User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    It is an internal logical system, but it isn't an internal status quo -- that would be Si.

You should note however, that Si and Ti don't necessarily stand opposed to one another, given that Si is a perception function (filters information), and Ti is a Judgment function (interprets information and makes decisions) Judgment and perception are sort of like an input and output function in a computer.
    But does that mean someone with low Si would have next to no desire for logical consistency, even if they had a very high Ti?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    But does that mean someone with low Si would have next to no desire for logical consistency, even if they had a very high Ti?
    Given what the Sensing function is supposed to represent, I really don't understand either why Si would have anything to do with logical consistency. More like physical consistency- if you ask me.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Given what the Sensing function is supposed to represent, I really don't understand either why Si would have anything to do with logical consistency. More like physical consistency- if you ask me.
    Yeah, in the (huge) INTP profile I looked up, it said that our Si is what made us get attatched to things that may remind us of the past, collect things, and have a good sense of atmosphere and mood, and to focus only on details of the external world which are relevant to us. It said nothing about keeping up logical consistency. I still reckon that's mostly a Ti area.

Finally, the dominant Ti function means that the INTP takes his interests and beliefs very seriously. Honesty and directness when explaining these interests are usually displayed. INTPs detest facades and particulary dislike people who exhibit them.
    Related to this is the central aspect of independence. INTP's put great weight on being individuals and essentially different from other people, who they often view as being too alike and too interdependent. Independence touches on many aspects. One is the competency aspect above. When he is interested in something, then the INTP must be competent in it. But there are many things which don't interest him, and some of these will be things that others may be very competent in and where it may be assumed that everyone should be competent in them.
    I think these are two examples of how Ti can be used as a standard. I was discussing this earlier on Ti and it's similar relation to Fi, which creates values and ethics.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

some differences between myself and most ENFPs are that I
    1) am horrible socially
    2) don't like most of people
    3) am very logical
    4) practical and pragmatic

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't fit the stereotypical physical description of an INTP (a common guess is ISTP).

Generally speaking, I suck at math and hard sciences.

I don't mind affection, and have no issues returning it in kind.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Dunno. Probably am in some way different, maybe less than I think, maybe more than I feel. Depends, depends, I would love my vapid infp imagination back now, its more fun than the distilled version of thinkingness, feelingness and visualness.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Trentham View Post
    Generally speaking, I suck at math and hard sciences.

I don't mind affection, and have no issues returning it in kind.
    that could mean you don't have Inferior Fe and Dominant Ti. Were you always this way?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    that could mean you don't have Inferior Fe and Dominant Ti. Were you always this way?
    For certain, T/F is the one indicator I've given the most thought to possibly being wrong about. I've considered the possibility that I might be closer to INFP, except I don't identify at all with making subjective value judgments (Fi). My emotional side seems to be much more in line with inferior Fe, in that I'm still pretty much socially clueless at age 36 despite having extensive life experience. That being said, once I'm comfortable enough in a social setting (i.e., in a committed relationship) giving and receiving affection is never a problem. In fact, as I've mentioned in another thread, I may actually lack sufficient subtlety in that arena.

As for the math/science stuff, I think that's a function of my lack of patience and poor attention to detail more than anything else. Math demands definitive, unflinching precision, which is something I struggle with. I'm fine with the basic functions (in fact, maybe a little above average), but the fact that one small misstep can fuck up everything leads to a lot of frustration.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Trentham View Post
    My emotional side seems to be much more in line with inferior Fe, in that I'm still pretty much socially clueless at age 36 despite having extensive life experience.
    Ok then. You haven't considered Tertiary/Inferior Fi?

but the fact that one small misstep can fuck up everything leads to a lot of frustration.
    yeah, me too.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    You haven't considered Tertiary/Inferior Fi?
    Not really. Functionally speaking that would put me in the xNTJ arena, which I don't see as a strong possibility because my use of Te is almost nonexistent.