User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Lonely Loner

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Lonely Loner

I'm an ENFP. I'm a sociable loner. One friend, but that's all. And I feel like I'm whithering....So, I ask, what type to you believe is best to live this loner lifestyle, because I don't think ENFPs are that type.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    I'm an ENFP. I'm a sociable loner. One friend, but that's all. And I feel like I'm whithering....So, I ask, what type to you believe is best to live this loner lifestyle, because I don't think ENFPs are that type.
    ISTP.

Let me give you some advice, coming from someone who has been/is there too : think about your goals in life and work towards them NOW.

My current goal is to live somewhere cool, have friends, go on adventures and start working towards being able to be creative and make my ideas tangible.

So I'm doing it now. I don't even care much where I'm going. I'm gonna move to another city in my country till the end of October because I'm suffocated by my environment here. Because there is no point denying some of your needs. I will say, that loneliness isn't always bad for an ENFP. It builds character and depth and makes you think about what you are doing (and if you are a 7...it would make sense since you're supposed to integrate to 5 to be healthier). But yeah, go after what you want. What would like to have right now that you don't? Go after that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymRW-Y_ALNo"]Kid Cudi - Day & Night (Crookers remix)[/YOUTUBE]
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    ISTP.

Let me give you some advice, coming from someone who has been/is there too : think about your goals in life and work towards them NOW.

My current goal is to live somewhere cool, have friends, go on adventures and start working towards being able to be creative and make my ideas tangible.

So I'm doing it now. I don't even care much where I'm going. I'm gonna move to another city in my country till the end of October because I'm suffocated by my environment here. Because there is no point denying some of your needs. I will say, that loneliness isn't always bad for an ENFP. It builds character and depth and makes you think about what you are doing (and if you are a 7...it would make sense since you're supposed to integrate to 5 to be healthier). But yeah, go after what you want. What would like to have right now that you don't? Go after that.
    This. Working towards my goals (in a less tangible ENFP way) has kept me sane. Also, surrounding myself with inspiration and things that make me happy. Cliche, i know. But positive feedback via accomplishments and progress have ALWAYS worked well to distract me from my constant loneliness (since childhood). Which is why I enjoy meticulous and time consuming things. And thinking about nonsense, a lot.

Deja Vu: At a certain point diversion becomes unhealthy and encourages more running. I'd advise you to go out and join something that you're interested in, book clubs, take classes at a community college, team sports etc., Just find something you like and you'll meet people you can get on with.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

ITs. i think the ITPs are the most natural loners of all. They're the type that's more likely to sit at least five seats away from anyone else for no apparent reason.

so... sociable loner, what's that? you're friendly with people but you don't make the jump from aquiantance to friend?

i don't think it's healthy for anyone to be isolated for long periods of time, other people are the biggest source of joy in life (also the biggest source of pain).
    obviously some types can stand it a lot easier than others. the thing that bugs me about isolation is having no one to joke around with because i love making people laugh.

You do seem more ITP like actually.. you're kind of short with words on the net too (like in your jokes and such. They remind me of some ISTPs).

That said, good luck. I'm a loner too. Although I have friends and can be sociable (I behave like an F, I guess. Not an ITP).

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    ITs. i think the ITPs are the most natural loners of all. They're the type that's more likely to sit at least five seats away from anyone else for no apparent reason.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    so... sociable loner, what's that? you're friendly with people but you don't make the jump from aquiantance to friend?
    ^ For me it means, I don't feel the desire to jump from aquiantance to friend because I don't feel a 'real' connection. If you're one of those real friends and we're 'hanging out', I'm very sociable. I'm not social enough to keep friendships going. For example, if you write me on Facebook, call me, email me, txt me, I'll usually feel touched, but I won't reply 95% of the time. Sometimes I'll want to reply, but because I'm busy or not sure how to respond, I won't. That doesn't mean I don't care. I'm private and I'm not a small talker. I do this with family too, but it's more like 50% of time. There are rare friends and rare exceptions to this though. All friendships seem to fade away over time.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Same here. Indulge is what I do.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Yay, I'm one too! But anyways, I only know of one other loner and he's INTP.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am an ESFJ and i have only 1 friend .. Don't get me wrong, i know a lot of people but i don't know how to turn them into friends ..

It's a good job i like my own company, lol.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe