First 23456 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    It is always a bad thing, in the sense that there are other ways that should be considered long before considering manipulation. Half-arsed conviction isn't what gets me out of bed.
    Disagree

It's a fun game, especially if they know you're doing it and are willing to meet your challenge

Also, manipulation also entails comforting others when they're hurt, by saying the right things, knowing exactly how to hold them and hug them and taking care of their needs at that point, in order to take away at least some of their emotional pain, which in my books is a *very* good thing.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Do you think our inferior Function determines our "weaknesses" and what could be an excellent source for manipulation?
    Why are you interested in "excellent sources for manipulation"? You're showing your own poker hand. Lol.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Disagree

It's a fun game, especially if they know you're doing it and are willing to meet your challenge

Also, manipulation also entails comforting others when they're hurt, by saying the right things, knowing exactly how to hold them and hug them and taking care of their needs at that point, in order to take away at least some of their emotional pain, which in my books is a *very* good thing.
    True manipulation isn't always bad and without it society and science would not have advanced this far (if you want to get literal). The idea that manipulation is always bad is ironic and probably comes from some dislike of emotions.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Manipulation is mostly needed when one's actual position is too weak to be convincing, then it must be artificially constructed.

If your original position is strong enough in terms of positive intentions and displaying self as you actually are, then manipulation serves no purpose except to confuse the issue.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i think there are many different ways to go about manipulation.

i also don't think manipulation is inherently bad at all. all people are subject to external influence. as long as we don't do it to intentionally harm someone else, i find it a fairly neutral thing to play at. and we can manipulate people in a way that helps them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Fear or desire..
    Know what these are in a person and you can manipulate them.
    true. and of course it's always best to play to the way a person works. there are just different things you can aim for. you can work with the content of someone's fears - or you can work with what causes the fear and how it manifests. you can go for desire, or, like satine did, go for how someone goes about achieving that desire. in that case, i think it's easiest to reframe things to suit a person's dom/aux. turn a boring office task into a creative task, and i'm all for it.

i think how to best way to go about manipulation also depends a lot and who you are, not only on who the other person is. i can't manipulate in the same way my mom does, or my best friend does (incidentally both Fe doms), but i have my own ways of going about things that are effective too.

i've discovered me and a Fe-dom make an amazing tag team. we can get - and get away with - almost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Annwn View Post
    Manipulation is mostly needed when one's actual position is too weak to be convincing, then it must be artificially constructed.

If your original position is strong enough in terms of positive intentions and displaying self as you actually are, then manipulation serves no purpose except to confuse the issue.
    Great points, and quite accurate.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Just show a little leg and BAM, they're clay in your hands!

And yes that works for both sexes .

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i think there are many different ways to go about manipulation.

i also don't think manipulation is inherently bad at all. all people are subject to external influence. as long as we don't do it to intentionally harm someone else, i find it a fairly neutral thing to play at. and we can manipulate people in a way that helps them, too.
    but if you arent straight with people/dont know the full reasoning for their actions, you might fuck up something that they had in mind. for example if someone wants to make a decision that you think is the wrong one and you manipulate them to make different decision that you think is the right one, the decision that you pick up for him might not be the right one because you dont clearly know why they wanted to make the other one. there are so many ways that people can cause problems to others using manipulation when they just want to help them with it, that i think its better to be straight about things and convince them doing things differently. that is unless the thing has something to do with you or can cause alot of misery to you.

but on the topic, personally i think the best way to manipulate someone is manipulating their perception in a way that makes them do the different decision themselves. but you really gotta know how the person makes his/hers decisions and how his/hers reasoning works.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Why are we talking about this again...?
    it's typo c?
    full of Si repetitive stuff.

i guess ENP inferior runs this place hahaha

i am interested though how to manipulate ISTJs and ESTJs, seems like impossible, only if you do what they want, that means all, and then you can gain something in return, bc they like you when you are acting responsible, but that's too much work... hm

i guess if you search weaknesses in other ppl's dominant, and try to force them to make mistakes, it can only piss them and then they'll be less happy and less cooperative.
    i am saying this based on my STJ mom and sis, i know i pray often that my sis has a good day, bc otherway she is just raging Te-dom, not really easy to manipulate.