• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Music and Functions

LordPwnage

MBTI Type
INTP
Sorry if this has been done before, but I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone can think of songs that relate to specific functions. For example:

-----------------------------------------

YouTube - Mad World- Gary Jules

Mad World by Gary Jules seems very Fi

------------------------------------------

So if anybody can think of any, please post them here.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
"Mad World" is by Tears for Fears, whose recording is far superior.

But I agree: very Fi.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Far superior? Nah. Its alright, but I still think the Gary Jules one gets the feeling better.

That music video is a joke, too :p The guys dancing... blah, no good. Damn 80's :p

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
You would have had to have lived in the Eighties, GZA, to understand.

Gary Jules' performance, I'll add, is Fe -- unctuous. He gets the impression right but lacks the sincerity of Orzabal and Smith.

Edit: Faultless musical selections so far. Bjork, "Army of Me" -- Ne amok.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
You would have had to have lived in the Eighties, GZA, to understand.

What, those dance moves? :laugh:

But its not like the people now have better moves. I don't like the people now either. Soulja Boy *pukes bile*

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
What, those dance moves?
Well, not to laugh, anyway. And it is difficult.

I know it was originally by Tff, but the original seems much less Fi.
It could, again, be generational. New wave and new romanticism was quite comparatively introspective at the time; a stylish way of feeling sorry for oneself.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree that it's weird.

But... you really think that's Se? :huh: I would have thought Se was more like this:

YouTube - I can't drive 55
I was thinking about Se in terms of "experiencing life" rather than "extreme experiences", so it worked for me.

That second song's definitely more Se-like though, at least from the video/tune since I can barely tell the words.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
All I can think of (no pun intended) is "They're Coming to Take Me Away" but alas, I can't find a video. :(

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How's this for Ni? Or...is it maybe Ne? I'm thinking Ni though.

YouTube - Pink Floyd Brain Damage (aka my favourite pink floyd song ever)

"The lunatic is on the grass
The lunatic is on the grass
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
Got to keep the loonies on the path

The lunatic is in the hall
The lunatics are in my hall
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
And every day the paper boy brings more"

I can't think of any Ti songs. I guess I don't prefer that kind of thing in music.

EDIT: this would be a lot easier to do for types rather than functions.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me, classical music is Ni, because it's so abstract, and produces imagery in your mind. The tone of music affects your inner impressions and the mental images in your head because of it are nothing directly related to the objective world.

Same goes for any foreign language music, where you cannot understand the words. And since you can't understand them, your subjective interpretation will more likely be of things completely unrelated.

Certain tones of music make you think of flowers and gardens, other tones make you think of demons and monsters.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5