"Does the MBTI tool stereotype people?
No, the MBTI tool does not stereotype. Among the basic principles of the instrument, as stated in the Introduction to Type® booklet written by Isabel Briggs Myers, are the following:
* Each type has special gifts.
* Each person is unique and expresses type in a unique way.
* There are no right or wrong types.
are the final judge of your own psychological type; your MBTI results suggest your type based on your responses, but the individual is the final judge of his or her own type.
* Type does not explain everything; humans are complex.
* Type may be used to understand and forgive, but never as an excuse.
* Become aware of your type biases to avoid negative stereotyping.
Some persons who use the MBTI tool may not be aware of their type biases and may stereotype persons based on MBTI type. This is NOT a proper use of psychological type. "