User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I think Eastern and Southeastern Asian Countries gives off Introversion because of the culture and the trend of values affecting overall personality. Japan has it more SJ'ish, making the "calm" and "respectful" "patient" traits more pronounced.

figsfiggyfigs

HOLY CRAP, the first year I was in Sweden, I almost died of boredom. Seriously. I think this is a huge reason to why I've become so introverted in the last 2 years. I've been slightly cornered into it... O_O.

I truly felt out of place for at least 1.5 yrs...

It's difficult to make friends, and people are uncomfortable looking or speaking to you.
    Of course, it's easier for me since I'm a foreigner who speaks English, thus I am automatically " interesting" to them, even if I'm not.

I don't really know what it is. but it seems that people make friends at a young age and don't feel the need to interact with anyone else beyond that. They just maintain the friends from childhood.
    Conversation is unnecessary; and they like the comfortable, solitary life style.

if you smile at them, they'll think your some sort of perv, who is imagining them in their nuddys.

Ohhh but when they drink.....

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    What happens to someone in Finland who is a total daredevil and rebel and who is always thinking and acting outside the box (not illegally). A crazy entrepreneur type who takes risks and "goes for it".
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I would imagine that its not possible...given the political/economic nature of how things work there....
    I know a couple of those kind of people. They are not necessarily the people who come up with new ideas but they are the ones who take the ideas and try to make it work. I don't know much about economy, but my guess is that you don't get people investing in new things so easily here.

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    I don't really know what it is. but it seems that people make friends at a young age and don't feel the need to interact with anyone else beyond that. They just maintain the friends from childhood.
    Yep. Sounds familiar. Or they have their work buddies...

if you smile at them, they'll think your some sort of perv, who is imagining them in their nuddys.
    And Sweden is the friendlier country...

Ohhh but when they drink.....
    Same here, except that we have even worse reputation.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Finland...Austria...Japan........ISTJ hellholes!!!!!!!

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Austria...Japan....
    I've been to them both, and I agree there is a certain theme going on there... and these countries are quite apart from each other.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I've been to them both, and I agree there is a certain theme going on there... and these countries are quite apart from each other.
    Quite productive. Good economical standard of living. People are colder. Very neat and clean. High suicide rates.

No offense bruva

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    No offense bruva
    Ha! Don't worry, I don't identify too much with my country...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ISTJ-ish cultures so far, what would a INTP culture look like?
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The greater southern Appalachian region (especially West Virginia, Kentucky, and the mountainous parts of Tennessee and Virginia) is traditionally an introverted culture because of the isolation of the mountains. "Mountain people" still exist in WV, they hide from the census, and have no inclination to join the greater society. It's the stereotype of the suspicious, quiet, watchful, strong hillbilly who will chase you off of their property with a gun...which isn't a pleasant image...but I also think there's something to be respected about it, it's very "live and let live" in a primitive sense, a hermit's paradise, really. My grandfather was a personification of this, and I feel this influence on my own personality though I am much more attuned to modern mainstream culture.

It's an interesting contrast to the constant concern with societal image in the wealthier circles of the deep South.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    ISTJ-ish cultures so far, what would a INTP culture look like?
    None so far. But someday my brethrens someday we will create our own intpian utopia.

Pfft...it'll probably be just a dump somewhere.

I think an INTPian society will not be a functioning one. It always has to have it's shares of J's SJ's, and other types but mainly J's.

the most intpish would be a small messy research unit somewhere...a society is different.