• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ Fi waking up!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So. Maybe some of you have noticed that my way of acting has changed in the last six months, maybe not.

Anyway, I am currently in a period of my life when Fi is running the entire show.
It's not just extremes or such, which used to be when I felt things.
As in being acutely aware of actually feeling things.
Gradually, I have become much more aware of myself and others.
Not the Fe/empathy thing, that i've always been good at.
It's got more to do with paying attention to feelings, really feeling other people, right and wrong, sympathizing
with others, going :wubbie:, acting out of emotion, being more "passionate" than I used to be...
Now, another thing is that I haven't actually been able to do a lot of "immoral" stuff that I used to do before, either.
I feel slightly nauseous just thinking about doing something really wrong.
My sense of morality is a bit medieval, I admit, but it is there and now it's sort of taken on a position where it
controls my actions rather than being a thing of convenience that can be swept aside when it isn't practical or in line with primal urges etc.

Now, I never was an emotard, like many NTs seem to be.
Some things have always gotten through to me.

But, here's the damn question.
Is this common for INTJs to experience?

Right now i'm feeling that I act about the same that an NFP would.
After all, I have spent a considerable amount of my life being awestruck by INFPs and ENFPs being all cute.
Crap, I just did it again!

I could have entire days without being moved by stuff.
Now it's like I can't watch TV, talk to people or read without feeling all sorts of crap.
It's definitely a more colorful world, but it is not simple.

Look, even this post is a damn mess.
The reason that I differentiate it from the Fi-vomits of ENTJs feeling like crap or such is that I have seen that happen a lot.
This is really different. It's more like I gained a sense or an angle on the world that I didn't have before in the same way.
In a way, I feel more like a child again, in the sense that I now observe the world with a greater sense of wonder than I used to feel.

I think I can blame this one on being around a certain pair of NFPs,
a couple of NFP friends and talking to a bunch of them online about everything and nothing.
It's freaky, though. It's like finding out you can suddenly breathe water and read the minds of fish.

Anyway, I really hope this crap doesn't change my type or anything.
So please, tell me if this has happened to you, too.
Is it permanent or will it go away?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*prepares your new shiny INFP badge*

nah, i think that's cool. sometimes i get a Te breeze like that. i don't HAVE to care about everything. it's kind of a relief. har, relief function.

anyway, Fi gets more nuanced over time. you've seen that already - moving from emotional outbursts to feeling. when i was little, i was much more emotional and did not budge on morality. given, some of that is childhood developmental stuff, but i think it's also a life process. my Fi is currently in its proper "supportive parent" role for my Ne and i like it that way. it's only been 6 months for you and you've been influenced by your environment. i suspect that you will find yourself refining it and tailoring it more and more as time goes on. like polishing a diamond, hee hee

the question is, do you like it? :)

i think that whatever resonates with you most is how you will end up being.

rav3n

Wanna trade your Se for my Fi? This way, I don't have to vomit. :devil:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*prepares your new shiny INFP badge*

nah, i think that's cool. sometimes i get a Te breeze like that. i don't HAVE to care about everything. it's kind of a relief. har, relief function.

anyway, Fi gets more nuanced over time. you've seen that already - moving from emotional outbursts to feeling. when i was little, i was much more emotional and did not budge on morality. given, some of that is childhood developmental stuff, but i think it's also a life process. my Fi is currently in its proper "supportive parent" role for my Ne and i like it that way. it's only been 6 months for you and you've been influenced by your environment. i suspect that you will find yourself refining it and tailoring it more and more as time goes on. like polishing a diamond, hee hee

the question is, do you like it? :)

i think that whatever resonates with you most is how you will end up being.

Adapting it is sort of what i've ben doing, too.

And yes, I do like it.

You sound like all is fine to me, YLJ. :hug:

Yes, and thank you. :hug:

Though, i'd like to hear about this from other INTJs.
If there is anything that i've found it is that nobody is that unique.
So this must, even if it's not a general INTJ trait (?), be occurring in some instances.

rowingineden

MBTI Type
iNfp
Enneagram
9w1
I have witnessed INTJs "discovering" their Fi before - it's a disturbing experience to me. To me it is the exact same thing as seeing the consciousness of my younger self being transferred into an adult body - yegh! I prefer an INTJ before they discover they Fi or after they have tamed it a little.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Though, i'd like to hear about this from other INTJs.
If there is anything that i've found it is that nobody is that unique.
So this must, even if it's not a general INTJ trait (?), be occurring in some instances.

:smile: I think you'll find it hard to get other INTJs to confirm this :devil:

I had mine read it and he went 'wtf, is he on something?' If they already have experienced it, I think you'll find it hard to push them into fessing up to it :devil::devil::devil:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn

It's more like I gained a sense or an angle on the world that I didn't have before in the same way.
In a way, I feel more like a child again, in the sense that I now observe the world with a greater sense of wonder than I used to feel.

Yes and yes.

