User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Oh, one more thing: What I crossed out isn't really so much the S parts of ESTJ, but rather what people think are the S parts of it. Si is about reliance on experience and previously-gathered data, which used to equal traditionalism in a time when information was very limited, but doesn't have to anymore. An SJ who wasn't taught a coherent system of moral values, or who has received sufficient information conflicting with those (which is quite readily available these days -- the Moral Guardians' concerns about media corrupting young minds is quite justified in the case of Si users) will probably not be very traditional.
    I agree, it's not traditionalism per se.. Although there is a heavy reliance on a certain kind of steadiness/standards of normalcy, possibly the most detail oriented in it's fact checking, more comfortable with "official" information, familiar routines, authorities, etc.. It all sounds suffocating in the abstract, but I think it plays out differently in people.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I don't even think it need be official or related to the establishment. They just need a set standard, something against which to compare or which to apply to anything new they might encounter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

I don't even think it need be official or related to the establishment. They just need a set standard, something against which to compare or which to apply to anything new they might encounter.
    True enough.

Speaking of which, what is your standard for MBTI? Me, as much as I like relying on authorities or official documentation, I'm lost in making it more complicated, fitting round pegs into square holes, theorizing.. All signs point to a person being N if they keep doing that

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Aleksei. I believe you are an ENTP who is confusing his Ti with Si (Si likes tradition and checks that you try to follow what is normal and Ti checks internal consistency to your personal norm), Fi (very similar to Ti in many ways, especially for questions on tests), and possibly Te (you say people here often mistake it for Fi, and both are logical organisers, so maybe they're not so mistaken). I may be wrong, but you seem to fit the ENTP profile the best based solely on my experience and your explanations. Also, I find it very difficult to imagine an ESTJ with Aspergers.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    Aleksei. I believe you are an ENTP who is confusing his Ti with Si (Si likes tradition and checks that you try to follow what is normal and Ti checks internal consistency to your personal norm), Fi (very similar to Ti in many ways, especially for questions on tests), and possibly Te (you say people here often mistake it for Fi, and both are logical organisers, so maybe they're not so mistaken). I may be wrong, but you seem to fit the ENTP profile the best based solely on my experience and your explanations. Also, I find it very difficult to imagine an ESTJ with Aspergers.
    Ti is introverted logic -- logic as it relates to what one has deduced to be correct and fit into his own logical framework (as opposed to Te, which relates information to what has been observed to be correct). It's not related to an internal status quo. That, itself, is Si. You might be confusing the two because you're INTP and have both. Checking for what is normal is more related to societal ethics, which is Fe-Si rather than standalone Si.

There is an ESTJ on here with a confirmed Asperger's diagnosis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Speaking of which, what is your standard for MBTI?
    What I've learned so far of the theory. The functions, how they work, the works.

All signs point to a person being N if they keep doing that
    It's more Ne than anything else... and if one thing's clear about me it's that I have a lot of Ne.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Ti is introverted logic -- logic as it relates to what one has deduced to be correct (as opposed to Te, which relates information to what has been observed to be correct). It's not related to an internal status quo. That, itself, is Si. You might be confusing the two because you're INTP and have both.
    Oh okay. Someone said it was. However, I doubt that Ti is not based in observed logic. How can you have logic that does not spring from observation, and conversely, how can you have logic that you did not deduce from that observation. I have been told that Ti focuses on making sure you focus on keeping with an internal logic system (however you get it) and in that way it does serve as a sort of standard, living by what makes sense to you, and this is what I meant.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

It is an internal logical system, but it isn't an internal status quo -- that would be Si.

You should note however, that Si and Ti don't necessarily stand opposed to one another, given that Si is a perception function (filters information), and Ti is a Judgment function (interprets information and makes decisions) Judgment and perception are sort of like an input and output function in a computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

It's more Ne than anything else... )
    Why? Quite a few Ni types (here or more well known ones) appreciate it too..if not write books on it. It's simultaneously masochistic and kind of fun to squint your eyes through all of this garbage, and find something that actually might be useful.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm not neat; I'm messy, and I appear to be disorganized (I know where everything is, but it doesn't look like I possibly could).

I don't care what anybody else does -- it doesn't drive me crazy if other people do things and get away with them -- I don't compare myself to other people or get involved in their business.

I'm not as formal as other INFJs.

I'm not afraid of conflict except on a very deep level. But at the level of saying, "I don't think that's right," or "I see it differently," I am more than fine.