• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Worlds of But One Type

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Imagine 16 different worlds where everyone was one certain type; like a world of INTJ's or a wold of ESFP's. What would these worlds be like, and how do you think societies would funtion with people of similar personalities?

Random Ness

A world full of NFs--nothing practical would ever be achieved. Everything would be theoretical and ethical but nothing would ever translate from one's head to the physical world.

...kind of generalizing there. But what fun is this if you can't poke fun at yourself? :D

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Each world would be rather predictable and boring I would suspect.

And I guess each world would only last a generation..Because, I mean MBTI isn't hereditary is it? :laugh:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
A world of one type whose children are all taught to be one type when there are actually 16 types? Scaaaary.

Exactly.. how would the ISFP child fit into an ESFJ world?
Chaos would ensue.
Until eventually the system would have to bend for people outside of it..
Within a few generations you would have... Earth. Right back where you started. :yes:

Random Ness

Assuming MBTI is genetic? Do you think earth would fall apart with everyone having the same weaknesses, or do you think some people would develop different functions that are missing in order to survive?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Firstly, the type worlds need different physics as ours.

Take eg. a typical fantasy world where emotions influence reality (and not only by motivating people to do something), where it's your hope on a good harvest which makes the corn grow... an F world.
Or a world where hidden connections become reality once you make them... an N world.

Now I think the whole bunch will shift a bit, but differences would still occur. The biggest T in the F world will train his emotions because it's useful.

If you start from an all-(type) world, people will look closer and still find differences between characters. Characters will start to diverge, just because all sorts of people can be succesful.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
yes... you would have sub-types...

like in ENFP world we would have types with really high Fi... or really high Te... etc.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I'd have to agree that subtypes would emerge. People would still diverge IF evolution "demanded" it. As in, the world still required all types of people or allowed all different types to achieve similar Darwinian fitness -- then people would "shift" to find a niche where they could maximize that. But at the same time, if a world were all one type, it would be optimized for that type over time. So I guess the divergence from the "normal" of that one type, in the initial generation, would carry through to subsequent ones. I don't think there would be increasing divergence over time.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yes... you would have sub-types...

like in ENFP world we would have types with really high Fi... or really high Te... etc.

Explain this in greater depth…

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Firstly, the type worlds need different physics as ours.

Take eg. a typical fantasy world where emotions influence reality (and not only by motivating people to do something), where it's your hope on a good harvest which makes the corn grow... an F world.
Or a world where hidden connections become reality once you make them... an N world.

Now I think the whole bunch will shift a bit, but differences would still occur. The biggest T in the F world will train his emotions because it's useful.

If you start from an all-(type) world, people will look closer and still find differences between characters. Characters will start to diverge, just because all sorts of people can be succesful.

Cool story ideas…

S

Stansmith

An ISFP world would be:

SP = ISFP 7s and 9w8s

NF = ISFP 4s and 6w7s

NT = ISFP 6w5s and 3s

SJ = ISFP 2w1s and 9w1s

It would probably be a strangely pleasant mess.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Imagine 16 different worlds where everyone was one certain type; like a world of INTJ's or a wold of ESFP's. What would these worlds be like, and how do you think societies would funtion with people of similar personalities?

ESFP world would destroy itself in its infancy from way too much activity without direction or a foundation.

INTJ world would have sages, scientists, creators, achievers, and masterminds, constructing systems and integrating them all together to further the progressive development of man.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESFP world would destroy itself in its infancy from way too much activity without direction or a foundation.

INTJ world would have sages, scientists, creators, achievers, and masterminds, constructing systems and integrating them all together to further the progressive development of man.

I guess so…

S

Stansmith

A world full of NFs--nothing practical would ever be achieved. Everything would be theoretical and ethical but nothing would ever translate from one's head to the physical world.

...kind of generalizing there. But what fun is this if you can't poke fun at yourself? :D

SJs = ENFJs

SPs = ENFPs

NTs = INFJs

NFs = INFPs

Not a bad setup. I'd imagine there'd be a lot of walking on egg shells, but I'm sure the Id types and tertiary-thinkers can make the tough decisions, while still maintaining some sense of humanity.

In terms of functionality:

1) NT-world: Progressive and efficient. Perhaps some issues with nihilism in regards to human rights.
2) SJ-world: Stable but incredibly stagnant.
3) NF-world: Fairly progressive in regards to social issues, yet somewhat stagnant, misguided and directionless.
-
-
-
-
4) SP-world: Issues of neglect, indifference and blatant corruption.