• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

T being better than F

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hey
I don't really know how to say it =X
But it seems like many F think that being T is better than being F
And that like they think that being T is in every way easier than being F and that they dont like being F.
& if F was super nice friendly and T jerk that has no emotions, so Mrs. F would like to become Mrs. T...
while the opposite does not happend? o_O

Get it? o_O
So am I a moron who has hallucinations or is it true?

Note: Sorry about the big amount of "and like you know the thingy watermelon" . I'm jealous of whoever has writing skills. :yes:

Note 2: this is not what i think, im happy to be a F xD
T is not my cup of tea! Hahaha... o.o

Last edited:

Jaguar

I use both T and F to make my decisions. What is the big deal?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
maybe it's our writing skills... :(

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
o_O No I'm talking about the F people who would like to be T
@Lady X: I was talking to Jaguar xD (i officially deserve a F in english)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh i know...i was answering the why doesn't it happen the other way around question. haha

KDude

According to the somatotype guy, I've perfected my Ti to fake a good F.

Einstein doesnt have anything on this discovery. Kneel before me. I'll teach you the way of balance.

Yeah my writing skills suck too.. I doubt I can make you kneel.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I use both T and F to make my decisions. What is the big deal?

There is a big deal, MBTI is the "opium" of our people. We need simplistic labels to "make sense" of the world around us and affirm our superiority over others. Hence, we deduce that Thinker is the "logic function" and its better than Feeling because "it" makes better, more "rational" decisions. Similarly, we also deduce that Feeling is the "empath" function, and its better than Thinking because "it" is more "sensitive", "likable" and "insightful about people".

In all cases, whatever functions we have, they all entail important skill sets that make us superior to people of other functions.

KDude

Seriously, I'm tempted to read your book if you have a good answer to that. I don't like "folk typology" either.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Seriously, I'm tempted to read your book if you have a good answer to that. I don't like "folk typology" either.

What makes you think there's any other kind? The only dichotomy that has been even remotely validated in experimental controls is the I/E, and that was done with rats in a pseudo-social facilitation study.

Invoking a reference to N/S or F/T when describing a person may not be any different than invoking the name of Poseidon when describing what the weather is like. It may not go beyond heuristic and metaphor.

KDude

I hear what you're saying, but.. umm.. Is there any reason why rats would be a good way to test any of this in the first place? They could just be limited to E/I themselves. I can't imagine there being an INFP or ESTJ rat. There *could* be people that come close though. Why not test on them?

Jaguar

There is a big deal, MBTI is the "opium" of our people. We need simplistic labels to "make sense" of the world around us and affirm our superiority over others. Hence, we deduce that Thinker is the "logic function" and its better than Feeling because "it" makes better, more "rational" decisions. Similarly, we also deduce that Feeling is the "empath" function, and its better than Thinking because "it" is more "sensitive", "likable" and "insightful about people".

In all cases, whatever functions we have, they all entail important skill sets that make us superior to people of other functions.

Why are you posting this?

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
he's obviously trolling! Sick 'em, Jag 'ol boy!

I hear what you're saying, but.. umm.. Is there any reason why rats would be a good way to test any of this in the first place? They could just be limited to E/I themselves. I can't imagine there being an INFP or ESTJ rat. There *could* be people that come close though. Why not test on them?

well i think they have validated E/I in humans but the effects were marginal and unimpressive. The problem with doing performance studies under stress has to do with ethics and all that hubbub - they can't push the letter of the envelope when using human subjects, but they did with rats and got a bi-modal distribution of performance with # of others nearby as the dependent variable, suggesting two populations: introverted and extraverted.

They can't get similar effects with any other dichotomy (as far as I know), which casts a lot of doubt on the rest of the scales.

Jaguar

he's obviously trolling! Sick 'em, Jag 'ol boy!

When someone like SW who has a long history of posting rants about F Types, starts wearing a halo all of a sudden, what should we call his post - satire? ;)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Lol, then we have those who settle for affirming there superiority over objects. Its fun to watch these people try to do things and battle with inanimate objects. "I PWND that fridge". Sometimes I just feel like bowing down to that superiority, as I ignore the fact that its now laying on its side all scratched up and dented, thinking to myself, I am glad its yours and I dont own it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Invoking a reference to N/S or F/T when describing a person may not be any different than invoking the name of Poseidon when describing what the weather is like. It may not go beyond heuristic and metaphor.

Shush, Hermes -- your stretch here is all Greek to me.

When someone like SW who has a long history of posting rants about F Types, starts wearing a halo all of a sudden, what should we call his post - satire? ;)

It's been interesting to watch SW's progression over the years... and yes, his views were always become more refined despite his lingering old forum persona.

Hey
I don't really know how to say it =X
But it seems like many F think that being T is better than being F
And that like they think that being T is in every way easier than being F and that they dont like being F.
& if F was super nice friendly and T jerk that has no emotions, so Mrs. F would like to become Mrs. T...
while the opposite does not happend? o_O

There will always be people in the world who find it easy to categorize and then undercut the category they are not in.

There are a lot of reasons why these biases in MBTI might exist... and the bottom line is, also, these categories are just human creations meant to help pinpoint particular broad frameworks. They are not definitive IRL, nor are they clear-cut IRL. In the end, we are complex people, and we are who we are... however we might be able to be categorized... so we [should] get taken on merit of who we are.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OP- why do you personally think being T is better than F?

I personally couldn't imagine being anything but an F. I wouldn't want to be. But there is no "better," everything within MBTI is pretty balanced. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ts are the better Fs that's for sure.

Any more questions ? :D

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sure, there are situations I wish I was more T than F... but there are also situations where I thank God that I'm an F.

Because of my F, I avoid careers that might put me in a position to fire people... I just think because of how I am, I wouldn't be able to fire someone. At the same time, I'm glad I have my F when it comes to dealing with people who have just lost a loved one...

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
OP- why do you personally think being T is better than F?

I personally couldn't imagine being anything but an F. I wouldn't want to be. But there is no "better," everything within MBTI is pretty balanced. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses.

Because we think with our brains and you think with your hearts. And thinking with your brains is normal, so you guys are freaks for using an organ that is designed for the circulatory system.

It's science. You can't deny my logic. :laugh:

Ahhh... Nobody thinks I'm funny but me...