interaction, and simply by waking up in the morning.

I would like to think of it as a gift. And so it is a gift I need to treasure and develop.

When I find someone else with high excitability, we flow together like water.

One advantage is that I can concentrate for long periods on something I like. I can enter into the flow where time disappears, even I disappear for a while.

Flow I find is deeply relaxing and refreshing and validating.

Probably the most important thing is that I need to look after myself.
    Thank you for your response.
    One question though, do you tend to feel mentally and/or emotionally fried out after experiencing hight excitability? Like all your emotional and/or mental synapses have been burned out?

I think it depends what kind of environmental stimulation an introvert is dealing with. A N could get tired of S activities.. or not. An S could get bored with N. Personally, Fe types could hug me all day, make me dinner, throw a party, be interested in me, cheer me up about whatever I'm going through, and I'd be happy.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by energystar View Post
    Thank you for your response.
    One question though, do you tend to feel mentally and/or emotionally fried out after experiencing hight excitability? Like all your emotional and/or mental synapses have been burned out?
    It's like interval training where I have a burst of energy followed by a recovery period. The recovery period is very important for that is where the body and mind integrate the burst of energy.

However after a recovery period I feel refreshed and relaxed and ready for the next burst of energy.

I take it though you do feel mentally and emotionally fried out after a period of high excitability. And you sound a bit worried by this.

MBTI
    ISTP

Okay, I think the type I am trying to pinpoint is someone who tends to get overly excited and invested in whatever project captures their interest and who experience a rush of energy from it, but its a mock kind of energy because it always leaves the person feeling feeling really "fried out" both emotionally and mentally?

I would think ExFP and ExFJ would cope better with excitability and not end up feeling fatigued afterwards? Or am I wrong?