User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your birth order and J/P level?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • EJ (read the post for an explanation)

7 3.72%
  • Ej

5 2.66%
  • Ex

0 0%
  • Ep

4 2.13%
  • EP

15 7.98%
  • OJ

19 10.11%
  • Oj

10 5.32%
  • Ox

2 1.06%
  • Op

13 6.91%
  • OP

40 21.28%
  • MJ

6 3.19%
  • Mj

2 1.06%
  • Mx

0 0%
  • Mp

9 4.79%
  • MP

15 7.98%
  • YJ

8 4.26%
  • Yj

7 3.72%
  • Yx

0 0%
  • Yp

5 2.66%
  • YP

21 11.17%
First 678910 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Oldest J here.

my sib is a J, too.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INFJ

My oldest child's a P and my youngest is a J. My husband and his brother are both P's. My Mom has three siblings and I'm pretty sure they're all P's. My Dad is the youngest of four and he's a J. I never knew his oldest brother (killed in WWII) but the second oldest was a J and the next a P. My MIL and her brother are both J's. My FIL is the oldest and a P, and I'm not sure about his brother but I'd guess he's also P. Based on my very informal survey of my relatives, I don't believe birth order influences personality type!

MBTI
    INFJ

P.S. Just to be fair, I'm the oldest and I'm a J. My sister is also a J. My brother, the youngest, is a P.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Sorry, I messed up. Read E for Eldest (I'm such a P, didn't even read the OP properly). :grin"

I should have marked OP.

garbage

Oldest (half-brother): ENTJ, 15 year age gap
    Older sister: EsFJ, 3 year age gap
    Me: ENTP

My brother and sister are two of the most J-est people I know. I have a lot of P traits, but I plan and organize, too.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Father - not sure of his type, but definitely an IxxJ (strong J) - I'm beginning to suspect he's ISFJ

Mother - strong ISTJ

Me - compared to my brother, I'm a definite J. INFJ

Brother (almost 3 yrs younger than I) - INTP
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Sorry, I messed up. Read E for Eldest (I'm such a P, didn't even read the OP properly). :grin"

I should have marked OP.
    +1

My EP should also be an OP.
    "There are no answers, only choices."
    -Jennifer

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

My whole family are Js... I guess that's not much help for the theory... but I'm the least J member of my family even though I'm the eldest (or only child if you go by the 7 year difference rule). My younger brother (7 years apart) is an ESFJ. My mother and father are ISFJ and ISTJ, respectively.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

How the hell am I supposed to decide if I'm J or j. I think there are more gradients in between "J out the A" and "questionable J." I'm definitely J but more so in my dealings with people. When it comes to anything else, especially keeping a clean environment, I'm very P. I'm really only ever on-time to official things like work and appointments. When it comes to going to a friends house, I don't even look at the clock. I take my sweet ass time. Overall, I'd say my J is kind of like being libertarian. Conservative and J-like in some ways, Liberal in others.

Other than that rant, I'm kind of sort of the oldest. My mom had a kid in her previous marriage who I hadn't met till recently (he's the oldest, probably an ESFJ, and 100% wienerboy.) I'm eNFj overall and my younger sis is EsTJ. So I don't think that there's much to this theory. Rather than nurture this is most likely nature. The more assertive sperm (you know the ones that have plans and wear little watches) were the ones that got there first and made us babies! :P
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    How the hell am I supposed to decide if I'm J or j. I think there are more gradients in between "J out the A" and "questionable J." I'm definitely J but more so in my dealings with people. When it comes to anything else, especially keeping a clean environment, I'm very P. I'm really only ever on-time to official things like work and appointments. When it comes to going to a friends house, I don't even look at the clock. I take my sweet ass time. Overall, I'd say my J is kind of like being libertarian. Conservative and J-like in some ways, Liberal in others.

Other than that rant, I'm kind of sort of the oldest. My mom had a kid in her previous marriage who I hadn't met till recently (he's the oldest, probably an ESFJ, and 100% wienerboy.) I'm eNFj overall and my younger sis is EsTJ. So I don't think that there's much to this theory. Rather than nurture this is most likely nature. The more assertive sperm (you know the ones that have plans and wear little watches) were the ones that got there first and made us babies! :P
    You sound like a moderate J. What makes people Js is directing the Judging function (T or F) outward into interactions with the external world--J types have Te or Fe as one of their top two functions (and Si or Ni as the other.)

So Judgers have a more open/perceptive side but it's kept inwardly most of the time and only allowed to direct Te/Fe's efforts...this explains why you would show an organized attitude toward others but not as much toward yourself.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?