• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My type?

sleepy

I just took this test.
Personality Test

Result
Ta-dah, your personality type is INTP!
Introverted (I) 54% Extraverted (E) 46%
Intuitive (N) 82% Sensing (S) 18%
Thinking (T) 60% Feeling (F) 40%
Perceiving (P) 73% Judging (J) 27%

This sort of confirms my own suspicions. That I am a hybrid, specifically a XNXP one.

Do you believe in hybrids? Do you think I am real?

I also suspect myself to be S. So how come I score so miserable in this?

How can I improve? My S and J? are these my weak points?

Havane

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
No, I don't believe in type hybrids. I do think that some types can be more balanced in their preferences than others (for example, an ENFP with a "weak" F with is going to seem more like an ENTP than an ENFP with a strong Feeling preference), but I'm certain that you have a type. Try taking a cognitive processes test and teaching yourself more about function theory.

redacted

Using the term "believe" is kind of weird regarding type "hybrids". MBTI types are like adjectives. Naturally, certain sets of actions are easier to describe with those adjectives than others.

That being said, I've found that in most cases, people relate most strongly to one type. That is, if they actually learn enough to distinguish between them!

If you suspect yourself to be S, you probably are. Most online tests make being an N seem more "smart" or something than being an S. So a lot of the time, the S answer will seems like the dumb-person-answer -- which is horribly misleading. Unfortunately, you have to take all binary forced-answer test results with a grain of salt. They may not mean much.

One of my closest friends is an ISTJ, and he's smarter than 90% of the people I know, including many of the Ns I know.

He always scores INTJ.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Balanced preferences.

Look at me [sig]

sleepy

Try taking a cognitive processes test and teaching yourself more about function theory.
I got these results.
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.3)

introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.1)

extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************** (34.2)

introverted Intuiting (Ni) ***************************** (29.3)

extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************* (25.2)

introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.3)

extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.2)

introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.2)

I clicked 'somewhat me' on most all the questions. So now I got INFP(intp). I know about function theory, roughly. But as you can see. My combinations does not line up. Fi and Ti are not supposed to be working in tandem from what I've gathered.

Using the term "believe" is kind of weird regarding type "hybrids". MBTI types are like adjectives. Naturally, certain sets of actions are easier to describe with those adjectives than others.
It's a system based on belief/subjectivity, yes? not on facts?

That being said, I've found that in most cases, people relate most strongly to one type. That is, if they actually learn enough to distinguish between them!
I do, I relate to the hybrid type. Idealistically it would be the XXXX type.

If you suspect yourself to be S, you probably are.
But I also suspect myself to be all the other letters, even J. I find it hard to believe that I have a preference.
Most online tests make being an N seem more "smart" or something than being an S. So a lot of the time, the S answer will seems like the dumb-person-answer -- which is horribly misleading. Unfortunately, you have to take all binary forced-answer test results with a grain of salt. They may not mean much.

One of my closest friends is an ISTJ, and he's smarter than 90% of the people I know, including many of the Ns I know.

He always scores INTJ.
I don't care about smartness. IMO all people are stupid. It's mostly a question of how aware how stupid one really is that determine how smart one is. Not that this matters. I think I'm unbiased towards all types. And any type will do. Preferably a hybrid type, as that is what is making most sense to me, and well, is a little more interesting :)
Balanced preferences.

Look at me [sig]
Not so different from me. Are you also a hybrid, or think yourself to be one?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
sleepy said:
do, I relate to the hybrid type. Idealistically it would be the XXXX type.

