First 678

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Does the power of letters relate at all to functions?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Does the power of letters relate at all to functions?
    Some would say that if, for example, if T is your strongest dichotomy, then you're most likely a T-dom.

I personally treat the MBTI dichotomies and JCF as separate systems, but to each their own.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Some would say that if, for example, if T is your strongest dichotomy, then you're most likely a T-dom.

I personally treat the MBTI dichotomies and JCF as separate systems, but to each their own.
    But some people who posted here didn't have their dominant function letter at the top. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I definately need more information before making a definitive conclusion on these processes and how they connect with type's letters. (Is that a perceiving function by the way, not jumping to conclusions?)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    But some people who posted here didn't have their dominant function letter at the top. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I definately need more information before making a definitive conclusion on these processes and how they connect with type's letters. (Is that a perceiving function by the way, not jumping to conclusions?)
    There's no empirical evidence that that strength of preference correlates with type dynamics is any meaningful way (and certainly motivated people have looked for such evidence). That's one reason that type dynamics may be bogus in practice. Some argue that type dynamics are correct, but can't be measured externally.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

FNPE I'm pretty confident in all of my letters. I'm definitely an NF, but if I was born in an alternate universe I'm pretty sure I'd be an F 100% of the time.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    There's no empirical evidence that that strength of preference correlates with type dynamics is any meaningful way (and certainly motivated people have looked for such evidence). That's one reason that type dynamics may be bogus in practice. Some argue that type dynamics are correct, but can't be measured externally.
    It's nice someone answered my question. I'm all for looking at external information. I think it's a great way to better back up ideas.

However, I don't think the results alone can really show us everything. The dynamics of course are too complex to fully predict. Maybe or maybe not what we do is determined (free will?), but even if it is determinable, surely there's a ton of stuff to integrate. That could prove very tough.

As such, having a good theory of things can give us a more holistic understanding I think. That's the biggest reason I look at evidence, is because it can give pieces for constructing theories.