User Tag List

First 12345 Last

All Natural! All Good!

I cannot see my dominant function... any tips? I'd like to actually verify what it is lols.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

So what function must I use to see the function that I am currently using?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I think this is a good point that might throw someone off as to their true dominant as well:

Attitudes from the Horse's Mouth

Watching the INTJ and INTP discussion lists, people who are new to the theory often mistake their secondary function for their dominant function. INTJs, for example, often think of themselves as primarily rational in the sense of being "systematic", and reasonably infer that "thinking", perhaps "introverted thinking", would be their dominant function. INTPs often think of themselves as primarily imaginative, outside-the-box thinkers, and reasonably infer that "intuition", perhaps "introverted intuition", would be their dominant function.

Could it be that they're describing their favored extraverted attitude? Casual, anecdotal evidence suggests that extraverts also typically identify with their secondary function, though. For example, ENTPs and ESTPs think of themselves as analytical and having a good "hands-on" understanding of things. "Let me get my hands on it and I can figure it out. It's just a magical talent of mine."

More examples: ISTPs and ISFPs often think of themselves as primarily "cool" or "hip". ISFJs and INFJs tend to understand themselves mainly in terms of their personal loyalties to others.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    So what function must I use to see the function that I am currently using?
    That's a good question. What perspective do you take to see your dominant function?

I was simply trying to observe. Watching things unfold and trying to catch something that seemed Fi in nature. Some kind of framework, some kind of perspective on decisions.

It is possible that it is impossible to see your dominant perspective. Going around in circles like a dog chasing it's tail.

I can't see it. I can sense it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    That's a good question. What perspective do you take to see your dominant function?

I was simply trying to observe. Watching things unfold and trying to catch something that seemed Fi in nature. Some kind of framework, some kind of perspective on decisions.

It is possible that it is impossible to see your dominant perspective. Going around in circles like a dog chasing it's tail.

I can't see it. I can sense it.
    One is consciously trying to look at what he consciously does unconsciously which confuses one's mind because only one conscious can be present at a time. Perhaps we can observe by memory of our thoughts and feelings of a situation or by how someone else observes us.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    One is consciously trying to look at what he consciously does unconsciously which confuses one's mind because only one conscious can be present at a time. Perhaps we can observe by memory of our thoughts and feelings of a situation or by how someone else observes us.
    Maybe in memory, but memory in a split second. You should be able to catch it happening. I don't trust others observation, not completely. It is interesting from the perspective of seeing how others see me. But not in seeing myself.

I think part of why Fi is so hard to see is it is so often dressed in frilly underwear. You need to view it raw and naked to see it in action.   

I don't have a problem seeing Fi type of thought/pathways/choices at all. I have a need to do the right thing, move to whatever degree closer to what I consider the ideal. It isn't really enigmatic to me. It is to put it all into words (or rather, it's all very circumstantial, and I'd have to write a detailed narrative on how it could play out), but it isn't so cloudy that I'm confused on being a Fi dom.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Maybe in memory, but memory in a split second. You should be able to catch it happening. I don't trust others observation, not completely. It is interesting from the perspective of seeing how others see me. But not in seeing myself.

I think part of why Fi is so hard to see is it is so often dressed in frilly underwear. You need to view it raw and naked to see it in action.   
    Yes, Learning about yourself from someone else would be weak form of learning about yourself... Non efficient.

Fi would be a difficult function to actually try and 'look at' indeed. Recollection of trying to remember what you just experienced and identifying it to a function where you can confuse yourself because to identify the function itself would take up that particular function to judge or analyse it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I think this is a good point that might throw someone off as to their true dominant as well:

This is an excellent point, and it's faintly interesting how close this sounds to the Socionics creative function.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post

The part about Preaching the dominant in indignation is pretty interesting.