User Tag List

First 12345 Last

garbage

Something along the lines of

Ni > Ne > Fe, Te, Ti > Fi > Se, Si

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I'm not so sure anymore, as I doubt my ability to be totally objective in self-assessment. Also, there's the problem of me thinking I might use a certain function but in reality it's not what the function is *really* about - in terms of how it is embodied as a primary or aux.

I'd find it more interesting if everyone on this board told me what they observed out of me, and then maybe a pattern/trend would be there. Although, that probably wouldn't be of any use either because everyone has their own idea of what constitutes what function. Never mind.

Anyway, based on tests and stuff -

Ni > Fi, Ti, Ne > Fe, Se > Te, Si

Based on what I actually think is more accurate, tests aside -

Ni > Ti > Fi, Fe, Te, Se > Ne, Si
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    Fortunately though, the results I got on the cognitive development profile are pretty much how I'd rank my functions personally anyway.
    Same here.

1: Ni Te Si
    2: Ti
    3: Ne Se
    4: Fi Fe

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Like Cascaedo, I question the validity of self testing. But I will guess anyway just for shits and giggles.. Anyone feel free to correct me if you think I am getting it wrong.

Based on the descriptions below. Last time I took an actual test I was in a very different place emotionally and mentally , so those result are not being considered.

Fe/Fi,Ti,Ni/Ne,...Si..........Se................Te

Ne is perceiving abstract patterns and connections in response to stimuli (either in the external world or in the mind. ) Ne generates new information starting from something existing. Ne focuses on future possibilities.

Ni is the creation of mental imagery independent of outer stimuli. Ni generates abstract structural images of a given problem domain that a person can view from different points of view at will. Ni focuses on the structure of things from a timeless point of view.

Se is indiscriminate awareness of the physical environment. Se prefers to indulge in that which exists in the present moment.

Si is awareness of concrete forms and categories of sensory perception. Si interprets stimuli in terms of the past. Si stores and recalls facts, figures and past situations.

Te is structuring one's interactions with the external world in a systematic fashion, based on logical and impersonal hierarchies and categories.

Ti is judging the validity of perceptions logically. Ti as a mental process is a collection of threads of thought taking concepts or percepts apart or pulling them together based on rules and criteria.

Fe is adapting one's interactions with the external world to the moods and feelings of others. Fe is sensitive to events like changes in people's expressions or other such "soft," hard-to-quantify conditions in the environment.

Fi is judging perceptions emotionally, based on weight of evidence. Fi as a mental process is the flow of judgements on perceptions personal ideals or feeling of right and wrong. Fi strives for integrity and consistency in it's ideals. Fi is higher cognitive refinement personal emotion. Fi enables one to vividly re-experience past feelings.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Constant use tier: Ne > Ti > Si
    Average use tier: Te > Se
    Uncommon use tier: Fe ~ Fi
    Huh? tier: Ni

The tier setup does feel more accurate.

Arclight's Ni description is interesting as I identify a little with it but I'd say I use Ti+Si for manipulating constructs. It's very much a concrete view of the construction, even if it is dealing with abstract ideas.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

According to most tests:

Fi >/= Ne > Ni = Ti > Si >/= Se = Fe > Te

In reality, I think FiNe sometimes resembles Ni, and FiTe sometimes looks like Te as far as testing goes.

The Lenore Thompson model suits me pretty well....I think it's an interesting idea anyway, especially when I consider how I test on the functions.
    It's less linear, and I just wonder why less linear models aren't explored more....?

Order: Fi Ne Ti Se Ni Fe Si Te

Right-brained: Fi Ne Se Ti
    Left-brained: Ni Fe Si Te
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    According to most tests:

Fi >/= Ne > Ni = Ti > Si >/= Se = Fe > Te

In reality, I think FiNe sometimes resembles Ni, and FiTe sometimes looks like Te as far as testing goes.

The Lenore Thompson model suits me pretty well....I think it's an interesting idea anyway, especially when I consider how I test on the functions.
    It's less linear, and I just wonder why less linear models aren't explored more....?

Order: Fi Ne Ti Se Ni Fe Si Te

Right-brained: Fi Ne Se Ti
    Left-brained: Ni Fe Si Te
    That's interesting.
    I score right in the middle of Right Brain/Left brain tests, and Brain Gender tests.

Could that explain a very mixed function preference?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    That's interesting.
    I score right in the middle of Right Brain/Left brain tests, and Brain Gender tests.

Could that explain a very mixed function preference?
    IDK....I don't own her book, and it's been awhile since I've read it. I don't think that was a part of the theory....

Looking at how you see your functions, it actually seems pretty typical for an ENFJ. The only one markedly "out of order" is Ti.

"Fe/Fi,Ti,Ni/Ne,...Si..........Se................Te"

Order: Fe Ni Te Si Ne Fi Se Ti

Left-brained: Fe Ni Si Te
    Right-brained: Ne Fi Se Ti

I think that's how it goes....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Ni is the creation of mental imagery independent of outer stimuli. Ni generates abstract structural images of a given problem domain that a person can view from different points of view at will. Ni focuses on the structure of things from a timeless point of view.
    I've come to see a simpler way of putting this is in terms of archetypal or model patterns of situations (which are the "mental imagery"), which can be followed to gain a sense of how the current situation will turn out (based on the internally referenced pattern it is matched with).
    So like sensory data, where you can experience it externally, which is stimulus in the current moment, or internally, which is referencing memory, abstracting also references external (multiple possibilities for an object) or internalized (a likely possibility recognized by the subject) stimuli.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENXP

Ti ~ Ne > Fe ~ Si > Te ~ Fi > Se > Ni

That's currently how I see it. It's like NTP limbo.