User Tag List

First 678

It's not as easy for me, not because I wouldn't be self aware, but because I am aware of differences in my behaviors and actions and influences that form me as a personality.

Functions visually explained
    Cracking the personality type code
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Really quite easy, my otherwordly quietness around people and my constant acts of secretly getting offended by the things people might say and do is laughable indeed. Idealizing people is also often something I find myself doing a lot, and the fact that all of my emotions are so close to heart. I often cry when people tell me stories of their troubled pasts, or when I don't feel welcome in a social environment for instance.
    4w5-9w1-5w4
    Likes Forever liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    Really quite easy, my otherwordly quietness around people and my constant acts of secretly getting offended by the things people might say and do is laughable indeed. Idealizing people is also often something I find myself doing a lot, and the fact that all of my emotions are so close to heart. I often cry when people tell me stories of their troubled pasts, or when I don't feel welcome in a social environment for instance.
    I relate to everything you said there except for the first sentence and maybe not that my emotions are so close to me. I feel my emotions all the time but they keep feeling like they're not mine and they're just taking residence in my body.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    How easy is it for you to see your dominant function?.

Watching your own thinking. Being aware. You'd think you'd be able to spot some framework. Can you do that?
    For others, being my chattiness, I think it can be difficult sometimes, although when I'm working well with others people can be surprised by how much insight I can give. Although it's an environmental situation, I need to be in a cooperative and kind and non-judging environment for me to work at my best.

I think for everyone it's easy to see their own dominant function, they just need to recognize it after learning enough typology.

Ni is all about seeing the big picture and watching your own thinking and other's thinking (combined with Fe). Ni can't get more obvious than that.

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It's tricky for me to see my functions at work since they are such a natural way of thinking for me, it is all just a part of who I am. Just the same as going through your early childhood years with bad vision and assuming everyone sees the world as you do until someone else points out that what you see is not what everyone else sees. I am only really aware of my use of intuition when I actively use it in creative situations, when I force the mood and engage in it with full conviction. Otherwise, I know it permeates through everything else in life and affects how I experience and interact with things and people, but I am not consciously thinking about my functions in those moments. I am only aware of my use of Ne when I get into my introspective moods after an experience has been had and I am sitting there thinking about how those experiences fit into my understanding and idealism that is my life. If it weren't for those introspective reflective moments, I could easily mistake my use of Ne as Se.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt
    Likes /DG/ liked this post

your resident asshole

Unless I am an Fi-dom, I have a hard time seeing ANY of the functions in myself.

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

I was blind to Fe for years, but oh well, I see it now and understand it better. I see the other functions easily......
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984