• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ Fi waking up!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Question: how old are you? Are you just at that stage in personal development for your tertiary function to start developing a bit more?

23. Wouldn't experience/environment rather than time determine if the tertiary develops?

[quote and response edited]

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
23. Wouldn't experience/environment rather than time determine if the tertiary develops?

[quote and response edited]

Well yeah, definitely. I asked age more as a rough estimate for life experience, but that's pretty hard to quantify. I suppose a lot of it has to do with awareness as well.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Don't doubt the NTJ part though. I can guarantee it's correct...I recognize you boys miles away :devil:

And Z, you're more like him than you think. You both are quite overbearing and even more decisive than an INTJ normally is. You boys seem to have the directness of an ENTJ, but the mushiness of an INTJ. Most INTJs however pause and take a moment before acting..if acting is necessary at all yet. ENTJs just storm ahead ime. And coz you are so open, the mushiness is even more visible than in an INTJ :D

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I dunno...

I feel like he could be an xSTJ, or even an ENFJ...

Could just be that English isn't his primary language, though...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno...

I feel like he could be an xSTJ, or even an ENFJ...

Could just be that English isn't his primary language, though...

:rolli: I think it's time for Euro's to stop letting people know they're Euro's, since it seems to get them a second class citizen treatment :coffee:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
No, for so is yours, my dear (brat)! :wink:

Do not feel so -- how do you say? -- butt hurt (?) that I critiqued your usage of an English idiom the other day...

For I don't know a lick of Dutch, Swedish, German, or Russian...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, for so is yours, my dear (brat)! :wink:

Do not feel so -- how do you say? -- butt hurt (?) that I critiqued your usage of an English idiom the other day...

I don't know a lick of Dutch, Swedish, German, or Russian...

I'll admit it wounded my pride. But only for a second ;)
My point is, ime people who only speak one language easily blame the fact that someone isn't native speaker for the miscommunication that occurs while often is has *nothing* to do with it. And the irony is that it's coz they don't know what it's like to know another language that they make false presumptions that way, and they end up critiquing someone's use of the language while they themselves wouldn't be able to return the favor. It's not so much my pride that was wounded, personally, rather than you stumbling onto a pet peeve of mine ;)

Btw, LOL at you actually searching for words :D

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Btw, LOL at you actually searching for words :D

*unsure whether Amar missed Zara's irony, or whether Zara is missing Amar's...*

:thinking:

*chalks it up to Amar's poor handle on the English language*

:newwink:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
My point is, ime people who only speak one language easily blame the fact that someone isn't native speaker for the miscommunication that occurs while often is has *nothing* to do with it. And the irony is that it's coz they don't know what it's like to know another language that they make false presumptions that way, and they end up critiquing someone's use of the language while they themselves wouldn't be able to return the favor. It's not so much my pride that was wounded, personally, rather than you stumbling onto a pet peeve of mine ;)

Oh, honey, from where did you get this false notion that I, Zarathustra!, speak only one language...

Now you have stumbled on a particular pet peeve of mine: Europeans thinking that Americans are a bunch of dumb, ignorant, know-nothings...

:devil:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, honey, from where did you get this false notion that I, Zarathustra!, speak only one language...

Now you have stumbled on a particular pet peeve of mine: Europeans thinking that Americans are a bunch of dumb, ignorant, know-nothings...

Lol..never said that. Nor do I think that. Ever. Many americans seem paranoid about that though :whistling:

And I got that idea from your attitude :alttongue:
Most people I meet that whine about other peoples language skills tend to only know that one language and have mastered it..but have no clue as to what it's like to speak a second language and have often incorrect ideas as to how that is to influence a person's ability to communicate.

Though granted..since it's a pet peeve, I might've not done my usualy thorough homework before judging :blush:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Lol..never said that. Nor do I think that. Ever. Many americans seem paranoid about that though :whistling:

And I got that idea from your attitude :alttongue:
Most people I meet that whine about other peoples language skills tend to only know that one language and have mastered it..but have no clue as to what it's like to speak a second language and have often incorrect ideas as to how that is to influence a person's ability to communicate.

Though granted..since it's a pet peeve, I might've not done my usualy thorough homework before judging :blush:

No problem... :tongue:

I just figure, if I were a regular contributor to a board in my non-native tongue, and I were really good at that non-native tongue, that I'd actually appreciate if someone would correct my minor "errors", or help me perfect some of the nuances that I might be slightly off about, so that I may become nearly native myself....

