• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What functions/processes/types forget things more?

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
I just forgot my freakin' debit card in the ATM for the 3rd time in the 5 years I've had it. I do the transaction, press "No" for more transactions, and merrily go on my way leaving the card in there. :doh: Luckily no one came immediately after to claim it and the machine sucked it back in to be shipped to the main branch.

There have also been many times when I've gotten groceries, paid for them, and walked away, forgetting to bring them with me. The clerk has to tell me I forgot them. :doh:

Now, I can always remember a list of groceries and can tell you pretty accurately how a conversation went.

So, tell about your experiences and maybe relate it to MBTI as well. :)

KDude

I can recall old memories, but my mind goes to lunch when it comes to explaining things in detail sometimes. Often, in trying to make a point to a friend, I might just compensate for my inability for a detailed argument and go for metaphor and analogies to get my position across. Maybe.

I also stink at taking detailed instructions. It's better if they're written down. That said, I'd hate being a waiter or something..even if they do write things down. Sounds like a nightmare. I always tip well because I know that job isn't fun.

I don't lose objects much, but I can lose vital information. Since you mentioned ATM cards, I was at the bank not too long ago, filled out a deposit form and put a part of my driver's license number as my account number. Then when the teller told me something was wrong, I couldn't recall my account number. I just stood there trying to remember out loud.. "Uhh..hmm.. 7! 2? 1.." :thinking: :doh: I'm not sure why that happens sometimes.. Maybe I'm not eating right on those days. I'll use the same account number hundreds of times at a website and type it in automatically.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are numbers that I know in my hands that I can't recite. If I need to use the numbers, I key them right in, but if someone asks me "What's the so-and-so number?," I can't think of it to say it. Some kind of numerical nominal aphasia, I dunno. Also I don't remember street names of streets I routinely drive, which makes it hard to give directions.

Idec Sdawkminn

MBTI Type
EPIC
I can recall old memories, but my mind goes to lunch when it comes to explaining things in detail sometimes. Often, in trying to make a point to a friend, I might just compensate for my inability for a detailed argument and go for metaphor and analogies to get my position across. Maybe.
I do this, too, except I explain it in detail pretty well (I think) AND THEN give a metaphor just for good measure. I got this trait from my dad who uses a metaphor for everything, but I think mine more precisely match the situation I'm trying to convey where his have general commonalities.

I don't lose objects too much.. but can lose vital information. Since you mentioned ATM cards, I was at the bank not too long ago, filled out a deposit form and put a part of my driver's license number as my account number. Then when the teller told me something was wrong, I couldn't recall my account number.. I just stood there trying to remember out loud.. "Uhh..hmm.. 7! 2? 1.." :thinking: :doh: I'm not sure why that happens sometimes.. Maybe I'm not eating right on those days. I'll use the same account number hundreds of times at a website and type it in automatically.
There are numbers that I know in my hands that I can't recite. If I need to use the numbers, I key them right in, but if someone asks me "What's the so-and-so number?," I can't think of it to say it. Some kind of numerical nominal aphasia, I dunno. Also I don't remember street names of streets I routinely drive, which makes it hard to give directions.
I think the routine, automatic one, such as typing it or saying it in the same manner each time is subconscious, whereas having to think about it means you have to grab it from memory consciously and it is much more difficult. I find I have to imagine typing it out and then think of what numbers correspond to the keys I'm typing. It's like once something becomes automatic, you don't have to think of it anymore and you forget it for the purpose of conscious accessibility.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think Ps are more forgetful as to short term/constructive memory like losing keys. NPs more so things in the concrete world. SPs can be just so focused on something else in the environment that it detracts from other objects.

This is merely my speculation on the question.

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
Ne/P. What were we talking about? What was your name? Where AM I? It's basically like we've been smoking pot, and maybe we have, but we're like that anyway.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Story of my frakin' life my friend. Story of my life......

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just forgot my freakin' debit card in the ATM for the 3rd time in the 5 years I've had it. I do the transaction, press "No" for more transactions, and merrily go on my way leaving the card in there. :doh: Luckily no one came immediately after to claim it and the machine sucked it back in to be shipped to the main branch.

There have also been many times when I've gotten groceries, paid for them, and walked away, forgetting to bring them with me. The clerk has to tell me I forgot them. :doh:

Now, I can always remember a list of groceries and can tell you pretty accurately how a conversation went.

So, tell about your experiences and maybe relate it to MBTI as well. :)

I've done similar things enough times to be able to write a book. I can be incredibly absent minded about such things.