• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How are you different from the typical representative of your type

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, in the (huge) INTP profile I looked up, it said that our Si is what made us get attatched to things that may remind us of the past, collect things, and have a good sense of atmosphere and mood, and to focus only on details of the external world which are relevant to us. It said nothing about keeping up logical consistency. I still reckon that's mostly a Ti area.

The bolded part is something I identify with, especially with music and paintings, I judge most of the music I like by the overall mood and atmosphere, it doesn't matter what genre or style it is. The INTP profile you quoted is one of the best ones I've read, some stuff is really spot on. ;)

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, in the (huge) INTP profile I looked up, it said that our Si is what made us get attatched to things that may remind us of the past, collect things, and have a good sense of atmosphere and mood, and to focus only on details of the external world which are relevant to us.
I can relate to all of this! I've assumed before that my tertiary Si wasn't well developed because I've compared it to the stronger Si of SJ types. In fact it's kind of a different animal, and it sounds as though I fit the mold.

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love my solitude.
I have no interest in the business world.
I'm not skinny.
I don't hate nonconformity.
I'm self-aware and introspective.
I'm not super close with my family.
I'm not conservative.
I suck with managing money.
I'm a polyamorous vegetarian who had pink hair in college.

Last edited:

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
i have my career and financial stuff sorted. thanks to a difficult process of learned (not innate) J-ness and hiring a decent financial planner.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think I have nearly as much fun as other ENFPs do.

I have a gravitas to me.

I'm rather pensive and can even be withdrawn...

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't mind affection, and have no issues returning it in kind.

For certain, T/F is the one indicator I've given the most thought to possibly being wrong about. I've considered the possibility that I might be closer to INFP, except I don't identify at all with making subjective value judgments (Fi). My emotional side seems to be much more in line with inferior Fe...

...That being said, once I'm comfortable enough in a social setting (i.e., in a committed relationship) giving and receiving affection is never a problem. In fact, as I've mentioned in another thread, I may actually lack sufficient subtlety in that arena.

^ THIS! :yes:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have'nt any particular mechanical skills.
I hate dogs.
I'm not interested with animals.
I'm not interested with guns.
I find peoples more interesting than cars.
I study litterature, writing and linguistic at university, and I'am good at this, I really enjoy it.
I like poetry very much.
I'am often nice or even meek with peoples.
I'am spiritually, and philosophically involved.
I'm very interested with psychology.
I'm a very creative person.
I always try to think outside the box.
I'm very good with theory.
I was a gifted children and graduated from high school at 17.
I'm very religious, I believe in God.
I believe in enneagram and recognize some accuracy to astology.
I like maths.
I prefer large rocking parties than spend the fryday night working with a machine.
I'am attracted to fame and fashion.
It'not too rare for me too cry a little watching a movie.
It is quite hard for me to live without contact with my significant relationships, wich are the most important thing for me.
Selfish peoples irritate me.
I'm far to be always calm.
I'm very exitable, and live frequently intense feelings and passion

P.S: this is a very good thread.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I seem to be better at follow-through and committment than the ENFP profiles predict (thank you INFJ mother)... at least with the big stuff.

I don't use many emoticons.

I don't put up with condescending people (I can't believe how many ENFPs say they've dated someone who looked down on them intellectually, or regularly called them stupid... f@#k that!!!).

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I fit INTP better than I expect most people fit into a personality type. Differences would probably be that I am rather forceful at getting my conclusions out and to other people and I enjoy sports and other mainstream stuff that it seems a lot of Ns don't.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I saw a thread like this on another forum. Thought it would be fun to do a similar one here.

I suppose compared to other INTPs I am somewhat more J like. It's the weakest preference of my four. I seem to care more about finishing what I start (I feel bad about projects that never get done), I'm neater (not really a good indicator of J/P anyway in my opinion), I take deadlines more seriously, and seem more reliable.

I am more F like in some ways. I tend to care more what others think (maybe this ties into E somewhat too) and I need some praise to know that I'm doing well. I also seem to be more concerned about harmony and disharmony seems to bother me more.

In some ways I'm more extraverted. I think I seek more external validation and I'm not as anti-group (just as long as the group has interests similar to my own). I probably know a larger number of people but I think like most INTPs, I have very few I'd truly consider good friends.

And in some ways I'm more S like. I often see myself as less creative and out of the box than other INTPs. I feel more conventional. Yet I score a solid N most of the time partly because I place a high value on creativity and out of the box thinking. I tend to be more literal too.
Fe and Ti is a continuum thing.
High Fe, low Ti? Vice versa.
It depends on the span of the continuum. The higher the property, the longer the span.
Short span: One X.
Very short span: Two X.
We are not finished with typology in either case.
Only with the MBTI.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm incredibly whiny. I annoy the hell out of my ENTJ writing professor because I'll whine about something and it gets on her nerves lol

I whine about almost everything...

Also, I'm much more prone to let my negative emotions taint my interaction with others. I'm very bad about letting my mood affect the way I deal with other people. I'll get pissy with them and bitch at them, or I'll be self-abusive and weepy to them.

