User Tag List

First 23456 Last

I have a grass is greener syndrome, but generally, my ego kicks in, and I appreciate my little wasteland forest of Enneagram 4 skulls and death Besides, they are dancing sugar skull skeletons, in a mariachi band, playing Secret Agent Man. Which is not so bad if you heard them. People might be better off planting their green grass and pretty little butts over here, and then we can mix it up. Or not. I don't really care, and I'm not jumping over any fences in the end.

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I have a grass is greener syndrome, but generally, my ego kicks in, and I appreciate my little wasteland forest of Enneagram 4 skulls and death Besides, they are dancing sugar skull skeletons, in a mariachi band, playing Secret Agent Man. Which is not so bad if you heard them. People might be better off planting their green grass and pretty little butts over here, and then we can mix it up. Or not. I don't really care, and I'm not jumping over any fences in the end.

Well said! And a mariachi band full of dancing sugar skeletons are much cooler than three chipmunks singing christmas carols.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

F= reasoning function. NOT a propensity toward emotional reaction.

Can we all agree on that simple definition?

I like to think of T/F as kind of difference between positive and negative in Voltage and 1's and 0's in Binary. I'm sure someone more acquainted with the two would tear that apart, but I think it's a good enough illustration.. where they are kind of the same, yet different? One's more analog and electric, one's digital and computational. No?

To carry it further, the F's processing capability, like electrical devices, uses a reference point, a ground (call this ground any applicable values/principles/impressions/aesthetic judgements to a situation... and these values can be abysmal or pretty refined depending on the person's experiences and Perception), and the signal goes negative/positive according to whatever limits set by the ground. While T processes through principles from set or boolean logic (which is also applicable to many situations, but without the "ground", it comes off detached or dispassionate in some people. It's straight up logical processing).

Umm.. but maybe some people are just a little bit of both.. It's up to a T person or F person to adjust to a foreign area (one where it has little grounding or where it's not sure how it's logic applies) on it's own terms or try to apply it's mode of thinking everywhere (in many cases, T types do in fact have values and feeling and various sentiments, and draw on it where they think it's necessary. And F's sure as hell can't change a tire without T, so they're drawing on that there). Anyways, I'm going to stop now

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    There is a big deal, MBTI is the "opium" of our people.
    Classic! I love it - keep 'em coming. Are you & Victor sharing a brain now?

I need to find the thread where SW says folk typology is a major threat like global warming and put it in my sig....
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I need to find the thread where SW says folk typology is a major threat like global warming and put it in my sig....
    I've never said such a thing, only that people respond to criticism of folk typology similarly to how Oil-drilling companies respond to information about how their business exacerbates global warming. This statement suggests that folk typologists have a similar emotional attachment to their views as Oil-drilling companies do to their right to keep drilling at the expense of global warming. That tells us nothing about how dangerous folk-typology is.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I've never said such a thing, only that people respond to criticism of folk typology similarly to how Oil-drilling companies respond to information about how their business exacerbates global warming. This statement suggests that folk typologists have a similar emotional attachment to their views as Oil-drilling companies do to their right to keep drilling at the expense of global warming. That tells us nothing about how dangerous folk-typology is.
    It implies the emotional attachment is at the expense of something very serious, in this case, something akin to global warming.

In any case, it's unintentionally humorous - and I approve.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    It implies the emotional attachment is at the expense of something very serious, in this case, something akin to global warming..
    What's serious here is that folk typologists have an irrational attachment to their views. In fact, their committment is so intense that its comparable to the committment of multi-million dollar businesses to their primary source of revenue.

I'd think that such dogmatism is dangerous on some level, however, its perils are more comparable to other consequences of a narrow-minded attitude rather than to natural disasters such as global warming.

I agree that the emotional attachment does come at the expense of something very serious, but not quite as serious as global warming. The dangers of folk typology consists in its dogmatism and that kind of a peremptory attitude resembles the attitude of Oil-Drilling companies; that can be dangerous in many different ways, however, the perils of a steadfast attitude don't have to entail global warming or any other similar catastrophe.

A practice does not need to be as grave as global warming to be considered dangerous, the comparison of folk typologists was to the attitude of Oil-Drilling companies and not to the natural consequences of their business.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

What's serious here is that folk typologists have an irrational attachment to their views.
    By your own definition, that means even you can be a folk typologist.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    By your own definition, that means even you can be a folk typologist.
    That's not true. An irrational attachment to your views is one thing that you need to be a folk typologist, but not the only thing. Therefore, the fact that I may have an irrational attachment to some of my views does not make me a folk typologist.