• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How easy is it for you to see your dominant function?

wolfy

awsm
I hope you get a kick out of this Wolfy. :yes:

This question has been on my mind since yesterday.

If I had to choose an image to represent how I conceptualize the framework that is "Se" and how I feel it is implemented (especially by ESXPs) it would be this one: :2ar15:

robot.jpg

That is great, Halla. I once read that Se was a scout. I find it easy to see the scouting aspect in me. I actually really enjoy being in the gym or any busy place when it is really busy and just letting my mind catch all the things without letting my mind stop on anything.

I can do Terminator eyes too.

I get a sense of Fi when I balance a lot of human factors in a moment. I take in a lot of info and then weigh it all. My desires, others desires, the reality of it all.

Also I think it is the feeling I get when something doesn't feel right. A right brained flowing feeling where you just feel that something would look and feel better another way.

I have come to the conclusion that because a lot of isfp's talents are so subjective a development of unbridled cockiness is not only desirable but necessary in order to be successful.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I make business plans in my sleep and have a couple of business ideas every day. Yeah it's easy to see Te in me.

That's more of a sign of Ni, though.

hmm..i'm kinda thinking no...but whatever it is i'm that way too. i'm a business plan makin fool sometimes.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm..i'm kinda thinking no...but whatever it is i'm that way too. i'm a business plan makin fool sometimes.
It's Ni because he's making plans in his sleep. That can't be Te because Te is a conscious analytical process -- its use is deliberate. Generally speaking going to bed with a problem in mind and waking up to it solved is a sign of Ni.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh...i took it less literally i guess...but i'm thinking when i'm in that mode that it's pretty te...

but actually...i have had ideas in my sleep...it's usually the more creative ones tho...i used to design furniture in my sleep.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
oh...i took it less literally i guess...but i'm thinking when i'm in that mode that it's pretty te...

but actually...i have had ideas in my sleep...it's usually the more creative ones tho...i used to design furniture in my sleep.

I have creative ideas in my sleep too! Once I realise that I'm not awake, I tell myself to make sure I remember that idea so I could materialise this creative genius. Then the morning comes and I think 'gee that idea was gay'. :blush:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's becoming easier, however i'm not the most reflective, or self aware person...haha

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Never been able to see either Fi or Se, though I'm supposedly an ISFP. Who knows. Can't see Ni either. I have inferior Te or Fe though.

Edit: I'm really confused tbh, maybe I'm a Je dom? Idk.

Last edited:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Si is the function I relate to the most, so for me that aspect at least was fairly easy.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For quite a long time, when first learning about mbti and on this forum, I had no idea what my dominant function was. I thought I was a different type. It's only the past few years that my actual processes have been pointed out, and now it's as clear as day.

So for me, it isn't/wasn't easy to recognize the dominant function. I could easily see other functions, functions I'm more conscious of, or functions that came into play when I wasn't at my healthiest or happiest, functions/elements that went into overdrive because I wasn't as balanced or was just coping/surviving, or that I myself saw value in developing or needed to develop due to work --- and that's what was most visible to me, hence mistyping.

But yeah, the dominant one, that runs on auto-pilot I guess, was super easy for me to overlook or not acknowledge as a driving force.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not as easy for me, not because I wouldn't be self aware, but because I am aware of differences in my behaviors and actions and influences that form me as a personality.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Really quite easy, my otherwordly quietness around people and my constant acts of secretly getting offended by the things people might say and do is laughable indeed. Idealizing people is also often something I find myself doing a lot, and the fact that all of my emotions are so close to heart. I often cry when people tell me stories of their troubled pasts, or when I don't feel welcome in a social environment for instance.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really quite easy, my otherwordly quietness around people and my constant acts of secretly getting offended by the things people might say and do is laughable indeed. Idealizing people is also often something I find myself doing a lot, and the fact that all of my emotions are so close to heart. I often cry when people tell me stories of their troubled pasts, or when I don't feel welcome in a social environment for instance.

I relate to everything you said there except for the first sentence and maybe not that my emotions are so close to me. I feel my emotions all the time but they keep feeling like they're not mine and they're just taking residence in my body.

How easy is it for you to see your dominant function?.

Watching your own thinking. Being aware. You'd think you'd be able to spot some framework. Can you do that?

For others, being my chattiness, I think it can be difficult sometimes, although when I'm working well with others people can be surprised by how much insight I can give. Although it's an environmental situation, I need to be in a cooperative and kind and non-judging environment for me to work at my best.

I think for everyone it's easy to see their own dominant function, they just need to recognize it after learning enough typology.

Ni is all about seeing the big picture and watching your own thinking and other's thinking (combined with Fe). Ni can't get more obvious than that.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's tricky for me to see my functions at work since they are such a natural way of thinking for me, it is all just a part of who I am. Just the same as going through your early childhood years with bad vision and assuming everyone sees the world as you do until someone else points out that what you see is not what everyone else sees. I am only really aware of my use of intuition when I actively use it in creative situations, when I force the mood and engage in it with full conviction. Otherwise, I know it permeates through everything else in life and affects how I experience and interact with things and people, but I am not consciously thinking about my functions in those moments. I am only aware of my use of Ne when I get into my introspective moods after an experience has been had and I am sitting there thinking about how those experiences fit into my understanding and idealism that is my life. If it weren't for those introspective reflective moments, I could easily mistake my use of Ne as Se.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Unless I am an Fi-dom, I have a hard time seeing ANY of the functions in myself.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was blind to Fe for years, but oh well, I see it now and understand it better. I see the other functions easily......