User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

I always hear the ENTJ being protrayed as The Golden Gecko from Wall Street, now my cognitive functions are E, N, T, J but I totally despise that stereotype, I also get mistaken for FJ sometimes because my training and career path involve developed F or contact with a lot of people who are F and, well, transference happens.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I've never really been a self-sacrificial type. I'm really not one to put a crimp in my own life to prioritize the needs of random people. So I think I am more selfish and out for my own interests (or at the very least, an equal balance between my own needs and those of the other) than the stereotypical NFJ. The general exceptions would be romances or good friendships, when of course I really want to help out if the other needs help -- but I figure this is the case with pretty much everyone.

I would also say I'm less people-oriented/driven than most NFJ's (I really don't relate to the 'activist'/champion-of-cause role in infj descriptions, and I've never been the most charitable of sorts), such that I've often felt I'm a pretty even mix between INFJ and INTJ. And growing up, my interests were more in line with stereotypical INTJ stuff than INFJ stuff.

And.. I don't think I'm as emotionally sensitive/reactive as some NFJ's. But, maybe this has come over time.

I think a lot of this might have to do with 5w4 sp/so.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Let's see. Probably the biggest difference is I don't much like debating. NTPs are supposed to love frequent, endless debates and snark, and I often shy away from it. I like watching other people get snippy and sarcastic if I think it's deserved, but I can be hesitant to jump into the fray.
    Yeah, I only like it if I know the "environment" is safe; if it's a mixed environment and/or the rules of engagement aren't clear, I'm hesitant. I can also get irritated or turned off if everything is always about sniping and snark, sometimes I just want to have some serious discussion.

I tend to be more patient and open to people who aren't that intellectual, or who hold common misconceptions on topics I'm knowledgeable about, or who say things that I think are just plain stupid. I can get pretty damnat times, but I still maintain hope that if I keep hanging around them I can eventually find something I can enjoy or relate to. I think it's because I've been isolated for a long time and I want to make any connections I can.
    Yes, I have that tendency too. And maybe it is partly due to the last sentence... I grew up very isolated and even nowadays I don't like burning bridges; I usually come into a conversation looking for points of connection, not points of disagreement. Some other NTPs don't seem to have that inclination and don't mind burning bridges, whether purposeful or not.

I'm usually on time with appointments, deadlines, etc. if I think it's important. I don't mind 'conventional' style work or having to pay attention to detail.
    That was an acquired skill for me. I don't think it's anti-NTP to be on time or focus on things that are considered important. I think where it comes out is in what things are considered important, or how one responds to things that they don't think are important but others do. (Some people will follow the rules even when they don't care, if they believe that rules in general are important.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't know...i think i might use more fe than the average enfp and i'm not super extroverted.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

garbage

I'm using some type descriptions stolen from Wikipedia, because it's hard to differentiate between myself and something that doesn't have a coherent definition.

ENFP
    ENFPs are initiators of change, keenly perceptive of possibilities. They energize and stimulate others through their contagious enthusiasm. They prefer the start-up phase of a project or relationship, and are tireless in the pursuit of new-found interests. ENFPs are able to anticipate the needs of others and to offer them needed help and appreciation. They bring zest, joy, liveliness, and fun to all aspects of their lives. They are at their best in fluid situations that allow them to express their creativity and use their charisma. They tend to idealize people, and can be disappointed when reality fails to fulfill their expectations. They are easily frustrated if a project requires a great deal of follow-up or attention to detail.

Enthusiasm isn't really my thing; life is pretty serious business for me; and I'm a huge perfectionist

INFJ
    INFJs are conscientious and value-driven. They seek meaning in relationships, ideas, and events, with an eye toward better understanding themselves and others. Using their intuitive skills, they develop a clear vision, which they then execute decisively to better the lives of others. Like their INTJ counterparts, INFJs regard problems as opportunities to design and implement creative solutions.

INFJs are quiet, private individuals who prefer to exercise their influence behind the scenes. Although very independent, INFJs are intensely interested in the well-being of others. INFJs prefer one-on-one relationships to large groups. Sensitive and complex, they are adept at understanding complicated issues and driven to resolve differences in a cooperative and creative manner.

INFJs have a rich, vivid inner life, which they may be reluctant to share with those around them. Nevertheless, they are congenial in their interactions, and perceptive of the emotions of others. Generally well-liked by their peers, they may often be considered close friends and confidants by most other types. However, they are guarded in expressing their own feelings, especially to new people, and so tend to establish close relationships slowly. INFJs tend to be easily hurt, though they may not reveal this except to their closest companions. INFJs may "silently withdraw as a way of setting limits", rather than expressing their wounded feelings—a behavior that may leave others confused and upset.

INFJs tend to be sensitive, quiet leaders with a great depth of personality. They are intricately and deeply woven, mysterious, and highly complex, sometimes puzzling even to themselves. They have an orderly view toward the world, but are internally arranged in a complex way that only they can understand. Abstract in communicating, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. With a natural affinity for art, INFJs tend to be creative and easily inspired. Yet they may also do well in the sciences, aided by their intuition.