But I also suspect myself to be all the other letters, even J. I find it hard to believe that I have a preference.

we're all hybrids, technically. we all use all 8 functions; we all have all eight letters in our personality to some extent. no one is fully extraverted or introverted; no one is fully a feeler or a thinker. we would not be able to function in the world otherwise, since we would be missing a core ability. i've seen the functions likened to parts of a yin yang. they all yin-yang with one another - they are all counterparts of one another (think Te-Ti and Te-Fe, etc.) - and we must have all of them.

but, the point of the MTBI is to break down our strengths and weaknesses and put us on one or the other side of a dividing line to help us understand the cognitive frames we see through. if you type yourself as XXXX you could still certainly learn from the theory by learning how to improve your usage of each of the functions. still, having a hybrid type kind of defeats the purpose of typing.

i'd encourage you just to keep looking into it. i wonder if you aren't an INTP (or INFP, though your writing voice sounds more INTP) with well-developed Se (or Si).

redacted

It's a system based on belief/subjectivity, yes? not on facts?

Well you could argue that any conclusions regarding personality are subjective or belief-based. And in that sense, I agree with you.

I do, I relate to the hybrid type. Idealistically it would be the XXXX type.

See, if you're xxxx, what that means is that either side of each dichotomy doesn't describe you well. So...why even use MBTI to describe yourself?

Being xxxx isn't descriptively useful. And since description is all MBTI can actually help a person with, it doesn't seem like something to strive for.

Why are you so against being one type? It's just an adjective. You're saying all 16 adjectives describe you poorly. So......why are you even in this framework then? Forget MBTI if that's the case. It won't help you.

What does having a preference (official sounding voice) even mean? That you believe you have it? That other people believe you have it? Really, an MBTI type only means what the person talking about it means. It's not so official.

I don't care about smartness. IMO all people are stupid. It's mostly a question of how aware how stupid one really is that determine how smart one is.

So you don't care about smartness yet still find a way to make yourself seem smarter than everyone? Heh.

Sorry, don't mean to be a dick.. Couldn't help myself.

Not that this matters. I think I'm unbiased towards all types. And any type will do. Preferably a hybrid type, as that is what is making most sense to me, and well, is a little more interesting :)

I really like this attitude, but I'm a little confused about what you think it means to have a type in the first place.

I suspect we're using the same terms to describe different things.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
ill just put the same thing here since there are several topics of the same thing..

"Many people, moreover, develop two superior functions so well that is very difficult to say whether the person is a thinking-intuitive type or an intuitive type with good thinking. (Lectures on Jung's Typology p.21.)

like this quote says, its just very hard to say sometimes when the person is entp or intp..

intp profile said:
Here is an aspect where INTP and ENTP types differ strongly. The latter, with dominant iNtuition, are much more driven by shaping the world according to their ideas, ie. thinking supports and subordinates doing. For the INTP, doing supports and subordinates thinking.

and like this says its either that thinking supports and subordinates doing or other way. when thinking supports and subordinate doing, doing cant support thinking and subordinate thinking, its either way around..

satine put it out quite perfectly, its about what roles the functions play in you, not really how strong are they, strength of the function(or what strength some test gives you) can and will vary during your life, but your type doesent change because of that.

Also do remember that i/e in mbti doesent mean same as introvert/extrovert in normal talk, in mbti(and ntp) its about if you pay attention to your surroundings or your inner world, in normal talk its basically if you are active towards your external world or not and this is completely different from mbti i/e. Also do remember that Ne happens inside of your head, even tho the intuitions come from the external world.

My Ne is almost as strong as my Ti and i got a entp friend whos Ti is nearly as strong as his Ne. At times i act more extroverted than he does, but that doesent make me entp and him an intp. He used to think that he is an intp(when i first told him about mbti) because he doesent feel very extroverted(in a traditional sense) and he has enjoyed doing things much alone when he was a kid, but what he did was when he was a kid was build all these machines and stuff like that, doing that kind of things he was actually using his Ne even tho he felt like an introvert. He is still pretty introverted(in a traditional sense) but hes doing things like programming and those kind of things that he does alone, but that are still aimed to the external world. Also i can notice that when he was figuring out an mind puzzle i had, he went testing and trying all kinds of things with it, while figuring out how it works. When i did the puzzle, i stopped all the time and thought how it might go. Even with out very different approach to it we both worked it out about the same speed.

People learn the basics and stop thinking that there can be some x types that are actually types instead people just not being able to tell what type are they.