User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Introverted societies

Why, exactly, are countries like Sweden and Japan considered to be "introverted societies"? What makes these societies so introvert friendly? Do extroverts in these countries run around going "ZOMG, I just don't fit in!"

Anyone from these nations care to chime in?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Finland is introverted, because people here don't like people. I don't exactly feel like I fit in.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Finland is introverted, because people here don't like people. I don't exactly feel like I fit in.
    Why, because you like people? You're an introvert living in an introverted society, yet you don't feel that you fit in?

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Yes something like that. I would fit in a society with tribes and feasts... I would be the friendly hermit.

In Finland, I'm not sure what it is, something bothers me about the atmosphere. I definitely get the feeling that people don't like people. There is way too much robotic obeying and "doing stuff as they expect me to do" and people are depressed. They walk with a concerned, a bit angry look on their face, no one likes to rock the boat. And they really have nothing to worry about, things are good here. Comparing to the rest of the world things are so good that they should have parties on the streets... but no...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Interesting! As good as things are there (relative to other areas of the world), maybe people suffer from "stuck inside the box syndrome". Maybe they don't feel free to use their creativity and to be an individual (rock the boat, if necessary). Maybe they feel like drones.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

It used to be a Lutheran country. What is left is Lutheran work ethics without the promise of a price on the other side. We need more SPs here...

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

This description of Finland makes me want even more to get to Scandinavia.

It's odd of Japan to be considered introverted. Where can one find solitude in a small region around 127,420,000 people?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Niaurus View Post
    Where can one find solitude in a small region around 127,420,000 people?
    Oh, that is the one things that is good in here. There are plenty of places you can go to be alone. I now live in Helsinki, the capital, and I can walk a couple of miles and I am in a forest. Even less if I don't mind a couple of people here and there. When I was living abroad, I really had problems with this. There was nowhere to go for some meditative nature-moments...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

What happens to someone in Finland who is a total daredevil and rebel and who is always thinking and acting outside the box (not illegally). A crazy entrepreneur type who takes risks and "goes for it".

Do they get labeled as "total weirdos" who think they are special because they have original ideas and want to act on them?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    What happens to someone in Finland who is a total daredevil and rebel and who is always thinking and acting outside the box (not illegally). A crazy entrepreneur type who takes risks and "goes for it".

Do they get labeled as "total weirdos" who think they are special because they have original ideas and want to act on them?
    I would imagine that its not possible...given the political/economic nature of how things work there....