INFJs have vivid imaginations exercised both as memory and intuition, and this can amount to genius, resulting at times in an INFJ being seen as mystical. This unfettered imagination often will enable this person to compose complex and often aesthetic works of art such as music, mathematical systems, poems, plays, and novels. In a sense, the INFJ is the most poetic of all the types. Just as the ENTJ must lead, so must an INFJ intuit; this capability extends to people, things, and often events, taking the form of visions, episodes of foreknowledge, premonitions, auditory and visual images of things to come. INFJs can have uncanny communications with certain individuals at a distance. It is an INFJ who is likely to have visions of human events past, present, or future. If a person demonstrates an ability to understand psychic phenomena better than most, this person is apt to be an INFJ. Characteristically, INFJs have strong empathic abilities and can be aware of another's emotions or intents even before that person is conscious of these.

INFJs make outstanding individual therapists who have the ability to get in touch with the archetypes of their patients in a way some other types do not. As therapists, INFJs may choose counseling, clinical psychology, or psychiatry, or may choose to teach in these fields. Writing about these professions often intrigues an INFJ.

I'm not a psychic

Also, to the extent that INFJs 'use Fe' in a stereotypical fashion, I also really don't give a damn about wishing people happy birthdays

Also, that INFJ description seems more positive than it 'should be'

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

While I am pretty witty (and according to my Johari people have noticed ), I'm not quite as quick-witted as most ENTPs IRL -- probably because I have a fairly strong Pi process (Si) in conflict with my dominant Ne, and my Ti is somewhat weak. Weak Ti is also apparent in the fact I have some trouble recognizing logical deductions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    While I am pretty witty (and according to my Johari people have noticed ), I'm not quite as quick-witted as most ENTPs IRL -- probably because I have a fairly strong Pi process (Si) in conflict with my dominant Ne, and my Ti is somewhat weak. Weak Ti is also apparent in the fact I have some trouble recognizing logical deductions.
    When did you go back to ENTP?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I'm using some type descriptions stolen from Wikipedia, because it's hard to differentiate between myself and something that doesn't have a coherent definition.

ENFP
    ENFPs are initiators of change, keenly perceptive of possibilities. They energize and stimulate others through their contagious enthusiasm. They prefer the start-up phase of a project or relationship, and are tireless in the pursuit of new-found interests. ENFPs are able to anticipate the needs of others and to offer them needed help and appreciation. They bring zest, joy, liveliness, and fun to all aspects of their lives. They are at their best in fluid situations that allow them to express their creativity and use their charisma. They tend to idealize people, and can be disappointed when reality fails to fulfill their expectations. They are easily frustrated if a project requires a great deal of follow-up or attention to detail.

Enthusiasm isn't really my thing; life is pretty serious business for me; and I'm a huge perfectionist

INFJ
    INFJs are conscientious and value-driven. They seek meaning in relationships, ideas, and events, with an eye toward better understanding themselves and others. Using their intuitive skills, they develop a clear vision, which they then execute decisively to better the lives of others. Like their INTJ counterparts, INFJs regard problems as opportunities to design and implement creative solutions.

INFJs are quiet, private individuals who prefer to exercise their influence behind the scenes. Although very independent, INFJs are intensely interested in the well-being of others. INFJs prefer one-on-one relationships to large groups. Sensitive and complex, they are adept at understanding complicated issues and driven to resolve differences in a cooperative and creative manner.

INFJs have a rich, vivid inner life, which they may be reluctant to share with those around them. Nevertheless, they are congenial in their interactions, and perceptive of the emotions of others. Generally well-liked by their peers, they may often be considered close friends and confidants by most other types. However, they are guarded in expressing their own feelings, especially to new people, and so tend to establish close relationships slowly. INFJs tend to be easily hurt, though they may not reveal this except to their closest companions. INFJs may "silently withdraw as a way of setting limits", rather than expressing their wounded feelings—a behavior that may leave others confused and upset.

INFJs tend to be sensitive, quiet leaders with a great depth of personality. They are intricately and deeply woven, mysterious, and highly complex, sometimes puzzling even to themselves. They have an orderly view toward the world, but are internally arranged in a complex way that only they can understand. Abstract in communicating, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. With a natural affinity for art, INFJs tend to be creative and easily inspired. Yet they may also do well in the sciences, aided by their intuition.

INFJs have vivid imaginations exercised both as memory and intuition, and this can amount to genius, resulting at times in an INFJ being seen as mystical. This unfettered imagination often will enable this person to compose complex and often aesthetic works of art such as music, mathematical systems, poems, plays, and novels. In a sense, the INFJ is the most poetic of all the types. Just as the ENTJ must lead, so must an INFJ intuit; this capability extends to people, things, and often events, taking the form of visions, episodes of foreknowledge, premonitions, auditory and visual images of things to come. INFJs can have uncanny communications with certain individuals at a distance. It is an INFJ who is likely to have visions of human events past, present, or future. If a person demonstrates an ability to understand psychic phenomena better than most, this person is apt to be an INFJ. Characteristically, INFJs have strong empathic abilities and can be aware of another's emotions or intents even before that person is conscious of these.

INFJs make outstanding individual therapists who have the ability to get in touch with the archetypes of their patients in a way some other types do not. As therapists, INFJs may choose counseling, clinical psychology, or psychiatry, or may choose to teach in these fields. Writing about these professions often intrigues an INFJ.

I'm not a psychic

Also, to the extent that INFJs 'use Fe' in a stereotypical fashion, I also really don't give a damn about wishing people happy birthdays
    Maybe you're an INTJ with a strong Fi?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    When did you go back to ENTP?
    A few weeks ago. My type hasn't changed though -- I've just been having trouble figuring myself out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    A few weeks ago. My type hasn't changed though -- I've just been having trouble figuring myself out.
    Yeah, I assumed you hadn't actually changed, but your understanding of yourself is changing.