User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Intensity

  1. #31
    the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    RAD
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Somehow, I feel I'm going to answer straight off topic and yet not:

    Intense is trying to push something that won't fit the bottleneck. Simple.
    It is probably different for us all, because it is dependant on the receiver rather than the sender.
    Also, you may experience being both the sender and the receiver - which can give cause for abnormality but usually is a misconception as the sender is something other than the necessary you. Even if it comes from the inside.

    Just because it comes from the inside, doesn't mean it comes from you.
    And if it does come from You, your conception of You is different from what is.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

  2. #32
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    sx is intense

    EXXJ is intense

    enneagram 8, 7, 1, 4 can be intense in their own ways.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  3. #33
    the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    RAD
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    sx is intense

    EXXJ is intense

    enneagram 8, 7, 1, 4 can be intense in their own ways.
    Personally, I think everyone are capable of intensity.
    Whether dominant this or dominant that.

    You don't agree?

    Also, concerning the OP's post; Thinking can cause wall of text. Feeling a wall of text. Just looking for different receivers. Take a pill that inhibits either and you'll find intensity begins to lack. I'd like a cup of tea and a theory-cookie to dip with.

    Now that I think about it, it could be on the verge of understanding but not comprehending.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

  4. #34
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    Personally, I think everyone are capable of intensity.
    Whether dominant this or dominant that.

    You don't agree?
    i absolutely do, but those are some personality traits that lend themselves to expressed intensity as i experience it. this is based on my own experiences with people. don't you know some individuals you'd describe as 'intense' while others are meeker or have a calmer more mild demeanor?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  5. #35
    the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    RAD
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    i absolutely do, but those are some personality traits that lend themselves to expressed intensity as i experience it. this is based on my own experiences with people. don't you know some individuals you'd describe as 'intense' while others are meeker or have a calmer more mild demeanor?
    On first impression, I would say yes.
    On second, I realize the ones who keep a less intense demeanor nonetheless has been giving me rather intense experiences.
    On day to day, not necessarily speaking to anyone and just meeting people, is that really taking part of each other? And how much of that could I consider being normal? How can I taste the intensity in people if I don't strike up conversations of their interest, or however their intensity brightens? Personally, There's this "umph" with introverted types. A kind of intensity that is below the surface. Extroverted types end up with the intensity in my face. Not always like this of course. Often it is completely opposite.

    Life's an onion, just like Shrek and like Shrek, it has many layers and all of those layers makes you cry. <--- That was clearly OOT.

    I think I know what you mean but that is surface living. Not something I particularily enjoy doing. Everyone turn into this grey mish-mash. A porridge of no taste.


    What is intensity to you?



    Ps. I am in the wrong part of the forum. Sorry.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

  6. #36
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heart&Brain View Post

    But please, go easy on the NF's sometimes. We've got feelings too.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #37
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    On first impression, I would say yes.
    On second, I realize the ones who keep a less intense demeanor nonetheless has been giving me rather intense experiences.
    On day to day, not necessarily speaking to anyone and just meeting people, is that really taking part of each other? And how much of that could I consider being normal? How can I taste the intensity in people if I don't strike up conversations of their interest, or however their intensity brightens? Personally, There's this "umph" with introverted types. A kind of intensity that is below the surface. Extroverted types end up with the intensity in my face. Not always like this of course. Often it is completely opposite.

    Life's an onion, just like Shrek and like Shrek, it has many layers and all of those layers makes you cry. <--- That was clearly OOT.

    I think I know what you mean but that is surface living. Not something I particularily enjoy doing. Everyone turn into this grey mish-mash. A porridge of no taste.


    What is intensity to you?



    Ps. I am in the wrong part of the forum. Sorry.
    I wasn't thinking that deeply about it. Knowing someone intimately can be the most intense, and in that regard I think it takes on a different kind of thing. That wins for sure. I was thinking of types that come off as intense to me upon meeting them. Like their energy is overwhelming or just noticeably foreceful.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP's deep, intense empathy: a gift and a curse?
    By cheerchick23 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 05:29 PM
  2. [ENTP] ENTP intensity and procastination
    By Qre:us in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 12:02 AM
  3. [MBTItm] How intense are we talking about here??
    By Wild horses in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 03:14 PM
  4. The Great Smoky Mountains (extremely image-intensive thread)
    By spirilis in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-19-2008, 10:49 AM
  5. INTENSE Music
    By phoenix13 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO