User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I seem to be better at follow-through and committment than the ENFP profiles predict (thank you INFJ mother)... at least with the big stuff.

I don't use many emoticons.

I don't put up with condescending people (I can't believe how many ENFPs say they've dated someone who looked down on them intellectually, or regularly called them stupid... f@#k that!!!).

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I fit INTP better than I expect most people fit into a personality type. Differences would probably be that I am rather forceful at getting my conclusions out and to other people and I enjoy sports and other mainstream stuff that it seems a lot of Ns don't.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I saw a thread like this on another forum. Thought it would be fun to do a similar one here.

I suppose compared to other INTPs I am somewhat more J like. It's the weakest preference of my four. I seem to care more about finishing what I start (I feel bad about projects that never get done), I'm neater (not really a good indicator of J/P anyway in my opinion), I take deadlines more seriously, and seem more reliable.

I am more F like in some ways. I tend to care more what others think (maybe this ties into E somewhat too) and I need some praise to know that I'm doing well. I also seem to be more concerned about harmony and disharmony seems to bother me more.

In some ways I'm more extraverted. I think I seek more external validation and I'm not as anti-group (just as long as the group has interests similar to my own). I probably know a larger number of people but I think like most INTPs, I have very few I'd truly consider good friends.

And in some ways I'm more S like. I often see myself as less creative and out of the box than other INTPs. I feel more conventional. Yet I score a solid N most of the time partly because I place a high value on creativity and out of the box thinking. I tend to be more literal too.
    Fe and Ti is a continuum thing.
    High Fe, low Ti? Vice versa.
    It depends on the span of the continuum. The higher the property, the longer the span.
    Short span: One X.
    Very short span: Two X.
    We are not finished with typology in either case.
    Only with the MBTI.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    JTG is probably ISFP.
    No.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

I'm incredibly whiny. I annoy the hell out of my ENTJ writing professor because I'll whine about something and it gets on her nerves lol

I whine about almost everything...

Also, I'm much more prone to let my negative emotions taint my interaction with others. I'm very bad about letting my mood affect the way I deal with other people. I'll get pissy with them and bitch at them, or I'll be self-abusive and weepy to them.

So...
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

All of those things sound typical young INFP. I don't see how it's different from your stated type.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

- Not a social retard. Fe is good, I just don't focus on using it unless I really have to.
    - In tune with reality to a greater extent.
    - More charisma as opposed to that gray-INTJ thing many have going on.
    - Aesthetical as opposed to having no taste.
    - According to Freud, I would be "Oral". I love food and drink beyond moderation. Most others fall into the "anal" category.
    - Most INTJs are (as it seems) not type 8 Enneagram.
    - Sx/sp
    - Representatives of INTJs are often aspies, and they seem to have taken over the type.
    - I'm not good at one or two things, i'm a generalist with deeper knowledge on several topics.
    - My life does not consist of only my mother, cats and a collection of Star Wars collectibles.
    - I'm hygienic.
    - I care about my appearance.
    - I have a taste in music beyond weebls-n-stuff.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Oh goddamnit. Just when I think I finally figured it out, I read something[s] that prompt a reevaluation.

Is INFJ v. INTP confusion a common one?

If INTP:

Everything Jennifer stated previously + an awareness of atmospheric disharmony, which bothers me. Horrendous at maths (save for geometry, if ya wanna call that math.) Very demonstratively affectionate when in close relationships. I have trouble saying "no" to people. Won't voice opinions if I'm not completely sure of what I'm talking about (in the sense that I need to be extensively knowledgable regarding everything about an issue, not that I'm so sold on my convictions that I don't want to debate them.) I don't look, nor probably present, anything like one.

If INFJ:

Not people-oriented at all. I definitely don't identify with the "champion of the cause" thing either, nor the "natural counselor." In fact, I really don't care to hear your problems at all unless you're really close to me and you truly want [my] help. I'm pretty self-absorbed, actually. I'm not especially sensitive to criticism [more NF than INFJ-specific] but quick to feel incompetent, not personally hurt, if someone points out something I missed. Actually, I don't know if that qualifies as sensitivity or not. The only thing about [stereo]typical Jness I identify with is the want of closure; I don't need it, but I prefer it. Other than that, I'm messy, disorganized, procrastinating, habitually late, no sense of time, jump from project to project without completing any of them, need all information before making a decision, yada yada (yes, stereotypes, but meh.) Emphasis on logic and rationality (though, this isn't necessarily antithetical to INFJness.)

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Tabula View Post
    Oh goddamnit. Just when I think I finally figured it out, I read something[s] that prompt a reevaluation.

Is INFJ v. INTP confusion a common one?

If INTP:

Everything Jennifer stated previously + an awareness of atmospheric disharmony, which bothers me. Horrendous at maths (save for geometry, if ya wanna call that math.) Very demonstratively affectionate when in close relationships. I have trouble saying "no" to people. Won't voice opinions if I'm not completely sure of what I'm talking about (in the sense that I need to be extensively knowledgable regarding everything about an issue, not that I'm so sold on my convictions that I don't want to debate them.) I don't look, nor probably present, anything like one.

If INFJ:

Not people-oriented at all. I definitely don't identify with the "champion of the cause" thing either, nor the "natural counselor." In fact, I really don't care to hear your problems at all unless you're really close to me and you truly want [my] help. I'm pretty self-absorbed, actually. I'm not especially sensitive to criticism [more NF than INFJ-specific] but quick to feel incompetent, not personally hurt, if someone points out something I missed. Actually, I don't know if that qualifies as sensitivity or not. The only thing about [stereo]typical Jness I identify with is the want of closure; I don't need it, but I prefer it. Other than that, I'm messy, disorganized, procrastinating, habitually late, no sense of time, jump from project to project without completing any of them, need all information before making a decision, yada yada (yes, stereotypes, but meh.) Emphasis on logic and rationality (though, this isn't necessarily antithetical to INFJness.)

You sound way more INTP than INFJ! Your Fe doesn't seem very high, going by your first 2 INFJ sentences and you say you have barely any J traits except closure. I heard someone once say that Ti is J under P, and it is in the sense of wanting closure and accuracy and quality. INTPs want openness in their opportunities usually, but they want to be safe and they don't want to leave personal issues unsolved and bugging them. But otherwise they're messy, disorganized, procrastinating, habitually late, have no sense of time, jump from project to project without completing any of them, need all information before making a decision etc. Your cautiousness is more I than J, and the difficulty saying no is probably a mixture of the IP desire to avoid conflict that many have and your tertiary (no, wait, not tertiary.... forget the term for 4th) Fe stepping in. Have you checked whether you're more Chart-the-course or behind the scenes? Anyway, you seem definitely more INTP than INFJ.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    INTPs want openness in their opportunities usually, but they want to be safe and they don't want to leave personal issues unsolved and bugging them. But otherwise they're messy, disorganized, procrastinating, habitually late, have no sense of time, jump from project to project without completing any of them, need all information before making a decision etc.
    Hmmmm.. This is very me, yet i am almost certain i am very much an INFP...

(just to deviate from topic)

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs