User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    It's like interval training where I have a burst of energy followed by a recovery period. The recovery period is very important for that is where the body and mind integrate the burst of energy.

However after a recovery period I feel refreshed and relaxed and ready for the next burst of energy.

I take it though you do feel mentally and emotionally fried out after a period of high excitability. And you sound a bit worried by this.
    Well yes.
    I have always had a somewhat obsessive quality - I get superinvested in projects, especially creative or mental ones, and that spurs me on, but its like I get "supercharged" and go beyond my actual limits, I can think of nothing else and it always leaves me feeling burned out and both mentally and emotionally.

I dont mind being enthusiastic about a project but I so easily get too entusiastic and then my thinking goes in to highspeed typically resulting in hasty decisions, taking on too much, overextending myself, overly optimistic about how fast I will be able to work etc.

I am pretty sure I am an introvert though - any thoughts on what kind?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by energystar View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone have any input on what type (or dominant function) is the most excitable? And by that I mean most likely to get too emotionally or mentally involved in stuff, too enthusiatic (or the opposite - to negative), most liable to suffer from burnout, most likely to adopt an "all or nothing" attitude, getting too engaged or too disengaged?

I would really like an answer to this so if anyone can help please do
    agree with whoever said it depends on what kind of stimulus we're talking about. i can handle bundles and bundles of ideas, but not bundles and bundles of people. i mean i like having them around, but i really can't be interacting with them past a certain point. i just get really cranky. whereas my ESFJ mom can put up with people even when she's really exhausted, but doesn't really care to hear my crazy ass theories. lol.

and also, i think that certain people are just more energetic than others. i know a kind of hyper INTP and a more low-energy ENFJ, both of which would supposedly go against their type generalizations.

Okay, I think the type I am trying to pinpoint is someone who tends to get overly excited and invested in whatever project captures their interest and who experience a rush of energy from it, but its a mock kind of energy because it always leaves the person feeling feeling really "fried out" both emotionally and mentally?

I would think ExFP and ExFJ would cope better with excitability and not end up feeling fatigued afterwards? Or am I wrong?
    again, depends on the kind of project, but i'd go with xxxP tends to jump in, overdo it, and accidentally fry ourselves. it's Ne and Se, which thrive off of in-the-moment action/connection, whereas Fe and Te give xxxJ more direction to their extraversion. Ne and Se never reach a point where it's better to stop, so it's easy to push ourselves overboard, imo. and then the "fried out" feeling comes from Fi or Ti desperately needing to catch up with Ne or Se. Js tend to be better at pacing themselves and working steadily and evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by energystar
    Well yes.
    I have always had a somewhat obsessive quality - I get superinvested in projects, especially creative or mental ones, and that spurs me on, but its like I get "supercharged" and go beyond my actual limits, I can think of nothing else and it always leaves me feeling burned out and both mentally and emotionally.

I dont mind being enthusiastic about a project but I so easily get too entusiastic and then my thinking goes in to highspeed typically resulting in hasty decisions, taking on too much, overextending myself, overly optimistic about how fast I will be able to work etc.

I am pretty sure I am an introvert though - any thoughts on what kind?
    IxxP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    but i'd go with xxxP tends to jump in, overdo it, and accidentally fry ourselves.
    This happened to me yesterday after I got almost no sleep the night before I had to finish my final exam project and spent over time at school rushing to finish it up at the last minute(which I did). After I was so sleepy(and still am).
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone have any input on what type (or dominant function) is the most excitable? And by that I mean most likely to get too emotionally or mentally involved in stuff, too enthusiatic (or the opposite - to negative), most liable to suffer from burnout, most likely to adopt an "all or nothing" attitude, getting too engaged or too disengaged?

I would really like an answer to this so if anyone can help please do
    I think all types and functions are prone to this behavior. I think one can overdo their dominant function and its problematic when the auxilary is not developed enough to help balance out the dominant.

I'd associate burnout or "all or nothing" attitude largely with the inferior function.

I think extraverted types, particularly dominant Fe or Ne are going to appear more outwardly 'excitable' but I think all types are equally likely to overdo functions.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

apparent excitability will be most tangible amongst the Fe types

Fi types is an internal spring or river running underground
    you won't notice through cheers and jeers, but through the little things
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, I think the type I am trying to pinpoint is someone who tends to get overly excited and invested in whatever project captures their interest and who experience a rush of energy from it, but its a mock kind of energy because it always leaves the person feeling feeling really "fried out" both emotionally and mentally?

I would think ExFP and ExFJ would cope better with excitability and not end up feeling fatigued afterwards? Or am I wrong?
    You are not wrong.
    Excitability in the sense Victor described it is linked to primary non-activity, that is it is found within the contour of the primary IP domain. It is accentuated with high Fi. Many INTPs have high Fi. A correlation with Enneagram 4w5 or even 5w4. In some French psychology books it is linked to the Nervous type. Historical examples: Poe, Byron.

75 percent of the impulsive types are extraverted. The Nervous type is introverted. IFP.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    You are not wrong.
    Excitability in the sense Victor described it is linked to primary non-activity, that is it is found within the contour of the primary IP domain. It is accentuated with high Fi. Many INTPs have high Fi. A correlation with Enneagram 4w5 or even 5w4. In some French psychology books it is linked to the Nervous type. Historical examples: Poe, Byron.

75 percent of the impulsive types are extraverted. The Nervous type is introverted. IFP.
    where the scally-wag are you pulling this from???
    5 3 9

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

SP = most excitable
    NF = most enthusable
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    where the scally-wag are you pulling this from???
    Your precondition is all information is pulled from a specific source.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    You are not wrong.

Yes. Introversion is a retreat from external stimulation. A little goes a long way.

OP, also see thread on HSPs (Highly Sensitive Persons). This type is most strongly correlated to INFP, iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.