• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts and Extroverts

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
i think it's useful to look at the functions in addition just letters in these cases, because they highlight more nuances. for instance, i'm interested in many ideas but i'd rather delve deep with a handful of people - which kind of makes sense, given an N-E, F-I matchup. whereas a good NFJ friend of mine is more interested in interacting with groups of people but delves deeper with fewer ideas- F-E, N-I.

Yeah, you are right... It seems that it would be quite hard to make an order of extroversion... Fe should probably make a lot of this social kind of extroversion, but that looks just weird:

ExFJ Fe xx xx xx
IxFJ xx Fe xx xx
ExTP xx xx Fe xx
IxTP xx xx xx Fe
IxFP Fi xx xx xx
ExFP xx Fi xx xx
IxTJ xx xx Fi xx
ExTJ xx xx xx Fi

KDude

^Yeah, that is off. I'd say a lot of ISFJs can be pretty introverted, and keep their Fe to loved ones, or one-on-one.

ETP's Fe is just there enough in general ways (apologies, raising group awareness to something, identifying or expressing some sentiment with an issue raised, etc). It has little resemblance to EFJ.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't perceive them in any particular way. I think E and I are the least important letters in MBTI alphabet.

Don't have any particular fascination for Is, they don't intrigue me particularly. I can be an I myself in many ways, so I don't feel like I'm missing out anything special.

KDude

I think E and I is everything. Or rather, it's important that it illustrates the difference how the two develop ideas and in what manner they contribute to the environment (or not). No matter how much an EFP is in touch with their Fi, it takes on a completely form.. even if they take a break from the world, I don't think they can be like an IFP (and vice versa). It's the tertiary that seperates them.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think E and I is everything. Or rather, it's important that it illustrates the difference how the two develop ideas and in what manner they contribute to the environment (or not). No matter how much an EFP is in touch with their Fi, it takes on a completely form.. even if they take a break from the world, I don't think they can be like an IFP (and vice versa). It's the tertiary that seperates them.

E and I are actually supposed to be the least important of the four letters. Some people are really borderline, or ambiverts, but I do think you make a good point about the tertiary. The tertiary is sometimes the best way to tell an ENFP from an INFP for example.

KDude

E and I are actually supposed to be the least important of the four letters. Some people are really borderline, or ambiverts, but I do think you make a good point about the tertiary. The tertiary is sometimes the best way to tell an ENFP from an INFP for example.

I think an ENFP going into introversion for too long isn't going to be pretty. Like it's a place for Ne-Fi-Te, for example, to gather itself, clean house a bit (figuratively), organize new directions.. but Ne would sling them back into action. If something bad happened, and they sunk for longer, they would go into the inferior, and get twisted (unlike IFPs, who are often creative with or find something refreshing about Si and Ni).

Si provides information about the fixed and stable, the facts / constancies of the universe. At it's best, it provides such information as a firm basis for proceeding forward into the world. Where Si occupies the inferior position (as it does for those with dominant Ne), it is strongly tainted with unconscious contents. In these cases, Si may manifest as negative/malevolent images of eternal tendencies in people and situations that will not change. Such tendencies may well be present, but inferior Si sees the part as the whole.

I believe this is how a bright ENFP with big ideas named Anakin Skywalker transformed into a bad ISTJ cop, named Darth Vader. Choking bitches left and right.. Like another ENFP, Wayne Brady. Anyways, my introversion lends to me to make geeky comparisons to Star Wars. Forgive me. XD Point being, I and E should never get to be each other for too long imho.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I was definitely more introverted as a child, I almost feel like I was changed into an E due to social expectations. As a child I always thought that there was something wrong with being alone, being a bit of a loner. Even when I became more extroverted, I wanted to get people out of their shell. Now that I know about MBTI, I envy them in many regards. I wish I could focus as well as they could.

G

garbage

I want a two-way conversation. I don't want someone who talks "just to talk"--where any interruption is met with "yeah" as a halfhearted acknowledgement and then an immediate continuation of their verbal wall of text. Look, just don't expect me not to tune out and we'll be okay :shrug:

I don't like complete passivity, either. As I say, I'm after two-way conversation.

I can't handle the extremes on either end too well, but I can cater to them (and/or deal with them) for at least a short period of time.