But, that is me, and I am an INTJ... :wink:

:)devil:)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No problem... :tongue:

I just figure, if I were a regular contributor to a board in my non-native tongue, and I were really good at that non-native tongue, that I'd actually appreciate if someone would correct my minor "errors", or help me perfect some of the nuances that I might be slightly off about, so that I may become nearly native myself....

But, that is me, and I am an INTJ... :wink:

:)devil:)

Yeah, most of us aren't that anal :coffee:
Also, some of us like being creative with language instead of always doing the 'right' thing :alttongue:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
So saying "Now isn't that the pot blaming the kettle?" instead of "Now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?" is being called creative these days...?

You might want to look up your definition on that one too...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So saying "Now isn't that the pot blaming the kettle?" instead of "Now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?" is being called creative these days...?

You might want to look up your definition on that one too...

It's...a reformulation..an addition to the story of the pot and kettle. An expansion, if you will :D

And as for creativity...I tend to see things wider than silly little definitions ;)
How very INT of you btw :smooch:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
It's...a reformulation..an addition to the story of the pot and kettle. An expansion, if you will :D

And as for creativity...I tend to see things wider than silly little definitions ;)
How very INT of you btw :smooch:

:laugh:

How could I not let you have at least that much?

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm, that might actually be right, Donna.

There are a few really big things going on.
Positive, I hope, but life-changing. :)

I can relate to your original post almost entirely. I am just going through the same as well...some major life changes too. Hanging around NFPs has allowed me to view the world with more wonder and seek out new experiences.

I just figured it was a part of growing up, maturing, a balancing out of the preferences.

How old are you may I ask?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can relate to your original post almost entirely. I am just going through the same as well...some major life changes too. Hanging around NFPs has allowed me to view the world with more wonder and seek out new experiences.

I just figured it was a part of growing up, maturing, a balancing out of the preferences.

How old are you may I ask?

I am 23.

See, I knew this wasn't uncommon. Maybe it's got something to do with how strong the preference for T is.
I have noticed that some INTJs are quite cold and distant, while others aren't.
Despite being T's. Taking sides, being forceful, warm and passionate are logically motivated things that I do.
Being strictly neutral at all times and not grabbing a piece of the pie with all your charms and force is less effective, at least for me.

Now for some off topic delight.

To Zarathustra...
I do think that the fact we both view each other as STJs is due to the fact that we have differing opinions and are unwilling to budge because of Enneagram type 8 persuasion.
We both know that we are both a bit antagonistic when it comes to persuasion.
Now, our mutual reaction to that would be digging our heels in even more, sticking to our guns.
This might seem a bit unimaginative and strict, not to mention its likeness to the enforcer mentality.
You are a type 8, correct?
I guess you have heard that having two NTJ type 8's (with differing opinions) in the same room usually means war.
It takes out the worst in both.
I can assure you, though, that if there is anything i'm certain of, it is that I am Ni-dominant, and in the light of recent pondering, I do not question this about you, either, even if I have had my doubts.
I'll try to tolerate you better in the future.
This happened when I first encountered Peguy, as well. Now there is no problem at all.
Maybe getting to know each other better would make things run more smoothly.

Also, the language thing is total bs. :jew:
My funny grammar is just the way I talk and write, because it is my style.
I do the same with Swedish, and it's not standard there, either.
Used to have a serious case of "the Queen's English" when I was younger.
Including British English spelling. Suffice to say, I didn't like it.
So I sort of developed my own mix of everything that I like.
Although, i'd say that I am closer to American English than British.
Maybe one could classify this as being creative or at least expressive.
Hopefully a bit original, as well, even if I really doubt that.
Uncommon would perhaps be a better word for it.
I can further assure you that my vocabulary is, even by native standard, quite good.
It took a while for me to learn mundane stuff, like "laundry detergent" etc, but I have not had a problem with even the most advanced English since I was about 13.
You could say that I have grown up with the language and used it every day for at least a few hours since I was a few years old.
Computer games, movies, series, books, the internet.

For my dearest Nicodemus...
My posts may have a strange formatting for you if you have a smaller screen than I do, or if your screen resolution is lower than mine.
I guess we will both have to live with it.
How do you manage to care about the aesthetics in forum posts, anyway? :jew: