• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rank the strength of your MBTI letters

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. I
2. P
3. F
4. S

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just in terms of "letters" and how I test...

1. I
2. N
3. P
4. F

In terms of what the letters stand for, and regardless of how I test...

1. I (introversion)
2. F (Fi)
3. N (Ne)
4. P ("Pe" traits)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Hmmmm I noticed something. For the Ne doms, N is pretty much always the 1st or 2nd letter as you would expect. However, for the INFP's, F really isn't as high as I thought it would be. Can any INFP's help me explain this? Heck I find it interesting in general how people don't have their dominant function letter(s) at the top.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
F is my strongest, which is funny because I think a lot of people think of me as highly logical.

I and J, for me, are somewhat circumstance-dependent. I mean, I am definitely an I and I am definitely a J. But sometimes the splits can be quite close and very occasionally I have even tested as INFP or ENFJ or whatever. At times when I've had quite a lot of social demands and I've actually been enjoying them, or at times when things are uncertain and I need to roll with it, those letters can be a close call.

I am definitely an N, but I think I'm a fairly "S" N. In general, none of my preferences are extremely pronounced, except maybe F. I think I'm reasonably well balanced.

So in order from strongest to weakest...I guess...

F
N
I
J

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmmm I noticed something. For the Ne doms, N is pretty much always the 1st or 2nd letter as you would expect. However, for the INFP's, F really isn't as high as I thought it would be. Can any INFP's help me explain this? Heck I find it interesting in general how people don't have their dominant function letter(s) at the top.
OK, this method is not really comparing the letters to each other, it is measuring the strongest preferences. (Each letter versus its opposite).
So a person can be an INFP, but he just barely edges out on the F over T, yet his I, N and P preferences will be a higher percentage stronger than E, S and J. (And since there is a lot of confusion in sorting out T vs F, or a lot of people coming out close, this will be common).

So then, F would be on bottom, of the four, but still in the dominant position, and not "inferior" or anything like that.
This stems from the fact that most type tests put together a type as I + N + F + P, and the cognitive process order of (i)FNST is assumed from it, so F ends up as dominant, even if it only edged out T 51-49%, making it the weakest preference in these lists.
Each type then ends up with 24 subtypes.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. N/F
2. J
3. e

I guess...

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They are all equal in their own special way.

The I is super strong and can throw cars.
But the N can run around really fast like Speedy Gonzales.
The T can shoot laser beams from its eyes.
The P is physically feeble, but it's got telepathic and psycho-kinetic powers.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, dang. My sharks with lazer hats could have easily slotted in there! Ignorance is NOT bliss, my friend, for I am very saddened now.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type