User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Most INFJs are apparently controlling and neat, but I am neither. And yes, I am a J.

And unlike LightYear, I am psychic,

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've got a huge part of me that mirrors INFJ behavior -- sense of social propriety and appropriateness, viewing things through various filters and seeing every viewpoint as having spin and thus it's more a matter of usefulness that determines the view chosen, and I also have a big issue with what others think... I'm extremely sensitive to it even if I hide it or try to ignore it, and I've had to break away from mirroring other people's expectations for me.
    Me, too. I feel like INFJs and more Fe-intensive INTPs can look a lot alike. There is a slight difference in "feel," though, that I don't know if I could put into words.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I don't think I really look like an INTP. I blow the whole VI typing thing out of the water. Gish mentioned once, "Jock looks like he's going to come up and brofist you, but then he starts talking about how plants use properties of quantum entanglement during photosynthesis."

I tend not to get in to too many debates, simply because I evaluate how the open the third party is to understanding and learning, and if I think they're just there to listen to themselves/confirm their own opinions I won't even bother, since I know how it will go.

I'm sure there are others.
    I don't look like an INTP, either. I've been a performer in one way or another since I was young, so I know how to look like a more animated, extroverted type, and I tend to tailor the conversation to the other person. I won't really nerd out around most people, unless I detect similar nerdiness in them. Then it's ON.

And yeah, I don't enjoy debates at all. I enjoy conversations with an end goal of coming to an understanding. If I can tell we're just wasting our breath and no one's keeping an open mind, I'll keep mostly quiet, then excuse myself as soon as possible. Why waste the energy?

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post

I tend to be more patient and open to people who aren't that intellectual, or who hold common misconceptions on topics I'm knowledgeable about, or who say things that I think are just plain stupid. I can get pretty damnat times, but I still maintain hope that if I keep hanging around them I can eventually find something I can enjoy or relate to. I think it's because I've been isolated for a long time and I want to make any connections I can.
    I have almost infinite patience for people who might not be intellectual, but are open to new ideas, and are kind.

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I think I like to be nicer to others and considerate of the feelings of strangers than most of my type. And although I tend to be unconventional I do like to be liked (or impress others) not to the point of changing my lifestyle but enough to go though pains to avoid being obnoxious or otherwise standing out in a rude manner to strangers I will likely never see again.

I have a hard time at saying "No" to people I know.

I also believe in God (although I think there is also a fair amount of BS in the judeo-christian bibles)
    Yes to all of the above. I think about others' feelings to a fault.

Let's see, what else? I was kind of a teacher-pleaser in school, and was self-motivated to make good grades. I've read on some INTP profiles that they hate school and often don't care about grades at all, ending up with a terrible GPA even though they were intelligent. I adored school. I'd still be there if I could.

I don't seem to have the same fascination for metal and electronica that many INTPs do. I find both highly annoying.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I have and always had a strong moral codex being a master at categorizing people into Good or Evil. When the Bush administration talked about the Axis of Evil, I was deeply hurt .

Joking aside, this moral intrest has been fueled lately thru my partnership with my INFJ, but before that it was present aswell. I first of all thought of me to be more like an entj, cause I like in that regards to step up for friends who are treated unfair by others. But I dont find neither Ni, Te nor Se in me, so I gave up on that.

I am pretty sure today, I am a typical entp, I am still tho very subjective in my feelings and share some things, which would be more attributed to enfps.

Overall I have the most characteristics of an entp: I am polemic, there isnt one mechnical or electrical device on the world I cant fix, I contradict myself, I avoid to be judgemental before I havent considered every view on a thing, I have in comparism a very huge d.. neck...

I dont consider myself to be a great thinker, I needed to learn a lot about systematic thinking and had to bring a lot of structure into the chaos that was me. I became quiet good at math first time at University. Before that time I hadnt really developed what I today would call Ti. I always had a knack for all systems mechanical or electrical and for physics in general but I never really invested much time into learning all the details.

My major courses in school were german and english literature and after school I went into studieing mechanical engineering, which is a very uncommon thing to happen. Normally engineers choosed physics and math at school and because I didnt, I had to work up on a lot the first years at University.

Nowadays with my University years coming to an end, I more become the person I once were, I am finding old intrests back and I can more easily enjoy it today. When I was young, I was like what you'ld call an emo today, we called it gothics back then. I had a long black coat and one day I even tried out kohl ( which nearly costed me an eye ). I was a very frightening persona and tended to scare people away, though all I was looking for was closeness and understanding. So a typical puberty. I have written a lot of things back then, to tell my thoughts at least to paper and people were expecting from me to become an author. This changed tho, I changed and I've lost many old friends.

That is when I talk about having lived in many universes, my whole life went from one phase to the next and the only thing that remained was unhappiness.

In this regards my choice of study was good because it brought me myself the thing I could outlive all my talents in and the thing I really can enjoy. Therefore I am quite conviced that Ti is the right thing to describe me. On the other hand, maturity and a thing to live for, have brought me the stability to deal with my sometimes hypersensitive emotions. With which I nearly even teared apart my whole family when I tried to show them what where and when they are unsensitive about things.

having found a girl, who sees the world like I do, was the biggest luck I could have on that way.

So to end this not to dramatically:

"How did Leibniz found out about the binary system ?"
    "While talking to his wife: yes..no...no...yes...yes...no..."
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP

From what I've actually seen of stereotypical male INFPs on the forum I don't think I'm very different at all, cultural differences aside. I tend not to write as much, I guess. Maybe a little less open about how seriously I take myself. Sexier.

Yeah, that's all I've got.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I posted this in the Type-Defying Behavior thread, but here it is again, for what it's worth.

INFJs are supposedly not good with detail-oriented work or money management; I am good with both.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    STP

I have the strength to fight and the softness to catch
    Im out, its been fun

I confess: my penis is much bigger than the typical INTJ penis.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I confess: my penis is much bigger than the typical INTJ penis.
    This aint a type thing, this comes with the language :strike:
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    From what I've actually seen of stereotypical male INFPs on the forum I don't think I'm very different at all, cultural differences aside. I tend not to write as much, I guess. Maybe a little less open about how seriously I take myself. Sexier.

Yeah, that's all I've got.

Yeah.

You take yourself waaaay too seriously.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quieter, lower energy, high Te
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.