User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTJ

is this ENTJ (Te Ni) ? let's begin with my own type...

YouTube - sensoria
    YouTube - Front Line Assembly - Iceolate

is this ESTJ (Te Si) ?

YouTube - Hatebreed Destroy Everything Music Video

is this INFP (Fi Ne) ? (edit)

YouTube - Clan of Xymox - All I Have (fanvid)
    Last edited by machintruc; 02-01-2008 at 03:57 PM.
    ENTJ - LII - Intimate Five

+++ PRAISE CHRIST +++ - don't be afraid : seek and defend the Truth with boldness.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    [b]is this INFP (Ni Te) ?

YouTube - Clan of Xymox - All I Have (fanvid)
    Ni Te is not. (Fi Ne)

The video is rather INFP I guess. A bit too... predictable after a while, not varied enough, but some of it is def Fi and Ne too until it becomes a bit boring.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INTP

VNV Nation = INTJ?

VNV Nation - Entropy
    (Lyrics)

The way their music is layered... you can cleanly pull apart the vocals from the music under it. It's like he/they thought it out thoroughly before sitting down and actually composing it. The music has a Te quality -- like all the sounds have a certain meaning. This while the lyrics seem Ni...

In general, the electronic genre seems a good place to look for "NT" music.

i believe all 50 cent videos are very Se.
    also, i think metallica's Nothing else matters is INFP.
    what about Unforgiven II?? i think it is INFJ, but i have my doubts.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I really don't know how to "type" music, or if it has a meaning? Is it some kind of synesthesia?

It can only be very subjective, but I'll try just for for the fun of it, according to my own taste (Classical/Baroque/Jazz)

ISTP -YouTube - John Coltrane - My Favorite Things - 1961 (Coltrane -My favorite things)

ESTP -YouTube - Rameau, Rondeau des Indes Galantes (Rameau -Les Indes galantes)

ENTP -YouTube - Handel - Messiah - Hallelujah (Haendel -the Messiah)
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    For me, classical music is Ni, because it's so abstract, and produces imagery in your mind. The tone of music affects your inner impressions and the mental images in your head because of it are nothing directly related to the objective world.

Same goes for any foreign language music, where you cannot understand the words. And since you can't understand them, your subjective interpretation will more likely be of things completely unrelated.

Certain tones of music make you think of flowers and gardens, other tones make you think of demons and monsters.

I completely agree and you pinpointed one of the reasons I love classical music so much. I like that it's so abstract and leaves your imagination to create the imagery and tell the story. I'm classically trained music major with a good background in theory and how it put together so usually when I'm listening, my mind can becoming very analytical and perhaps I'm using introverted thinking when I'm listening in this way. However, my favorite way to listen is in the Ni way you just described. With classical music, I also use Se sometimes and just lose myself in the moment, enjoying the tone colors, the intensity of the louds and just the pure sensory experience.
    ~INFJ~
    -4w3 so/sx or sx/so

"Ideals are like the stars: we never reach them, but like the mariners of the sea, we chart our course by them."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by moonlit_reveries View Post
    I completely agree and you pinpointed one of the reasons I love classical music so much. I like that it's so abstract and leaves your imagination to create the imagery and tell the story.
    Which is what makes me smile... because it seems very clear that the music itself is NOT *Ni*... Ni is what Uber is bringing to the table. It seems that beauty is in the ear of the belistener.

An Se person listening to classical music would be focused on the Se qualities primarily, an Si person might be experiencing past memories tied to specific music or moods related to it, and so on.

The music itself -- the physics of it -- is very much predictable and describable by scientific law. A particular string vibrates at a particular resonance. And music theory is all about how music seems to "naturally" fit together... although now we veer into various cultural approaches to music. (Western music has one approach, other cultures can use quarter tones and other "oddities" to us in a natural way that we don't perceive, etc. So perhaps even that is not concretely defined?)

In any case, it seems like the music is just sensation, a vibration that travels to our ears and into our bodies... and it's the particular wiring of the individual that determines the type of reaction we have to it. Some people will dance with the drums, others (some of them here have even talked about it) view it as an evil incarnate because of the havoc it wreaks on their sensibilities.

SO music is not really inherently anything function-wise except for the physical phenomena itself -- it's all about perception.

All that being said, I actually enjoyed watching Fantasia I & II (which is basically interpretations of classical music), and I enjoy listening to any sort of music and envisioning things along with it. I think classical music, or music in a foreign language if there are actual words in the music, is easier to form one's own mental pictures along with; as soon as intelligible words enter the picture, our thoughts are shaped by them and we lose some options within our own imagination. (Thus classical music is well-suited for someone to practice their Ni sensibilities... if they already have that inclination.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Nancy Griffith: INFJ? Definately _NFJ.