User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to be every type?

5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Nope. You're one or the other but you may develop non-dominant functions.
    this. even if you train the non-dominant functions in a point where you can freely use every function at any situation, not even that would mean that your type has changed from the original
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    As the title suggests, could a person who is borderline E/I, S/N, T/F, and J/P to the point where they could be any personality type at any time?
    Yes, it is possible, just as it is possible that it is not true.

He who laughs Array

To answer the question since people are really confused; No.

You have to understand that what is described by Jung and to some degree Myers Briggs literature is the extreme types. Those that exhibit traits differently from the general demographics - but still stereotypical - of the proposed type.

Most people that take the type indicator are not extreme people. So there is confusion in many to what attitude they use or function because we all use the functions but still have a preference of functions.

Thats the basics. To quote the article I put up in this thread before. "Individuation is a process informed by the archetypal ideal of wholeness, which in turn depends on a vital relationship between ego and unconscious. The aim is not to overcome one's
    personal psychology, to become perfect, but to become familiar with it."

What I bolded is what I find interesting here. Because ideally what we would see as perfect is the use of every function as we needed it. But that is out of our grasp we can only become familiar with ourselves, know our potential as we are, know the potential of our preferences. And our psyche is not able to go from one so different perspective of dominance to a different one without creating a psychosis. As I understand it.