User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh, you can't possibly believe that's correct.
    You're trying to manipulate me, aren't you?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    You're trying to manipulate me, aren't you?
    She already did. :eek:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    She already did. :eek:

ps. Don't think about elephants.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Hypothetically, I think it's easier to push their dom-function buttons really, if you wanna manipulate. You can use the inferior I guess, to push their panick buttons, but the dom function is something they constantly use and feels so natural to them that they won't even notice it, I'd say.
    I'm more inclined to think this as well. People want to avoid their Inferior. They cling to their Primary. So exploit the weakness(es) of the Primary. We constantly see people with flaws in their approach to things because they focus too much on their preferred perspective and can't see around/past it.
    I've always thought of Dominant Functions as having no "weaknesses" as people have the most control over them. I've never tried manipulating people out of their Dom, but I think it worked once where I tried to focus on a person's Inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Fear or desire..
    Know what these are in a person and you can manipulate them.
    I don't know if functions play any role in this.
    Yeah, I was thinking Inferior Functions = subconscious Fear. You can make people Fear you if you play around with their Inferior Functions.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Why are we talking about this again...?
    So that we could all happily manipulate each other.

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I manipulated Craft's Ti a while back and planted the seed for this thread.
    Thank you? I guess...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

ps. Don't think about elephants.
    Damnit!!!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I've always thought of Dominant Functions as having no "weaknesses" as people have the most control over them. I've never tried manipulating people out of their Dom, but I think it worked once where I tried to focus on a person's Inferior.
    I don't manipulate them out of their Dom, I appeal to their Dom so they go to an extreme that is vulnerable because it's not shored up by other functions. IOW, lead people exactly where they want to go until they overextend... and the beauty of it is that they think it's their idea.

Well-rounded people are far less likely to fall for an appeal to the Dom. They've learned to balance.

Trying to get people into the Inferior is a direct assault and has to overcome their Dom, which can be difficult; appealing to their Dom is like using their strength against them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I have an ENTJ colleague. He's a team leader as well but I have seniority. One time, we're both on duty and since I have seniority, I was the one to take charge. That meant navigating to a place, organizing people and setting up appointments to meet up.

He's seen me work before. He knows that compared to him, I suck at the organizing part. But I manage nonetheless. He likes me, so he deliberately took a backseat to let me do my job. He also considers it cute to watch me work, and I sooo didn't feel like being flustered all day coz he's constantly smirking at and looking at me like I'm a cute puppy.

I also was running low on energy that day, and although I appreciated his respectful gesture, really am quite happy to delegate stuff. He was not having any of it, and deliberately stayed out of the organisation. I went..'Fine, we'll see how long it takes you to take over '

I took out one of the schematics, asked an INTJ colleague what he thought I should do and within two minutes the ENTJ was in there discussing with the INTJ what the best course of action was. I meanwhile sat back and ate my apple. At the end of it, I went: 'So, what's the plan?' He proceeded to explain what the most logical plan was. I smirked, he turned red.

And that's how you manipulate a Te-dom
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

STOP MANIPULATING ME GUYSSSSSSSSS
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Yeah, I was thinking Inferior Functions = subconscious Fear. You can make people Fear you if you play around with their Inferior Functions.
    I was thinking more along the lines of not making them fear you, per se.
    But rather if you know what someone fears or desires you can play with that. The fears or desires already exist.
    For example you know someone wants a promotion and fears being demoted or fired.
    You know your partner desires commitment and fears abandonment.
    Or even the old materialistic manipulation.. If you do what I want I will buy you (insert item here) and if you don't I will take away (insert item here).

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I get more pissed off than anything when Te is over exerted onto me... not necessarily manipulated. But I can see how that would work.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)