First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    None so far. But someday my brethrens someday we will create our own intpian utopia.

Pfft...it'll probably be just a dump somewhere.

I think an INTPian society will not be a functioning one. It always has to have it's shares of J's SJ's, and other types but mainly J's.

the most intpish would be a small messy research unit somewhere...a society is different.
    Anarchy it iz!!!!!!
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    The greater southern Appalachian region (especially West Virginia, Kentucky, and the mountainous parts of Tennessee and Virginia) is traditionally an introverted culture because of the isolation of the mountains. "Mountain people" still exist in WV, they hide from the census, and have no inclination to join the greater society. It's the stereotype of the suspicious, quiet, watchful, strong hillbilly who will chase you off of their property with a gun...which isn't a pleasant image...but I also think there's something to be respected about it, it's very "live and let live" in a primitive sense, a hermit's paradise, really. My grandfather was a personification of this, and I feel this influence on my own personality though I am much more attuned to modern mainstream culture.

It's an interesting contrast to the constant concern with societal image in the wealthier circles of the deep South.
    Me, too.

I'd say it's high N as well, what do you think?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Finland is introverted, because people here don't like people. I don't exactly feel like I fit in.
    Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Yes something like that. I would fit in a society with tribes and feasts... I would be the friendly hermit.

In Finland, I'm not sure what it is, something bothers me about the atmosphere. I definitely get the feeling that people don't like people. There is way too much robotic obeying and "doing stuff as they expect me to do" and people are depressed. They walk with a concerned, a bit angry look on their face, no one likes to rock the boat. And they really have nothing to worry about, things are good here. Comparing to the rest of the world things are so good that they should have parties on the streets... but no...
    finland is so interesting. i definitely had an adjustment period where i had to figure out that bouncing down the street humming and smiling is an oddity, lol. and that seems to be more true across northern europe in general. i appreciated some of the introversion of finnish culture - the states in general is so freaking extraverted, and it's kind of relaxing to not be expected to be so social all the time. on the other hand, it was very odd in some ways, for instance i didn't get to know very many of my finnish neighbors - i often got to know students of other nationalities better. things are very good there, and so safe, i agree that it is surprising that there are not more social celebrations... drunk finns are very fun though, 80s music and singing in the streets and all

i could never keep up with the extraversion of the spanish students i knew though... they were ESFP to the max... PARTY PARTY PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    The greater southern Appalachian region (especially West Virginia, Kentucky, and the mountainous parts of Tennessee and Virginia) is traditionally an introverted culture because of the isolation of the mountains. "Mountain people" still exist in WV, they hide from the census, and have no inclination to join the greater society. It's the stereotype of the suspicious, quiet, watchful, strong hillbilly who will chase you off of their property with a gun...which isn't a pleasant image...but I also think there's something to be respected about it, it's very "live and let live" in a primitive sense, a hermit's paradise, really. My grandfather was a personification of this, and I feel this influence on my own personality though I am much more attuned to modern mainstream culture.

It's an interesting contrast to the constant concern with societal image in the wealthier circles of the deep South.
    agree with this. deep southern culture is very different from appalachian mountain culture. the same is true for northeastern (maine, vermont, new hampshire, RI, etc) culture vs nyc! northeastern culture is a little bit introverted in general, i think. the outdoorsman, or rugged fisherman in a quiet village thing, you know?

incidentally, there's something more Fi about the east coast north and Fe about the east coast south (besides most of florida... most of florida is not really southern lol). i have family in both areas and it's an interesting contrast. i like going up north because it's kind of expected that you'll just speak your mind, and that's cool. there's less societal constraint, and i feel like people are more frank about things. whereas in the south, i pull off to the side of a dark road and put my flashers on at night, and 3 drivers individually pull off to ask me if i need help. people are just generally nicer - but it's harder to tell if it's a facade... like, up north, if someone is pissed off, you generally know it. down south it's harder to tell, which can be much more pleasant in some ways but then it's also harder to tell if someone is just manipulating you for their own sake... both cultures have their up and downsides... sometimes i think it's better for me to live in the south because it curbs my Fi-ness... lol...

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

I thought a lot of INTx people live in Scandinavia and Germany. I saw a map somewhere. Now I only found this, to which I can't agree, but it's still interesting: myPersonality Research

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Finland...Austria...Japan........ISTJ hellholes!!!!!!!
    Basically.

Everyone I have had the pleasure of meeting so far has been an ISTJ... a few exceptions, but 90% ISTJ's.

believe it or not, as "open" as those societies are, that IS their "S", have to see it like they do, otherwise, you're strange.

Very few people like the idea of " theorizing", or trying to find a different path to reach the same conclusion, they find it unnecessary. It's frustrating.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Scandinavia is definitely not introverted as a whole. You could make the case for Finland and Norway, but Sweden and Denmark (especially the latter) are all about DA PARTAYZ and being silly. Efficiency and resoluteness are crimes punishable by death as well.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    Scandinavia is definitely not introverted as a whole. You could make the case for Finland and Norway, but Sweden and Denmark (especially the latter) are all about DA PARTAYZ and being silly. Efficiency and resoluteness are crimes punishable by death as well.
    Yes, when alcohol is involved.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    Yes, when alcohol is involved.
    Not necessarily. Danish mentality is ENFP to the core, and obstinate Swedish political correctness is one of the horrible byproducts of misguided Fe.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Weber View Post
    Not necessarily. Danish mentality is ENFP to the core, and obstinate Swedish political correctness is one of the horrible byproducts of misguided Fe.
    Danish mentality is ENFP to the core?

They are liberal and have a lot of nice things, but apart from that what is so ENFP about them? They aren't ultra warm and open to anyone or easy to become friends with, or lazy bums...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

They are all of those things, and having a plan and being effective is a sin here as well. Hipsters and modern pseudo-hippies abound.