• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to manipulate people via their functions.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you think our inferior Function determines our "weaknesses" and what could be an excellent source for manipulation?

(I don't know, just throwing random idea out.)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hypothetically, I think it's easier to push their dom-function buttons really, if you wanna manipulate. You can use the inferior I guess, to push their panick buttons, but the dom function is something they constantly use and feels so natural to them that they won't even notice it, I'd say.

deleted
Makes sense in Socionics. The PoLR is all the trouble and "pain", and essentially makes someone weak and easy to manipulate, if you're the one mastering it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hypothetically, I think it's easier to push their dom-function buttons really, if you wanna manipulate. You can use the inferior I guess, to push their panick buttons, but the dom function is something they constantly use and feels so natural to them that they won't even notice it, I'd say.

I'm more inclined to think this as well. People want to avoid their Inferior. They cling to their Primary. So exploit the weakness(es) of the Primary. We constantly see people with flaws in their approach to things because they focus too much on their preferred perspective and can't see around/past it.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Fear or desire..
Know what these are in a person and you can manipulate them.
I don't know if functions play any role in this.

KDude

Nobody could manipulate my Dominant. Nor the inferior. You could piss me off on that level and make me betray Fi, but that's about it. Aux, I suppose..?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol..you wish. Find out your Fi-values and you can play them like a set of drums :popc1:

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I'm more inclined to think this as well. People want to avoid their Inferior. They cling to their Primary. So exploit the weakness(es) of the Primary. We constantly see people with flaws in their approach to things because they focus too much on their preferred perspective and can't see around/past it.

I've always thought of Dominant Functions as having no "weaknesses" as people have the most control over them. I've never tried manipulating people out of their Dom, but I think it worked once where I tried to focus on a person's Inferior.

Fear or desire..
Know what these are in a person and you can manipulate them.
I don't know if functions play any role in this.

Yeah, I was thinking Inferior Functions = subconscious Fear. You can make people Fear you if you play around with their Inferior Functions.

Why are we talking about this again...?

So that we could all happily manipulate each other.

I manipulated Craft's Ti a while back and planted the seed for this thread.

Thank you? I guess...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always thought of Dominant Functions as having no "weaknesses" as people have the most control over them. I've never tried manipulating people out of their Dom, but I think it worked once where I tried to focus on a person's Inferior.

I don't manipulate them out of their Dom, I appeal to their Dom so they go to an extreme that is vulnerable because it's not shored up by other functions. IOW, lead people exactly where they want to go until they overextend... and the beauty of it is that they think it's their idea.

Well-rounded people are far less likely to fall for an appeal to the Dom. They've learned to balance.

Trying to get people into the Inferior is a direct assault and has to overcome their Dom, which can be difficult; appealing to their Dom is like using their strength against them.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have an ENTJ colleague. He's a team leader as well but I have seniority. One time, we're both on duty and since I have seniority, I was the one to take charge. That meant navigating to a place, organizing people and setting up appointments to meet up.

He's seen me work before. He knows that compared to him, I suck at the organizing part. But I manage nonetheless. He likes me, so he deliberately took a backseat to let me do my job. He also considers it cute to watch me work, and I sooo didn't feel like being flustered all day coz he's constantly smirking at and looking at me like I'm a cute puppy.

I also was running low on energy that day, and although I appreciated his respectful gesture, really am quite happy to delegate stuff. He was not having any of it, and deliberately stayed out of the organisation. I went..'Fine, we'll see how long it takes you to take over :whistling: :devil:'

I took out one of the schematics, asked an INTJ colleague what he thought I should do and within two minutes the ENTJ was in there discussing with the INTJ what the best course of action was. I meanwhile sat back and ate my apple. At the end of it, I went: 'So, what's the plan?' He proceeded to explain what the most logical plan was. I smirked, he turned red.

And that's how you manipulate a Te-dom :devil:

gromit

likes this
elephants1.jpg

STOP MANIPULATING ME GUYSSSSSSSSS

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, I was thinking Inferior Functions = subconscious Fear. You can make people Fear you if you play around with their Inferior Functions.

I was thinking more along the lines of not making them fear you, per se.
But rather if you know what someone fears or desires you can play with that. The fears or desires already exist.
For example you know someone wants a promotion and fears being demoted or fired.
You know your partner desires commitment and fears abandonment.
Or even the old materialistic manipulation.. If you do what I want I will buy you (insert item here) and if you don't I will take away (insert item here).

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get more pissed off than anything when Te is over exerted onto me... not necessarily manipulated. But I can see how that would work.