User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm a cardboard cut out INFP. I think I'm different, special authentic, and individual just like every other INFP out there .

I'm just a little bit darker, I think, less sunshine and optimism...a broken idealists maybe, and more aware of the bleakness in life (No, I'm not depressed or emo).

Plus my Ne is probably my strongest function...even if Fi is supposed to be my primary. I have lashings of Te too, hence my strong tendecy to sit on the T/F boarder line.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

There are all kinds of weird stereotypes about INFPs that I don't relate to....

Generally, the idea that we're these harmless little fluffy bunnies. I'm pretty strong-willed, decisive, independent and rational. I've even had people call me intimidating, blunt & aggressive. On the other hand, I do have a really timid, passive, and vague communication style at times. It does not handicap me when it counts to be assertive though - I am nothing close to a doormat. I've been accused of being argumentative when I just thought we were discussing differing ideas - so I'm okay with debate as long as its respectful & has some purpose.

I do NOT make decisions based on emotion. I am emotional, but not often in a warm way - I am NOT a "hugger" (blech). I think I come off as mostly reserved emotionally, unless you're a very trusted person in my life. I find it very difficult to discuss both my emotions & my feelings - they are kept guarded & often people assume I have none.

I'm not the most ambitious person, but far from outright lazy. I don't think I struggle with logic - math & science & other areas which require it come easy to me, because I really think that's a matter of intelligence, not a T/F difference.

I am much more idea-oriented than people-oriented. When I do think about people, I think about them more in terms of concepts than how much I care about them (or whatever people think feeling is).

I'm very private. I self-reveal more online than in person,and even then, I think I do so less than many other people. So basically, I am not whiny or self-absorbed all the time. Other people talk & whine to me more than I to them.

Honestly, I think none of that is necessarily atypical INFP, from the few INFPs I know IRL and the many I've encountered online. When it comes to the FiNe mindset & how it appears, I think I'm a pretty typical INFP actually.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

i shower everyday and exercise

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    There are all kinds of weird stereotypes about INFPs that I don't relate to....

Generally, the idea that we're these harmless little fluffy bunnies. I'm pretty strong-willed, decisive, independent and rational. I've even had people call me intimidating, blunt & aggressive. On the other hand, I do have a really timid, passive, and vague communication style at times. It does not handicap me when it counts to be assertive though - I am nothing close to a doormat. I've been accused of being argumentative when I just thought we were discussing differing ideas - so I'm okay with debate as long as its respectful & has some purpose.

I do NOT make decisions based on emotion. I am emotional, but not often in a warm way - I am NOT a "hugger" (blech). I think I come off as mostly reserved emotionally, unless you're a very trusted person in my life. I find it very difficult to discuss both my emotions & my feelings - they are kept guarded & often people assume I have none.

I'm not the most ambitious person, but far from outright lazy. I don't think I struggle with logic - math & science & other areas which require it come easy to me, because I really think that's a matter of intelligence, not a T/F difference.

I am much more idea-oriented than people-oriented. When I do think about people, I think about them more in terms of concepts than how much I care about them (or whatever people think feeling is).

I'm very private. I self-reveal more online than in person,and even then, I think I do so less than many other people. So basically, I am not whiny or self-absorbed all the time. Other people talk & whine to me more than I to them.

Honestly, I think none of that is necessarily atypical INFP, from the few INFPs I know IRL and the many I've encountered online. When it comes to the FiNe mindset & how it appears, I think I'm a pretty typical INFP actually.
    Nail in the head. The widespread Fi/Fe (Fi especially) fluffy bunny image is deeply fallacious. Fi users can be cold assholes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Fi users can be cold assholes.

Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Fi users can be cold assholes.
    *giggles*

Enneagram
    CFV

I am in no way scared of confrontation or arguments like the stereotypical INFJ and e9. If I hear anyone doing anything that I see as wrong or disrespectful to anyone else (such as talking bad about someone for no reason besides their own insecurity) I will just attack and verbally chop their head off, no regrets.
    Adding to that, I'm extremely interested in Debate as a sport and I'm actively enrolled in my high school's Debate class.
    IMO, my Fe, Ni and Si make one hellish set of functions for my opponents
    I just need to up my usage of Te and I'll be relentless

One the other hand, if the arguments are centered towards me or something I did wrong that upset someone I will run and hide in any shelter I can find.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    *giggles*
    I didn't say all Ti users are cold assholes. Only that they could be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Yeah, NF confrontation.. doesn't really line up with me either. I'm more placid in my old age, I guess, and I'm not argumentative about many things, let alone aggressive... But I have a history of giving beatdowns to people. My friends, whether their ISTP, ESTP, ESTJ, or some other stereotypical butch type, don't treat me like I'm inferior.

Really struggling with the INFP description. Because it is me, and it isn't.

It's kind of funny to type as ISFj (Fi-Se) in socionics, and then reading this description. Sounds more like me (at times):

ESIs tend to evaluate people's ethical behavior "as it is" and not "as it could be" or "as it could be interpreted according to the context or another person's point of view". That means that they can be perceived as unrelentingly harsh, even unforgiving or vindictive, when correcting, punishing or even avenging what they see as unethical behavior, especially betrayal of trust. "Evil must be punished" or even "destroyed" is one of the ESI's mottos.

"As it is".. maybe that's the key. Sometimes I don't need to see how something could be from another angle. Stuff like that hasn't happened in years now though, and I'm glad for it. I don't like conflict. I'm not a thug. And even if I am Fi-Se, I like what a lot of NF's (and NT's) have to say. I don't have an active, thoughtless life, in a "sensor" way...so I wouldn't fit the stereotype there either.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I still think you're probably ISFP dude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole