First 123 Last

Thread: Lonely Loner

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i feel lonely sometimes because i love being with people but i am really self-conscious, and i don't like the first few minutes of meeting people because i am typically quite nervous about it. and then of course there are some people i just don't like.

i don't differentiate much between "friend" and "acquaintance" but if we're talking about people i feel like intentionally hanging out with, the number drops from like 500 to 15. and there are some people who i LOVE that are not close and then some people who are close that i don't really enjoy that much, so i don't spend much time with either of those.

sociable loner is a pretty accurate description for me, lol

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Most of everyone hit it right on the head. Sociable, but I don't know how to make friends. If I'm starting to, they'll always say something that makes me uncomfortable and make me see them as an acquaintance forever.

The strange thing is that I know a lot of people. I've even been mistaken for popular, but most of my days consist of me and me.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

That seems to be a similar trait between ENxPs, I noticed, like the introverted extrovert thing.

I think it could be possible that we just hold people to higher standards when it comes to friendships, and we become nervous assuming they're holding the same standards when meeting someone.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    That seems to be a similar trait between ENxPs, I noticed, like the introverted extrovert thing.

I think it could be possible that we just hold people to higher standards when it comes to friendships, and we become nervous assuming they're holding the same standards when meeting someone.
    That's what happens with me.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I am without a doubt a loner but I really don't FEEL lonely, I have only one friend and I haven't seen him in like 7, 8 months. I think it might be true about ITPs being natural loners. I have an ENFP sister who says that she likes to spend alot of time to herself but I wouldn't call her a loner.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Typical university loner here. I am That Creepy Girl in lecture halls who sits three chairs away from everyone else. I look around and I am literally the only person who hasn't diffused themselves into a group. It's kind of... baffling. I haven't made any friends here, only the handful of people I say hi to. I have my girlfriend, so I suppose it isn't so bad. On most days I'm fine with this, but there are the occasional nights when I'm down in the dumps, and fret over my relationship because if it doesn't work out then I really am alone. Overall, I'm fine.
    Um, yeah.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I am sociable.. not at all social.

People confuse my friendliness and social mannerisms to mean I am social.

I have no friends. My best friends in the whole world I know online and haven't even met them..

I met my last 3 relationships online including my ex wife.

I am almost always seen alone, unless I am in a relationship.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

God, were all a bunch of losers!!
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

I now realize there's a distinction between feeling well by yourself and not. Plenty of ways to use solitude, but of course extroverts tend to understand life more based on social elements.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    I am without a doubt a loner but I really don't FEEL lonely, I have only one friend and I haven't seen him in like 7, 8 months. I think it might be true about ITPs being natural loners. I have an ENFP sister who says that she likes to spend alot of time to herself but I wouldn't call her a loner.
    I know a couple of ENFPs like that. They always claim to be on their own, yet they never really seem capable of leaving people alone.

It's especially funny when they go through a misanthropic phase... It's kinda cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    God, were all a bunch of losers!!
    And Therein lies the difference between a lonely extrovert and an introvert.