User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    My point is, ime people who only speak one language easily blame the fact that someone isn't native speaker for the miscommunication that occurs while often is has *nothing* to do with it. And the irony is that it's coz they don't know what it's like to know another language that they make false presumptions that way, and they end up critiquing someone's use of the language while they themselves wouldn't be able to return the favor. It's not so much my pride that was wounded, personally, rather than you stumbling onto a pet peeve of mine
    Oh, honey, from where did you get this false notion that I, Zarathustra!, speak only one language...

Now you have stumbled on a particular pet peeve of mine: Europeans thinking that Americans are a bunch of dumb, ignorant, know-nothings...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Oh, honey, from where did you get this false notion that I, Zarathustra!, speak only one language...

Now you have stumbled on a particular pet peeve of mine: Europeans thinking that Americans are a bunch of dumb, ignorant, know-nothings...

Lol..never said that. Nor do I think that. Ever. Many americans seem paranoid about that though

And I got that idea from your attitude
    Most people I meet that whine about other peoples language skills tend to only know that one language and have mastered it..but have no clue as to what it's like to speak a second language and have often incorrect ideas as to how that is to influence a person's ability to communicate.

Though granted..since it's a pet peeve, I might've not done my usualy thorough homework before judging
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Lol..never said that. Nor do I think that. Ever. Many americans seem paranoid about that though

And I got that idea from your attitude
    Most people I meet that whine about other peoples language skills tend to only know that one language and have mastered it..but have no clue as to what it's like to speak a second language and have often incorrect ideas as to how that is to influence a person's ability to communicate.

Though granted..since it's a pet peeve, I might've not done my usualy thorough homework before judging
    No problem...

I just figure, if I were a regular contributor to a board in my non-native tongue, and I were really good at that non-native tongue, that I'd actually appreciate if someone would correct my minor "errors", or help me perfect some of the nuances that I might be slightly off about, so that I may become nearly native myself....

But, that is me, and I am an INTJ...

()

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

No problem...

I just figure, if I were a regular contributor to a board in my non-native tongue, and I were really good at that non-native tongue, that I'd actually appreciate if someone would correct my minor "errors", or help me perfect some of the nuances that I might be slightly off about, so that I may become nearly native myself....

But, that is me, and I am an INTJ...

()
    Yeah, most of us aren't that anal
    Also, some of us like being creative with language instead of always doing the 'right' thing
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

So saying "Now isn't that the pot blaming the kettle?" instead of "Now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?" is being called creative these days...?

You might want to look up your definition on that one too...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

So saying "Now isn't that the pot blaming the kettle?" instead of "Now isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?" is being called creative these days...?

You might want to look up your definition on that one too...

It's...a reformulation..an addition to the story of the pot and kettle. An expansion, if you will

And as for creativity...I tend to see things wider than silly little definitions
    How very INT of you btw
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

It's...a reformulation..an addition to the story of the pot and kettle. An expansion, if you will

And as for creativity...I tend to see things wider than silly little definitions
    How very INT of you btw

How could I not let you have at least that much?

Hey, Nico's command of the language is pretty impeccable.

A jibe wrapped in a compliment. I very much appreciate it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Hmm, that might actually be right, Donna.

There are a few really big things going on.
    Positive, I hope, but life-changing.
    I can relate to your original post almost entirely. I am just going through the same as well...some major life changes too. Hanging around NFPs has allowed me to view the world with more wonder and seek out new experiences.

I just figured it was a part of growing up, maturing, a balancing out of the preferences.

How old are you may I ask?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    I can relate to your original post almost entirely. I am just going through the same as well...some major life changes too. Hanging around NFPs has allowed me to view the world with more wonder and seek out new experiences.

I just figured it was a part of growing up, maturing, a balancing out of the preferences.

How old are you may I ask?
    I am 23.

See, I knew this wasn't uncommon. Maybe it's got something to do with how strong the preference for T is.
    I have noticed that some INTJs are quite cold and distant, while others aren't.
    Despite being T's. Taking sides, being forceful, warm and passionate are logically motivated things that I do.
    Being strictly neutral at all times and not grabbing a piece of the pie with all your charms and force is less effective, at least for me.

Now for some off topic delight.

To Zarathustra...
    I do think that the fact we both view each other as STJs is due to the fact that we have differing opinions and are unwilling to budge because of Enneagram type 8 persuasion.
    We both know that we are both a bit antagonistic when it comes to persuasion.
    Now, our mutual reaction to that would be digging our heels in even more, sticking to our guns.
    This might seem a bit unimaginative and strict, not to mention its likeness to the enforcer mentality.
    You are a type 8, correct?
    I guess you have heard that having two NTJ type 8's (with differing opinions) in the same room usually means war.
    It takes out the worst in both.
    I can assure you, though, that if there is anything i'm certain of, it is that I am Ni-dominant, and in the light of recent pondering, I do not question this about you, either, even if I have had my doubts.
    I'll try to tolerate you better in the future.
    This happened when I first encountered Peguy, as well. Now there is no problem at all.
    Maybe getting to know each other better would make things run more smoothly.

Also, the language thing is total bs.
    My funny grammar is just the way I talk and write, because it is my style.
    I do the same with Swedish, and it's not standard there, either.
    Used to have a serious case of "the Queen's English" when I was younger.
    Including British English spelling. Suffice to say, I didn't like it.
    So I sort of developed my own mix of everything that I like.
    Although, i'd say that I am closer to American English than British.
    Maybe one could classify this as being creative or at least expressive.
    Hopefully a bit original, as well, even if I really doubt that.
    Uncommon would perhaps be a better word for it.
    I can further assure you that my vocabulary is, even by native standard, quite good.
    It took a while for me to learn mundane stuff, like "laundry detergent" etc, but I have not had a problem with even the most advanced English since I was about 13.
    You could say that I have grown up with the language and used it every day for at least a few hours since I was a few years old.
    Computer games, movies, series, books, the internet.

For my dearest Nicodemus...
    My posts may have a strange formatting for you if you have a smaller screen than I do, or if your screen resolution is lower than mine.
    I guess we will both have to live with it.
    How do you manage to care about the aesthetics in forum posts, anyway?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come