User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 62

  1. #41
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    What's serious here is that folk typologists have an irrational attachment to their views. In fact, their committment is so intense that its comparable to the committment of multi-million dollar businesses to their primary source of revenue.

    I'd think that such dogmatism is dangerous on some level, however, its perils are more comparable to other consequences of a narrow-minded attitude rather than to natural disasters such as global warming.

    I agree that the emotional attachment does come at the expense of something very serious, but not quite as serious as global warming. The dangers of folk typology consists in its dogmatism and that kind of a peremptory attitude resembles the attitude of Oil-Drilling companies; that can be dangerous in many different ways, however, the perils of a steadfast attitude don't have to entail global warming or any other similar catastrophe.

    A practice does not need to be as grave as global warming to be considered dangerous, the comparison of folk typologists was to the attitude of Oil-Drilling companies and not to the natural consequences of their business.
    One can easily find many, many posts by SW (or 'bluewing') that make hostile statements about infps, all thinly veiled by the same old patina of pedantic tone, but none with any hint as to source material.
    And as everything you rail against with regard to 'folk typology' is questionable because it is unsupported opinion, I conclude that you are a folk typologist.

  2. #42
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I conclude that you are a folk typologist.
    I was.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  3. #43
    Senior Member Coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    272

    Default

    What's a folk typologist? xD

    this?



    & Thanks for your answers everyone ^^

  4. #44
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    That's not true. An irrational attachment to your views is one thing that you need to be a folk typologist, but not the only thing. Therefore, the fact that I may have an irrational attachment to some of my views does not make me a folk typologist.
    You're a folk typologist, deal with it.

  5. #45
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    I'm an Old Folks Typologist, I go round to resthomes and tell them they're all ENTPs.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  6. #46
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I'm an Old Folks Typologist, I go round to resthomes and tell them they're all ENTPs.
    ROFL

    "You young SJ whippersnappers have things far too easy! In my day, our company bosses put toe tags on us!"

  7. #47
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    ROFL

    "You young SJ whippersnappers have things far too easy! In my day, our company bosses put toe tags on us!"
    and then try to sell them turbo-charged motorized scooters so they can have races.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Okay Patches, this is just for you. My Dad is possibly ISXJ, probably T but I never rule out F on anyone. Both my Dad and I have quit jobs in our lifetimes because the men we were dealing with had no integrity - frigging scumbags. The money meant nothing to us, because we don't sell out our integrity for any price. One day I was talking with Dad about thinking with your head and your heart. I asked him which he does, and his answer was my own- BOTH.

    I brought up one of his melodramatic moments, earlier in his life, when he quit working for a large company, and I asked him how he decided. He pointed to his heart and said, "My heart told me the president was a piece of shit, and my head told me to tell him to shove it up his ass!"

    As far as I am concerned if someone can't use both their head and their heart together, their decisions will be utter garbage.
    Well said

  9. #49
    Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,938

    Default

    I think that F dominant people gradually become aware as they mature that they can be hurt - you might say - "too easily", being sensitive. And T dominant people gradually become aware as they mature that they can hurt others "too easily", perhaps being not aware enough of others' feelings.

    Either way, you have to work with what you have and hopefully MBTI helps you with that. It has helped me.

    I know that's simplistic, but it's the best way I can think of to boil this down to a short answer.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx


    I DOORSLAMMING

  10. #50
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    I hesitated to open this thread because I thought it was about Ts being on an F-bashing tour.

    I've been told too many times that I should listen to my heart rather than to try to understand. I tried. Honestly, I tried and failed and felt totally miserable.
    I can't be happy unless I'm searching for truth rather than for beauty or happiness.
    I learnt the hard way that I was a real T and not an F who had cast her feelings aside.

    Now I'm very surprised to see Feelers thinking the opposite! Why? I can see lots of arguments in favour of Thinking: the objectivity, bluntness which avoids misunderstandings,...
    But then again I can see as many arguments in favour of Feeling. Emotions are a strong motivator for action. You've got an instinctive, well, feeling, for people and relations: whether to trust somebody, how to react on bad news...

    If you worry that sensitiveness scares away people, you're thinking too much. My very T husband wants to hide whenever something social or emotion-related comes up. He's so afraid he will mess it up and cause rifts or bad feelings...
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Similar Threads

  1. Searching the first person who doesn't want to be better than an ENTJ
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 02:29 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 02:35 AM
  3. This place is better than MBTIc
    By Athenian200 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 02:15 PM
  4. How Intuitives can be better with money...
    By The Ü™ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 09:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO