User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xNTP

At this point I am some sort of NF (long story ...) and hate the ESJs. IMO, they are too domineering and have very little creativity, and empathy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    You're going to hate me for this. I know what I'm about to say is not needed, but I can't help myself.
    Isn't it Ti, Ne, Si, Fe?
    There, I said it. I'm sorry. I've ruined this thread for everyone.
    I'll get me coat.
    Bye.

But at least you were right! -- it's TiNeSiFe
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I dunno, I looked at the types of the people I get along with and there does not seem to be a pattern. Randomly . . .

- My best and oldest friend is an ESTJ. We met in college in 1983 in a religious organization. It might’ve been one of those ‘complements attract’ situations. We’ve both somehow managed to move beyond that early cultural conditioning and stay connected over the years, despite our different types. I think it must say something about the power of shared history. We’ve both lost our parents now, both of our personal lives are in flux, we finally live in the same general region (after 16 years cross-country), and so we are not going to let each other out of our sights after all that.
    - I don’t think I’ve ever had an INFP friend. At least outside of work or online. The two friendships with INFPs I got to know online that I met IRL have both sort of fizzled. We tried to start a local meetup, but IRL it’s just like sorting cats. It was difficult to pin down a regular meeting time, or even topic. And nobody was take-charge enough to make it happen. My theory is that we are so self-contained and un-intrusive that we need Extraverts to open us up. I will qualify this by saying that I tend to get along well with coworkers who are INFP. NFs are well-represented in social services in general, and we seem drawn to each other in the workplace.
    - The INFPs I work with, once we’ve seen each other display a little whimsy (and it doesn’t take much to let that out if one is feeling comfortable) can for example enter the copy room from different doorways, focus almost completely on our separate projects, and simultaneously enjoy a random imaginative exchange, and then exit with no beginning/end formalities.
    - I used to think my sister-in-law is INFP but now I think she’s ENFP. She and I get along great.
    - I have 3 good IRL friends who are INFJ, and a newish online friend who is INFJ. I met my husband online and he’s INFJ. I like their structure, they like (to a certain extent) my spontaneity.
    - I tend to not feel too comfortable around Ts, especially TJs. I feel like I’m walking on eggshells around my ISTJ brother and like I’m way too enthusiastic around an ISTJ ‘friend’ I have to see socially because our other friend wants to hang around with both of us. Our other friend is like the Jerry of the group; I won’t say who I think the George and Elaine are of the group.
    - I can have a great time socializing with EXFJs and EXFPs. But I need to take it in measured doses.
    - I’ve had a couple of great ISFJ work buddies and they were both friendly, with good work ethics, and an affinity and ability to exchange vast amounts of trivial pop culture references.

Overall, I tend to get along best with open and respectful people of any type.

MBTI
    INFP

I get along with many types, but I have become more picky as I've aged. I prefer Intuition and Feeling in my close friends, and I've connected well with INFJs in particular. When I was younger, I had some friends with Sensation and I got along just fine, but we have since grown apart. I get along fine with my mom(ISTJ), my sister-in-law(maybe ESFJ), and an ex-girlfriend that I'm still friends with(maybe ESFP).

How someone has all of their functions developed is as or more important as simply looking at the top two. I get along with my mom, for instance, becasue she has well developed tertiary Fi. I don't get along equally with all INFPs. I like best INFPs who have highly developed their Ne and have some development of Thinking. I probably like INFJs because they have Thinking as a tertiary.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It seems like you're saying that you get along with EN_P's best and _STJ's worst. Correct?

Did you put them in order of similar functions you had or how well you seemed to connect? It had to be one or the other, not both.

Anyway, I seem to have conflicts with other NF's over time, although we seem to get along in general. I would say the types I seem to get along best with would be the two INTx's for some reason, as well as other INFJ's.

I also know several people of other types, some of whom I get along with, and others who I don't get along with.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by tovlo View Post
    I think in recollecting my past friendships I am most drawn to other INFJ's, INFP's, ENFP's, and the occasional INTP. I've found some superficial enjoyment in the company of those I've guessed to be ISFJ's, ISFP's, and a possible ESFP. I generally manage to find common ground with most anyone, but this seems to cover where I'm most drawn in relationships.

My strongest functions are Ni, Ne, Fi, and Fe. That seems to be reflected in those I find the most enjoyable relations with. I suppose the next tier would be those I share some form of feeling judgement with even if lacking the N component. They tend to warm my heart with their caring for others.
    I can relate to all of this!! (with the exception of my not thinking I've ever known/been really close to any xSFP's for sure).

I have also known three ENTJ's - two females and one male. I have had really good conversations with all, and was good friends with one in college (over time we've lost touch, for the most part). So on an intellectual level I really get along with them, and they're quite a lot of fun. But beyond that and it gets a little....dicey, I'll say. They're the only type I've ever had huge blowups/breakups/misunderstandings with, as we seem to approach EVERYthing quite differently (actually..I'm thinking it's because Te is my weakest function and Te is ENTJ's strongest function). But oh well..there are other people I know where there is less potential for butting heads, so I'll just focus on those people! :-)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tovlo View Post
    I know you've spoken of that being your experience, and I admit I've had some frustrations at times as well, but my personal experience of INFP's is exceptionally positive.
    I said "interesting" and "at times", not "horribly confrontational all the time" And the very fact that there *are* so many NFJs on INFPgc is a testament in itself that NFJs and INFPs do naturally get along pretty well, don't you think ?

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I find matching interaction styles is more relevant than functions for me. I get along very well with other "chart-the course" people and tend to clash (typically) with "in-charge" people, while having the least in common with "behind-the-scenes" people.
    Random, Daddy is so proud of you.... You get it!!

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I find matching interaction styles is more relevant than functions for me. I get along very well with other "chart-the course" people and tend to clash (typically) with "in-charge" people, while having the least in common with "behind-the-scenes" people.
    Daddy's just so proud of you Random. You get it!! I would like to discuss your thoughts at some point, as to how you make the determination. It would seem that the control of "In Charge" types may be an anithema for you. Wondering out loud if the weak S/N gives you more of an INTP flavor?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Daddy's just so proud of you Random. You get it!! I would like to discuss your thoughts at some point, as to how you make the determination. It would seem that the control of "In Charge" types may be an anithema for you. Wondering out loud if the weak S/N gives you more of an INTP flavor?
    Which determination in particular are you referring to?

Yes, that's typically what causes conflicts, them ordering me around (legitimately or illegitimately) and me bristling at it. Or disagreeing on the best way to do things (compromise is hard for me if I think my way is better, though I'm always willing to listen to an argument for a different way).

I don't know, I find myself having little in common with INTPs (and other behind-the-scene types as well, in general) and a lot in common with INTJs actually...to the point where I've toyed with the idea that I'm really a mistyped INTJ...what makes things odd for me is that I have more talent in Ne, or Ni for that matter, but much prefer using Se...so I don't know what that says.