So...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
All of those things sound typical young INFP. I don't see how it's different from your stated type.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- Not a social retard. Fe is good, I just don't focus on using it unless I really have to.
- In tune with reality to a greater extent.
- More charisma as opposed to that gray-INTJ thing many have going on.
- Aesthetical as opposed to having no taste.
- According to Freud, I would be "Oral". I love food and drink beyond moderation. Most others fall into the "anal" category.
- Most INTJs are (as it seems) not type 8 Enneagram.
- Sx/sp
- Representatives of INTJs are often aspies, and they seem to have taken over the type.
- I'm not good at one or two things, i'm a generalist with deeper knowledge on several topics.
- My life does not consist of only my mother, cats and a collection of Star Wars collectibles.
- I'm hygienic.
- I care about my appearance.
- I have a taste in music beyond weebls-n-stuff.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh goddamnit. Just when I think I finally figured it out, I read something that prompt a reevaluation.

Is INFJ v. INTP confusion a common one?

If INTP:

Everything Jennifer stated previously + an awareness of atmospheric disharmony, which bothers me. Horrendous at maths (save for geometry, if ya wanna call that math.) Very demonstratively affectionate when in close relationships. I have trouble saying "no" to people. Won't voice opinions if I'm not completely sure of what I'm talking about (in the sense that I need to be extensively knowledgable regarding everything about an issue, not that I'm so sold on my convictions that I don't want to debate them.) I don't look, nor probably present, anything like one.

If INFJ:

Not people-oriented at all. I definitely don't identify with the "champion of the cause" thing either, nor the "natural counselor." In fact, I really don't care to hear your problems at all unless you're really close to me and you truly want [my] help. I'm pretty self-absorbed, actually. I'm not especially sensitive to criticism [more NF than INFJ-specific] but quick to feel incompetent, not personally hurt, if someone points out something I missed. Actually, I don't know if that qualifies as sensitivity or not. The only thing about [stereo]typical Jness I identify with is the want of closure; I don't need it, but I prefer it. Other than that, I'm messy, disorganized, procrastinating, habitually late, no sense of time, jump from project to project without completing any of them, need all information before making a decision, yada yada (yes, stereotypes, but meh.) Emphasis on logic and rationality (though, this isn't necessarily antithetical to INFJness.)

:shrug:

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Oh goddamnit. Just when I think I finally figured it out, I read something that prompt a reevaluation.

Is INFJ v. INTP confusion a common one?

If INTP:

Everything Jennifer stated previously + an awareness of atmospheric disharmony, which bothers me. Horrendous at maths (save for geometry, if ya wanna call that math.) Very demonstratively affectionate when in close relationships. I have trouble saying "no" to people. Won't voice opinions if I'm not completely sure of what I'm talking about (in the sense that I need to be extensively knowledgable regarding everything about an issue, not that I'm so sold on my convictions that I don't want to debate them.) I don't look, nor probably present, anything like one.

If INFJ:

Not people-oriented at all. I definitely don't identify with the "champion of the cause" thing either, nor the "natural counselor." In fact, I really don't care to hear your problems at all unless you're really close to me and you truly want [my] help. I'm pretty self-absorbed, actually. I'm not especially sensitive to criticism [more NF than INFJ-specific] but quick to feel incompetent, not personally hurt, if someone points out something I missed. Actually, I don't know if that qualifies as sensitivity or not. The only thing about [stereo]typical Jness I identify with is the want of closure; I don't need it, but I prefer it. Other than that, I'm messy, disorganized, procrastinating, habitually late, no sense of time, jump from project to project without completing any of them, need all information before making a decision, yada yada (yes, stereotypes, but meh.) Emphasis on logic and rationality (though, this isn't necessarily antithetical to INFJness.)

:shrug:

You sound way more INTP than INFJ! Your Fe doesn't seem very high, going by your first 2 INFJ sentences and you say you have barely any J traits except closure. I heard someone once say that Ti is J under P, and it is in the sense of wanting closure and accuracy and quality. INTPs want openness in their opportunities usually, but they want to be safe and they don't want to leave personal issues unsolved and bugging them. But otherwise they're messy, disorganized, procrastinating, habitually late, have no sense of time, jump from project to project without completing any of them, need all information before making a decision etc. Your cautiousness is more I than J, and the difficulty saying no is probably a mixture of the IP desire to avoid conflict that many have and your tertiary (no, wait, not tertiary.... forget the term for 4th) Fe stepping in. Have you checked whether you're more Chart-the-course or behind the scenes? Anyway, you seem definitely more INTP than INFJ.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
INTPs want openness in their opportunities usually, but they want to be safe and they don't want to leave personal issues unsolved and bugging them. But otherwise they're messy, disorganized, procrastinating, habitually late, have no sense of time, jump from project to project without completing any of them, need all information before making a decision etc.

Hmmmm.. This is very me, yet i am almost certain i am very much an INFP...

(just to deviate from topic)