User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 62

  1. #31
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I have a grass is greener syndrome, but generally, my ego kicks in, and I appreciate my little wasteland forest of Enneagram 4 skulls and death Besides, they are dancing sugar skull skeletons, in a mariachi band, playing Secret Agent Man. Which is not so bad if you heard them. People might be better off planting their green grass and pretty little butts over here, and then we can mix it up. Or not. I don't really care, and I'm not jumping over any fences in the end.

  2. #32
    Senior Member HighwayChild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I have a grass is greener syndrome, but generally, my ego kicks in, and I appreciate my little wasteland forest of Enneagram 4 skulls and death Besides, they are dancing sugar skull skeletons, in a mariachi band, playing Secret Agent Man. Which is not so bad if you heard them. People might be better off planting their green grass and pretty little butts over here, and then we can mix it up. Or not. I don't really care, and I'm not jumping over any fences in the end.

    Well said! And a mariachi band full of dancing sugar skeletons are much cooler than three chipmunks singing christmas carols.

  3. #33
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    F= reasoning function. NOT a propensity toward emotional reaction.

    Can we all agree on that simple definition?

  4. #34
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I like to think of T/F as kind of difference between positive and negative in Voltage and 1's and 0's in Binary. I'm sure someone more acquainted with the two would tear that apart, but I think it's a good enough illustration.. where they are kind of the same, yet different? One's more analog and electric, one's digital and computational. No?

    To carry it further, the F's processing capability, like electrical devices, uses a reference point, a ground (call this ground any applicable values/principles/impressions/aesthetic judgements to a situation... and these values can be abysmal or pretty refined depending on the person's experiences and Perception), and the signal goes negative/positive according to whatever limits set by the ground. While T processes through principles from set or boolean logic (which is also applicable to many situations, but without the "ground", it comes off detached or dispassionate in some people. It's straight up logical processing).

    Umm.. but maybe some people are just a little bit of both.. It's up to a T person or F person to adjust to a foreign area (one where it has little grounding or where it's not sure how it's logic applies) on it's own terms or try to apply it's mode of thinking everywhere (in many cases, T types do in fact have values and feeling and various sentiments, and draw on it where they think it's necessary. And F's sure as hell can't change a tire without T, so they're drawing on that there). Anyways, I'm going to stop now

  5. #35
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    There is a big deal, MBTI is the "opium" of our people.
    Classic! I love it - keep 'em coming. Are you & Victor sharing a brain now?


    I need to find the thread where SW says folk typology is a major threat like global warming and put it in my sig....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  6. #36
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I need to find the thread where SW says folk typology is a major threat like global warming and put it in my sig....
    I've never said such a thing, only that people respond to criticism of folk typology similarly to how Oil-drilling companies respond to information about how their business exacerbates global warming. This statement suggests that folk typologists have a similar emotional attachment to their views as Oil-drilling companies do to their right to keep drilling at the expense of global warming. That tells us nothing about how dangerous folk-typology is.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  7. #37
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I've never said such a thing, only that people respond to criticism of folk typology similarly to how Oil-drilling companies respond to information about how their business exacerbates global warming. This statement suggests that folk typologists have a similar emotional attachment to their views as Oil-drilling companies do to their right to keep drilling at the expense of global warming. That tells us nothing about how dangerous folk-typology is.
    It implies the emotional attachment is at the expense of something very serious, in this case, something akin to global warming.

    In any case, it's unintentionally humorous - and I approve.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  8. #38
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    It implies the emotional attachment is at the expense of something very serious, in this case, something akin to global warming..
    What's serious here is that folk typologists have an irrational attachment to their views. In fact, their committment is so intense that its comparable to the committment of multi-million dollar businesses to their primary source of revenue.

    I'd think that such dogmatism is dangerous on some level, however, its perils are more comparable to other consequences of a narrow-minded attitude rather than to natural disasters such as global warming.

    I agree that the emotional attachment does come at the expense of something very serious, but not quite as serious as global warming. The dangers of folk typology consists in its dogmatism and that kind of a peremptory attitude resembles the attitude of Oil-Drilling companies; that can be dangerous in many different ways, however, the perils of a steadfast attitude don't have to entail global warming or any other similar catastrophe.

    A practice does not need to be as grave as global warming to be considered dangerous, the comparison of folk typologists was to the attitude of Oil-Drilling companies and not to the natural consequences of their business.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  9. #39
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    What's serious here is that folk typologists have an irrational attachment to their views.
    By your own definition, that means even you can be a folk typologist.

  10. #40
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    By your own definition, that means even you can be a folk typologist.
    That's not true. An irrational attachment to your views is one thing that you need to be a folk typologist, but not the only thing. Therefore, the fact that I may have an irrational attachment to some of my views does not make me a folk typologist.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Similar Threads

  1. Searching the first person who doesn't want to be better than an ENTJ
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 02:29 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 02:35 AM
  3. This place is better than MBTIc
    By Athenian200 in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 02:15 PM
  4. How Intuitives can be better with money...
    By The Ü™ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 09:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO