User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default Correlation between Longetivity and Personality Type

    All things being equal, is there a correlation between personality type and life span? If yes then which personality type?

    My guess is SPs if they don't get themselves killed. I'm probably stereotyping here but there active lifestyle and optimistic outlooks must confer a longetivity advantage.

  2. #2
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    NPs seem to be prone to dying of poor personal care, particularly INXPs. Then again, my grandfather is an INTP that is over 90 and still doing well.

    SPs probably die of their crazy lifestyles (a fatal STD, giant ball of flame car crash, drunkenly falling off a 36th story balcony, etc).

    Hard call on others, though. I suspect that ESFJs live the longest on average.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

  3. #3
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    NPs seem to be prone to dying of poor personal care, particularly INXPs. Then again, my grandfather is an INTP that is over 90 and still doing well.

    SPs probably die of their crazy lifestyles (a fatal STD, giant ball of flame car crash, drunkenly falling off a 36th story balcony, etc).

    Hard call on others, though. I suspect that ESFJs live the longest on average.
    Good answer. With regard to IN's (T or F) I think stress would be the greatest detriment to their health. Why stress? Because if other INs are like me then they are always obssesing over their impending failure, the future and other things that could cause elevated stress levels.

    Awesome avatar, BTW.

  4. #4
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    Good answer. With regard to IN's (T or F) I think stress would be the greatest detriment to their health. Why stress? Because if other INs are like me then they are always obssesing over their impending failure, the future and other things that could cause elevated stress levels.
    I'm with you there.

    I suspect that SJs have the greatest longevity if their SJ conscientiousness is conscientious about the right things.

  5. #5
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    The SJs I know tend to be demanding and appear high strung but they tend to relax once their work is finished. However the INs brains are, for better or worse, always working. This cannot be good for ones health.

  6. #6
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Type A personality has been well correlated with increase likelihood of stroke, cardiovascular diseases and cancer. Which type is most likely to be type A? NJs I think...

  7. #7
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    I definitely do not have all the bad conditions listed above, I don't think. If I die early is because I have consumed my body with sports.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  8. #8
    Senior Member JustDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I definitely do not have all the bad conditions listed above, I don't think. If I die early is because I have consumed my body with sports.
    But in time, if you are like most Intuitives, you could possibly develop some of those bad conditions.

    From what I have read I've concluded that on average Intuitive types lived shorter lives.

    Although I am not a doctor, have had no medical training and didn't take a single biology class in college. Just wondering ...

  9. #9
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    But in time, if you are like most Intuitives, you could possibly develop some of those bad conditions.

    From what I have read I've concluded that on average Intuitive types lived shorter lives.

    Although I am not a doctor, have had no medical training and didn't take a single biology class in college. Just wondering ...
    Not sure. I don't really feel a sense of impending failure all the time, I don't think. In fact I'm quite the opposite, even when things are going pretty badly it's hard for me to feel anything.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  10. #10
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Well nobody should take statistics as the be all and end all. Afterall nobody has done randomized experiments on that. And that's not possible. Personality is inane, just like predisposition for cardiovascular diseases etc. Type A personality (being tense, hurried, worrisome) is only correlated to disease. You hear this a lot in research, correlation isn't causation. Type A doesn't give you the disease. That has not been, and I doubt can ever be, proven. Then to link Type A to MBTI... You're looking at even more partial relationships. It's simply guesswork.

    The best bet to longevity is simply a healthy life style, don't take unnecessary risks. Also what good is longevity if you're not enjoying life? *shakes head* Assume you'll live to the average life expectancy and just live so that you'll be happy.

Similar Threads

  1. [Enne] Correlation Between StrengthsFinder and Enneagram Type
    By highlander in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-04-2017, 08:02 PM
  2. "24" and Personality Type
    By Mondo in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-10-2016, 11:05 AM
  3. [MBTItm] Link Between Spelling and Personality Type?
    By MBTI Enthusiast in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 11:03 AM
  4. Correlation between introversion and self-centeredness?
    By swordpath in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 09:20 PM
  5. Correlation between shoes and MBTI
    By JustDave in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 05-18-2008, 12:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO