• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How are you different from the typical representative of your type

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I saw a thread like this on another forum. Thought it would be fun to do a similar one here.

I suppose compared to other INTPs I am somewhat more J like. It's the weakest preference of my four. I seem to care more about finishing what I start (I feel bad about projects that never get done), I'm neater (not really a good indicator of J/P anyway in my opinion), I take deadlines more seriously, and seem more reliable.

I am more F like in some ways. I tend to care more what others think (maybe this ties into E somewhat too) and I need some praise to know that I'm doing well. I also seem to be more concerned about harmony and disharmony seems to bother me more.

In some ways I'm more extraverted. I think I seek more external validation and I'm not as anti-group (just as long as the group has interests similar to my own). I probably know a larger number of people but I think like most INTPs, I have very few I'd truly consider good friends.

And in some ways I'm more S like. I often see myself as less creative and out of the box than other INTPs. I feel more conventional. Yet I score a solid N most of the time partly because I place a high value on creativity and out of the box thinking. I tend to be more literal too.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An INTJ stereotype is to be arrogant, but I tend to be fairly modest. Even when dealing with a subject I know alot about, I leave open the possibility that others still have something to offer, even if just finding my stupid mistakes with a fresh pair of eyes. The one exception is if someone is being arrogant or cavalier themselves. Then I may lay into them with exactly how much I do know.

Second, I tend to be more spontaneous than many TJs, at least in regard to getting things done. I always remain alert for opportunities, and will change plans on a dime if something better catches my attention. I will often defer a decision if it does not need to be made immediately, in order to get more information. I prefer to keep my options open, but can decide quite quickly should that become necessary. I generally have a default, or tentative plan that I will follow unless something requires a departure from it. Perhaps this is just my version of contingency planning.

rav3n

Crazy levels of Te but aren't as directive with others, more nutty levels of personal freedoms. Borderline extroversion. Very close to being an INTJ but not quite since my Se is a lot stronger than Fi. Fi IS my achilles heel.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
INFPs are sometimes represented to be sweet and naive ... I, however, enjoy mocking people when they are stupid ... and that's most of the time. I also mock people who are overly sentimental or respond idealistically ... even if yes, I am an idealist ... but still, some of those non-idealists really go crazy irrational with their head in the clouds ...

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know who the typical representative of my type is.

Noon

I am less grounded, less engaged, less present oriented, less wild child, and a bit less practical... But I think that might be it. I don't have many issues with the ISFP profiles and seem to get along most with other ISFPs.

KDude

I'm kind of coming around to Keirsey's point of view, and just saying I fit into the Idealist temperant. Strictly MBTI wise, I think I'm more borderline S/N.

mellanae

MBTI Type
RAWR
I don't want to rule the world, I actually have a sense of humor, and I'm not a narcissistic bitch (most of the time) :]
ENTJ, by the way.

S

Sniffles

I guess as a Feeler, I'm often interested in topics that are more sterotypically "Thinker" in style, and I seem to give off a Thinker vibe at times.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I think i have more NFJ-esque qualities than most INTPs. I often feel a burning righteousness when i observe what I don't like, I adhere to the concept of virtues/sins described by Aristotle and the Catholic church/Aquinas, I feel great inner turmoil when people around me aren't in harmony, and I get really jeeved when I see people get walked on, disrespected or treated unfairly. There's more but that's all i can conjure up~

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I guess as a Feeler, I'm often interested in topics that are more sterotypically "Thinker" in style, and I seem to give off a Thinker vibe at times.

Yet you ve shown again and again that you re far from proficient at it. Dont confuse storing information with processing it correctly.
You may be an intellectual. But a thinker?

wolfy

awsm
I am the quintessential isfp. And I am the typical representative of my type. Me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've got a huge part of me that mirrors INFJ behavior -- sense of social propriety and appropriateness, viewing things through various filters and seeing every viewpoint as having spin and thus it's more a matter of usefulness that determines the view chosen, and I also have a big issue with what others think... I'm extremely sensitive to it even if I hide it or try to ignore it, and I've had to break away from mirroring other people's expectations for me.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I do have my lazy moments.

I sometimes it on contemplate on the best decision instead of just "knowing"

I'm not a bitch

I like to joke around a lot; I'm always smiling.

I don't steam roll people.... well.. sometimes

Much rather be alone than with people.

It's very easy for me to meet new people, but it's very awkward internally. I generally don't like people xD

I may not be very good with expressing emotions, or sharing them, but I'm a great listener, and will sit hours with friends just listening to their problem, so we can fix it, or improve it.

ENTJ

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I was just thinking there ought to be a thread like this.

Let's see. Probably the biggest difference is I don't much like debating. NTPs are supposed to love frequent, endless debates and snark, and I often shy away from it. I like watching other people get snippy and sarcastic if I think it's deserved, but I can be hesitant to jump into the fray.

I tend to be more patient and open to people who aren't that intellectual, or who hold common misconceptions on topics I'm knowledgeable about, or who say things that I think are just plain stupid. I can get pretty damn:doh:at times, but I still maintain hope that if I keep hanging around them I can eventually find something I can enjoy or relate to. I think it's because I've been isolated for a long time and I want to make any connections I can.

I'm usually on time with appointments, deadlines, etc. if I think it's important. I don't mind 'conventional' style work or having to pay attention to detail.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Are ENFPs supposed to get their feelings hurt if people don't agree with them or something like that? Or if people criticize them? I remember something where we are supposed to be basically big whiny babies.

I'm not like that at all.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't think I really look like an INTP. I blow the whole VI typing thing out of the water. Gish mentioned once, "Jock looks like he's going to come up and brofist you, but then he starts talking about how plants use properties of quantum entanglement during photosynthesis."

I hate being late to things. If I'm late I just won't go. More of a social phobia than anything else.

I tend not to get in to too many debates, simply because I evaluate how the open the third party is to understanding and learning, and if I think they're just there to listen to themselves/confirm their own opinions I won't even bother, since I know how it will go.

I'm sure there are others.