I had mine read it and he went 'wtf, is he on something?' If they already have experienced it, I think you'll find it hard to push them into fessing up to it :devil::devil::devil:

And NO. :p

F

figsfiggyfigs

So. Maybe some of you have noticed that my way of acting has changed in the last six months, maybe not.

Anyway, I am currently in a period of my life when Fi is running the entire show.
It's not just extremes or such, which used to be when I felt things.
As in being acutely aware of actually feeling things.
Gradually, I have become much more aware of myself and others.
Not the Fe/empathy thing, that i've always been good at.
It's got more to do with paying attention to feelings, really feeling other people, right and wrong, sympathizing
with others, going :wubbie:, acting out of emotion, being more "passionate" than I used to be...
Now, another thing is that I haven't actually been able to do a lot of "immoral" stuff that I used to do before, either.
I feel slightly nauseous just thinking about doing something really wrong.
My sense of morality is a bit medieval, I admit, but it is there and now it's sort of taken on a position where it
controls my actions rather than being a thing of convenience that can be swept aside when it isn't practical or in line with primal urges etc.

Now, I never was an emotard, like many NTs seem to be.
Some things have always gotten through to me.

But, here's the damn question.
Is this common for INTJs to experience?

Right now i'm feeling that I act about the same that an NFP would.
After all, I have spent a considerable amount of my life being awestruck by INFPs and ENFPs being all cute.
Crap, I just did it again!

I could have entire days without being moved by stuff.
Now it's like I can't watch TV, talk to people or read without feeling all sorts of crap.

Look, even this post is a damn mess.
The reason that I differentiate it from the Fi-vomits of ENTJs feeling like crap or such is that I have seen that happen a lot.
This is really different. It's more like I gained a sense or an angle on the world that I didn't have before in the same way.

I think I can blame this one on being around a certain pair of NFPs,
a couple of NFP friends and talking to a bunch of them online about everything and nothing.
It's freaky, though. It's like finding out you can suddenly breathe water and read the minds of fish.

Anyway, I really hope this crap doesn't change my type or anything.
So please, tell me if this has happened to you, too.

Vaaaadddddd????? Lol

Btw I think this is really cool, and a little frustrating. I don't think I'd want that to happen to me, but reading your post, I imagined unicorns and rainbows, which would be cool to see. For a day that is, kind of
like those freak shows you pay too see at the circus.

You go, have fun, experience something new, you eat a bunch of
popcorn and cotton candy, start throwing up, and then go home.:)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you drink a lot lately?

No, not really at all. June saw a week of partying at a festival held in my town...
But I haven't been drinking more than two times in the last two months, and none of them turned excessive.
Three beers and two bacardi breezers once a few weeks ago and two glasses of weissbier (german wheat beer) last weekend during a culture night thingy.
My workout takes precedence over drinking. And i've had pneumonia.

I have witnessed INTJs "discovering" their Fi before - it's a disturbing experience to me. To me it is the exact same thing as seeing the consciousness of my younger self being transferred into an adult body - yegh! I prefer an INTJ before they discover they Fi or after they have tamed it a little.

Hah :D

I'm pretty honest and verbal about stuff, at times. I know many aren't.

funny-pictures-drunk-kitten.jpg

Yes and yes.

And NO. :p

Happy surprise, I didn't expect this. It's nice to see that it's happened elsewhere.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It either happened to me when I was relatively young, perhaps even in conjunction with developing Te as a strong auxiliary; or it hasn't happened at all. I can put myself into a similar mindset if I choose and can enjoy it in the moment, but it is not a natural or spontaneous state for me. If anything, I seem to have done the opposite as I get older, perhaps consolidating my resources on my strengths, and discarding any childhood vestige of hiding or curbing my real self to please others. I still find Fi important, but mainly to help define my personal values, and weigh situations and choices against them

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I have two INTJs (my father and a friend) very close to me, who have been through the same Fi issue. Since it was one of those days that I didn´t know about what to talk, I brought your issue (without saying your name), to them.

First of all, thank for explaining how it manifests, since none of them knows about cognitive functions. And I am a Fi failure.

They both explained that, such things happened to them while they were in the process of making a life-changing decision. My father switched jobs (after ten years in his former one), and my friend gave up his studies in Journalism (in the last year of the course, about to get his University degree) to study Chemistry.

In brief, they said that, while they were reconsidering such important matters; what you already know, what you think and how you are is not right anymore (or the three of them together), while you realize what has to change, your mind starts being more receptive to new experiences and points of view in order to do this:

define my personal values, and weigh situations and choices against them

And that brings the "sense of wonder" you mentioned.

YourLocalJesus said:

They also agreed that this is temporary. It "goes away" when, you make the decision, and realize that it was the right thing to do.

I also remembered that, you asked about our opinion about your "Perspective on life" some time ago. Maybe you, as they have been before, are reconsidering, or redefining, some aspects of your life right now.

Don´t bash your Fi, since, as Coriolis said, it is trying to help you in the process.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm, that might actually be right, Donna.

There are a few really big things going on.
Positive, I hope, but life-changing. :)

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Question: how old are you? Are you just at that stage in personal development for your tertiary function to start developing a bit more?